•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
    This is a very good question.

Let's do the math, shall we?

I looked at the SC Draw results and the standings, and found that there were 344 Boys teams and 200 girls teams, or 544 teams in State Cup 2017.

Entry fee is $850.

544*$850=$462,400.

Additional unknown revenue comes from selling State Cup t-shirts, and the skim they get from Stream Sports & hotels from the Stay to Play locations.

Up until the Championship Round, teams still pay the referee fees. A Championship Round has 3 games for 7 age groups for both boys & girls (42 games). Even assuming a flat pay scale for different age groups (generally not the case) and using the highest rate of $140/game ($70 for center, $35 for each AR), that is only $5,880.

$462,400
    - $5,880
    $456,520

Now, I will acknowledge that I am not privy to what FYSA pays the sites for the use of their fields. I feel confident that it is not that lucrative to provide fields as FYSA seems to have trouble finding quality fields for Round 1 & 2.

I would guess that the net profit is over $100,000.
    The profits help pay the salaries and rent/fields at the FYSA headquarters for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The profits help pay the salaries and rent/fields at the FYSA headquarters for the year.
      The cost to construct a new natural grass field is about $350,000 to $400,000 and the annual maintenance (if you want it to stay nice) is about $52,000 per year.

Comment

You have your facts incorrect. What teams are you talking about? I don't see this scenario played out in any age group.
        Actually, I misspoke. My son's team beat their B Team 4-1 in the opening round. They beat the State Cup Champion [/B]4-0[/B] in the semi's.

Look closer, U18 Boys.

My facts remain intact. There were no "B" team members playing on the State Cup Champion team in Florida Cup.

Comment

The cost to construct a new natural grass field is about $350,000 to $400,000 and the annual maintenance (if you want it to stay nice) is about $52,000 per year.
          For a cow pasture in Auburndale?

Comment

That number is for a college or professional field, maybe a private high school. No youth club has a field maintained to that condition.

Comment

That number is for a college or professional field, maybe a private high school. No youth club has a field maintained to that condition.
              I beg to differ. Celtic fields are held to that standard every year. It's like a grass carpeted field...

Comment

Is FSPL still a league. what is the point with da and ECNL. LOOK AT THE rEC CLUB THAT JUST WON STATE!!!!

Comment

Is FSPL still a league. what is the point with da and ECNL. LOOK AT THE rEC CLUB THAT JUST WON STATE!!!!
                  Funny how so many people assume we know what sex and age you are talking about.

Comment

I beg to differ. Celtic fields are held to that standard every year. It's like a grass carpeted field...
                    hahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X