Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orlando City DA-Monteverde

Any insight on how this is going out there? I heard some older kids are leaving because of the way it is operated and a handful in the younger age groups asked to leave or removed because they did not agree with the way it was being coached. I have an 06 boy and we were looking at the tryouts but wanted to gather any feedback on what I heard, I know parents can be very one-sided.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any insight on how this is going out there? I heard some older kids are leaving because of the way it is operated and a handful in the younger age groups asked to leave or removed because they did not agree with the way it was being coached. I have an 06 boy and we were looking at the tryouts but wanted to gather any feedback on what I heard, I know parents can be very one-sided.

Idiot, please learn how to spell Montverde correctly. Dumbass

Comment

ignoring the douche bag that corrected your spelling... good training and facility and teams are doing relatively well. but know going in that they are heavily pulling from school/SIMA program and will push aside a kid that is not going to school there. it has increased as they go through the season and there have been some players who have asked to be released due to this. they don't seem to care about "home grown" as in central florida kids, but more "home grown" Montverde Academy kids... if you can afford to send your kid to school there I would do it in a heartbeat as training is strong...and education is also..

Comment

Do all the DA players have to attend school at the academy or can they go to their own school? Do all the DA players pay? I just curious how it works and can’t find info on the website.

Comment

Do all the DA players have to attend school at the academy or can they go to their own school? Do all the DA players pay? I just curious how it works and can’t find info on the website.
          they don't "have" to go to school there...but it is better if they do...still supposed to be a fully funded DA as it is tied to MLS...

Comment

I spoke to a 2005 parent when they were playing our team down here and from the parent, this is what they shared:
            It is fully funded and this includes travel for the kids(not parents)
            They are not required to go to school there but apparently, quite a few of the older kids are enrolled there.
            They do have a good facility, training center, and fields. She said that they have good coaches in the age groups and structure, but it sounded like not in the 05 group.
            Communication is not the best from the club.

Comment

I spoke to a 2005 parent when they were playing our team down here and from the parent, this is what they shared:
              They are not required to go to school there but apparently, quite a few of the older kids are enrolled there.
              They do have a good facility, training center, and fields. She said that they have good coaches in the age groups and structure, but it sounded like not in the 05 group.
              You are you full of ****.

Comment

You really think people don't know you are a parent from the 05 team? If not, you certainly take great notes.

Comment

they don't "have" to go to school there...but it is better if they do...still supposed to be a fully funded DA as it is tied to MLS...
                  Some MLS clubs offer both school and soccer for free. I guess OC does not want to pay for the school part?

Comment

You really think people don't know you are a parent from the 05 team? If not, you certainly take great notes.
                    HA! Someone got called out.
                    BTW they are just like every other Florida DA, average at best. The best DA teams are from the west coast and one from Texas.

Comment

when are the tryouts scheduled? Haven't seen anything posted yet.

Comment

HA! Someone got called out.
                        BTW they are just like every other Florida DA, average at best. The best DA teams are from the west coast and one from Texas.
                        Philadelphia Union and NYCFC need to be added to the list of top DA programs. Union and FC Dallas are the top 2.

Comment

There are no structured try outs for DA, usually just ID sessions. Best thing would be to contact Montverde directly for info

Comment

Any word on id sessions? looks like the 05 and up are getting better progressively. would like to get my kid over here since the da at our club ends at u14. any info is appreciated

Comment

Any word on id sessions? looks like the 05 and up are getting better progressively. would like to get my kid over here since the da at our club ends at u14. any info is appreciated
                              Good old Rush. What's the point if you have to go from DA back to their regular academy soccer. Opted out and went to ECNL last year when our son went u15. I know i mentioned 05s but remember the 04 are merging with the 03 next season and heard the current DA 04 are going to have to beat out 03s and their 03 ecnl boys looking to get back on.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X