Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastern Washington Soccer

Where are all the Eastern Washington Folks? What's new on the scene? Washington East partnering with Crossfire and Global Premier Soccer. I've heard rumor that Reign Academy might be doing something with Spokane Sounders? EW Surf seems to be doing well at taking medals. Anyone have other interesting tidbits? Tryouts are coming up... lots of choices to be made!

FC Spokane is also trying to continue their expansion with tryouts/teams in North Spokane and South Hill. My honest assessment is that Sounders, WE, Surf, FC Spokane are all pretty even right now.

What would be the point of Reign Academy partnering with anyone in Spokane? Is there an appetite for a path to Girls’ DA in EWA? Not a rational one, imo...

One of these clubs will get ECNL soon and that will be the game changer.

Comment

I agree. Soccer in Spokane seems to be going well lately. We have some good talent over here and love seeing the partnerships and expansion to provide additional opportunities for kids. I've only heard the Reign Academy rumor once but find it possibly credible because Sounders are always trying to keep their edge. Only time will tell I suppose.

Comment

Does Cheney leaving IEYSA mean anything? I’m not sure what IEYSA even is at this point, but thought they have done well at providing a Rec+/Select option, which is important.

Comment

We have been considering moving teams and so far have been most impressed with what we have seen with Washington East. Chad Brown seems to be a great asset for them and they are making a lot of impressive moves with their partnerships.

Comment

We have nearly completed our first year with WE after switching over and have been very happy. Great environment, great coaching. Only issues we have seen at all are parents or kids lacking commitment, as in not coming to practices or Sunday games. There is hope every year that those kinks may be worked out during tryouts though. Their partnerships with Crossfire and GPS will help them expand in a positive direction also. Every year we inquire with our kid if they still want to play and who they want to try out for. This year there was no hesitation. The only answer was WE.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              We have nearly completed our first year with WE after switching over and have been very happy. Great environment, great coaching. Only issues we have seen at all are parents or kids lacking commitment, as in not coming to practices or Sunday games. There is hope every year that those kinks may be worked out during tryouts though. Their partnerships with Crossfire and GPS will help them expand in a positive direction also. Every year we inquire with our kid if they still want to play and who they want to try out for. This year there was no hesitation. The only answer was WE.
              I'm happy to hear that. Unfortunately, I feel like lack of commitment is going to be an issue at most places at the younger ages. Hopefully expectations are set everywhere and it starts getting better. The environment we have experienced at WE while looking for where we want to land has been far better than where we currently are.

Comment

Spokane is still very much a market that you should choose a team based on the coach and little else. If Chad Brown coached my kid’s age group, we would go to WE; if Shea Swoboda coached we would go to Surf; if Kevin Moon coached we would go to Sounders.

Clubs are all really similar in Spokane, pick a coach...

Comment

Sounders getting boys ECNL seems pretty big, especially if Girls follow.

Comment

Yes! That was excellent news, I hope the girls will get the same opportunity soon. To the previous post about IEYSA leaving Cheney... I noticed one coach has been added to the Washington East roster as an assistant coach. Not sure who all is coaching at IEYSA(Storm FC) but they are possibly transitioning into Washington East?

Comment

Guessing that RCL/WYS isn’t happy that Spokane is now putting their
                      top boys teams in ECNL/US Club. I don’t think the player pool is deep enough for the 2nd team to be very competitive.

Comment

Moscow United, Pullman Hawks, and Fusion FC are now part of Eastern Washington Surf according to their Facebook. I haven’t heard of the Hawks or Fusion, but Moscow United has seemed like a good little club.

Comment

Surf has a U16 Girls’ team playing for the Championship at NPL finals tomorrow. Looks like the Sounders U18 Girls’ team won USYS Regionals but aren’t going to Nationals. Although neither of those leagues/competitions are ECNL or DA level, seems like both are pretty good accomplishments for Spokane teams.

Comment

Good turnout today for EWA EPD tryouts today, looked like almost double last year’s numbers. Kids from almost all the “top” clubs, RCL and PSPL.

Comment

I agree EPD tryouts doubled. I wonder if they will actually make cuts. My kid was told there would be 2 teams, 4 keepers. Only one travelling team. Which leads me to believe there will be cuts. The coaching roster also changed quite a bit. A lot of new faces. Last year folks were posting about how EPD was becoming less relevant and probably wouldn't last. This turnout makes it seem like the team is gaining in popularity?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X