Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone play at Stonybrook Soccer

I had a friend say they have a good program. My son wants to start playing travel and we are not far away from their fields.

What year is your son? I think there is better programs very local to Stonybrook.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What year is your son? I think there is better programs very local to Stonybrook.
      He just turned 10 end of December. I think that makes him U11.... what do you recommend to look at?

Comment

There is a very high turnover of players at Stony Brook due to the expense and the musical chairs assignment of coaches. It's not a bad program, but can be somewhat hit or miss. If it were me I'd look at some of the other nearby programs and research specifically the teams in your kids age group for other options.

Comment

There is a very high turnover of players at Stony Brook due to the expense and the musical chairs assignment of coaches. It's not a bad program, but can be somewhat hit or miss. If it were me I'd look at some of the other nearby programs and research specifically the teams in your kids age group for other options.
          we straddle Stonybrook and Smithtown. The reason I was looking at Stonybrook was I hear a lot of drama and amateurish running of Smithtown program from neighbors. Last season we stopped at their fields to watch a few games and heard nothing good on the sidelines from the parents there. Complain about the trainer or lack there of, the changing programs, lack of information from the coaches and/or the kickers themselves. They stated they never know when there is an extra program running like winter futsal until a week before it happens. Same thing with how they run camps...Hearing all this scared us off. We did hear Stonybrook was more expensive but heard they were more professional how they did it. We would like to commit and stick with a team, hate to be one of those playing on a different team each year.

Comment

we straddle Stonybrook and Smithtown. The reason I was looking at Stonybrook was I hear a lot of drama and amateurish running of Smithtown program from neighbors. Last season we stopped at their fields to watch a few games and heard nothing good on the sidelines from the parents there. Complain about the trainer or lack there of, the changing programs, lack of information from the coaches and/or the kickers themselves. They stated they never know when there is an extra program running like winter futsal until a week before it happens. Same thing with how they run camps...Hearing all this scared us off. We did hear Stonybrook was more expensive but heard they were more professional how they did it. We would like to commit and stick with a team, hate to be one of those playing on a different team each year.
            If you are just starting travel I think that both programs would be a mistake as they concentrate on their high end teams. You are probably better off looking at teams from Ronkonkoma, Terryville, Hauppauge, VOB, Connetquot, Middle Country, etc where you can get your feet wet on decent teams at a fraction of the price while your son acclimates to travel and then move on to one of the big programs if you aren't happy after a year.

Comment

My son plays for Northport and we are from Smithtown. We are very happy there. The team has a few players from around Suffolk. The team is trained by the Redbulls and it seems like the boys have fun. So I'd suggest Northport.

Comment

My son plays for Northport and we are from Smithtown. We are very happy there. The team has a few players from around Suffolk. The team is trained by the Redbulls and it seems like the boys have fun. So I'd suggest Northport.
                Northport is quite the hike from where these person lives.

Comment

Northport is quite the hike from where these person lives.
                  It really isn't. Stony brook, Smithtown and Northport is very easy to get to taking the back roads.

Comment

I had a friend say they have a good program. My son wants to start playing travel and we are not far away from their fields.
                    KK atletico is where you should put your son. Kurt is the best!

Comment

It really isn't. Stony brook, Smithtown and Northport is very easy to get to taking the back roads.
                      We must have different definitions of "Easy".

Comment

Depending on what you and your kid are looking for. Have him tryout or got to open practices, that should give you an idea where he or she stacks up. SB is a good starter travel club as they train bottom up. If you're looking for high level, look somewhere else.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X