Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is no player in the state even close to the level of what Portsmouth had a couple of years ago.
    Does LaSalle have a strong group again?

Also, what does anyone know about the new teams? Will Scituate be competitive with the lower half, since at least they have a keeper to neutralize other teams somewhat?
    I guess 4 goals against is "somewhat" - welcome to D1..

Comment

bigger question is how did Cumberland let up 4?

Comment

I guess 4 goals against is "somewhat" - welcome to D1..
        I cant find the crying laughing emoji. Where is the crying laughing emoji.

The next comment is right, Cumberland has fallen from grace quickly.

Comment

Neither team has a prayer of finishing in the top 6 of the contenders, but give credit to Scituate. While still ridiculously early, having the ability to at least get on the scoreboard is key, which they showed. I'd guess they will probably make the playoff field.

Comment

I cant find the crying laughing emoji. Where is the crying laughing emoji.

The next comment is right, Cumberland has fallen from grace quickly.
            Add EG to that list as well..although that's been a couple of years in the making.

Comment

Neither team has a prayer of finishing in the top 6 of the contenders, but give credit to Scituate. While still ridiculously early, having the ability to at least get on the scoreboard is key, which they showed. I'd guess they will probably make the playoff field.
              you left out "because of the keeper" mom.

Comment

Getting weaker:
                Portsmouth
                Mt Hope
                Cumberland

Getting stronger:
                Lincoln
                Smithfield
                Barrington

Holding steady:
                LaSalle
                SK
                NK

Everyone else, no clue or doesn’t matter anyway

Early indicators say this post is fairly accurate.

Comment

you left out "because of the keeper" mom.
                  Somebody praises a new team’s offense, and you take a dig at another player/parent on their team? Whatever division or school you are from, you are truly a lowlife.

Comment

There is no player in the state even close to the level of what Portsmouth had a couple of years ago.
                    Does LaSalle have a strong group again?

Also, what does anyone know about the new teams? Will Scituate be competitive with the lower half, since at least they have a keeper to neutralize other teams somewhat?
                    We got our answer today as we traveled up to Burrillville. They could not offer any type of a challenge, and have probably the worst defense/keeper in the league. We were easily able to neutralize their one strong player up top since they had nobody else to help with the attack. I don’t think they even got more than three shots off-lucky if they win a game.

Comment

We got our answer today as we traveled up to Burrillville. They could not offer any type of a challenge, and have probably the worst defense/keeper in the league. We were easily able to neutralize their one strong player up top since they had nobody else to help with the attack. I don’t think they even got more than three shots off-lucky if they win a game.
                      Barrington should have beat Burrillville about 7-0 too, but they squandered 4 one-on-one breakaways that should have been put in in addition to the 3 the did put in. Total domination in possession though as well. Burrillville going to have a long season. Meanwhile Pilgrim smoking everyone in D2. Shows how vast that gap is.

Comment

And of course you have Moses brown again piling up points against the really weak teams in blowouts...ever hear of jv in early second half?

Comment

Barrington should have beat Burrillville about 7-0 too, but they squandered 4 one-on-one breakaways that should have been put in in addition to the 3 the did put in. Total domination in possession though as well. Burrillville going to have a long season. Meanwhile Pilgrim smoking everyone in D2. Shows how vast that gap is.
                          In defense of burrillville there was no reason to move up and they tried to rationally appeal. They came in third last season and then graduated 15 seniors. They even appealed, noting that they would likely only be middle of the pack in d2. I don’t think anyone would have accused them of trying to sandbag if they watched them play this year. The committee botched that up worse than usual.

Comment

They botched it?

I agree that Burrillville shouldn't be D1 but someone has to be last. They had no problem losing 3 games over two years and blowing out weak D2 teams. They wouldn't be sandbagging but when they are too good for a division they stay quiet when they are the ones losing they are in the wrong division. Catch 22. But so is the RIIL year in and year out

Comment

My daughter plays for SK too. Whoever posted this please stop making negative comments about individual players! How would you feel if someone said that about your daughter. A little common sense and class please!!

Comment

I agree that Burrillville shouldn't be D1 but someone has to be last. They had no problem losing 3 games over two years and blowing out weak D2 teams. They wouldn't be sandbagging but when they are too good for a division they stay quiet when they are the ones losing they are in the wrong division. Catch 22. But so is the RIIL year in and year out
                                It is tough because the gaps between the Divisions are usually greater than some like to think. Moses Brown on the boys side finally moved up when they could have done so last year (although note how Smithfield boys are getting to experience the D1 gap). EP and Johnston are back to discovering the gap as well between D3 and D2.

RIIL probably waits a year too long in some cases as noted above, but those teams get their chances to rack up wins and maybe titles before taking their lumps. The real issue is RIIL is so money and insider driven you don't have will to create smaller 8-9 teams divisions and make the regular season more meaningful so only the top or 6 get in (and eliminate a round or two of playoffs).

Instead RIIl defaults to the easy 3 division 15-16 teams where you generate more RIIL dollars but suffer through some blowouts and stat padding matches. The current D1 and D2 should be split into 3 divisions; they would be very competitive in terms of the gap between the bottom and the middle/upper tier. I wasn't a fan of the geo breakouts, but you could have 3 x 11 team Divisions with 10 league games and then allow 4-5 crossover non-league games. Have just the top 6 qualify with 3 v 6 and 4 v 5 play-in for the semi-final matches.

D2 would be super competitive with the lower D1 and upper D2 teams. You'd have far less need for RIIL to mess around with moving up or down teams. You'd think the PCOA would prefer that in the best interests of student-athletes and fairness but..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X