X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cadell

You forgot this bit from Wikipedia:

"In 1988, Caddell left the Democratic Party after an acrimonious lawsuit with a Democratic consulting firm. Republicans would often cite Caddell's tirades against the Democratic Party on the floor of the House and the Senate."

Hmnn...sounds like maybe he has an ax to grind. Hasn't been a Dem in 28 years......

So former Dem with personal ax to grind turns republican shill. He was an UNPAID consultant to the Romanoff campaign the fired him. What a loser!

Your a hoot as well as witless.

Comment

My father was a surgeon. He was a Republican. He was a fiscal conservative. Towards the end of his life he was solidly in support of universal healthcare, even though he otherwise was still just as much of a fiscal conservative.

Obama's mistake was attempting to have bipartisanship. He should have seized the moment in his first 3 months before all of the obfuscation and lies distorted the picture and pushed a more aggressive and universal plan.

A question that no one on this forum from the anti-Obama side wants to deal with is this: Do you want your own health insurance (forget about all the others who need it for the moment) to be at the mercy of companies who though already hugely profitable, have to profit an additional 20-25% on top of that every single year just to maintain their stock price? The fact is that there are certain services and needs that should not be subject to the pressures of stock market gains. And the assault by the Republicans on ordinary people convincing them via massive distortion campaigns to go against what they have fact need and want is a national crime. That's the bottom line. Some of you will come to this realization when your employer breaks the news that despite you paying huge increases in premiums every year that your insurance will be dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        My father was a surgeon. He was a Republican. He was a fiscal conservative. Towards the end of his life he was solidly in support of universal healthcare, even though he otherwise was still just as much of a fiscal conservative.

Obama's mistake was attempting to have bipartisanship. He should have seized the moment in his first 3 months before all of the obfuscation and lies distorted the picture and pushed a more aggressive and universal plan.

A question that no one on this forum from the anti-Obama side wants to deal with is this: Do you want your own health insurance (forget about all the others who need it for the moment) to be at the mercy of companies who though already hugely profitable, have to profit an additional 20-25% on top of that every single year just to maintain their stock price? The fact is that there are certain services and needs that should not be subject to the pressures of stock market gains. And the assault by the Republicans on ordinary people convincing them via massive distortion campaigns to go against what they have fact need and want is a national crime. That's the bottom line. Some of you will come to this realization when your employer breaks the news that despite you paying huge increases in premiums every year that your insurance will be dropped.
        Addendum:

And yes, there should be major tort reform. What physicians have to pay for malpractice insurance is obscene, and the ambulance-chasing business is one of the greatest and most dangerous scams this country has ever seen.

By the same token, the bankers who have been bailed out and have no regulations and have given themselves enormous bonuses and resumed the same sleazy practices that created the mess also are a national disgrace. Don't tell me about their right to make a profit or confuse what they are doing with the rights of people to make money.

Comment

Oh, Ok. Cadell defends FOX and Rasmussen. Note that he appears on FOX. Of course, he is protecting his meal ticket.

Cadell has been a pariah in mainstream politics for two decades. Keep in mind that the Romanoff campaign that fired him is challenging the incumbent Dem in Colorado. Big time politics indeed. How far to have sunk, from national campaigns to a state also-ran. The only place lower for Cadell to go in electoral politics is probably working for a candidate for dog catcher. That's why he's happy to get gigs at FOX and NRO since they are the only people who give a darn.

Here is Cadell's history:

McGovern 1972
          Carter 1976 won
          Carter 1980 lost
          Hart 1984 lost
          Biden 1988 lost
          Brown 1992 lost

After which he pretty much dropped from the national scene. As would anyone who didn't have a winner in 35 years. That guy really has his finger on the pulse of where the electorate is at, so cite him all you want. Keep in mind his only big winner in the last 40 years turned out to be the most failed presidency of the modern era.

What an athoritiative voice.

he is an anti-environmentalist and anti-union, so I understand why you love him, but please... no one cares what Pat Cadell has to say other than the right wingnuts from FOX and the NRO.

Pretty weak stuff. I love the smell of wingnut desperation in the air.....
          You are right. Your post is pretty weak stuff and a pathetic attempt distract from what's going on in the Obama administration.

You are also right that Caddell had a real knack for picking the wrong horse as apparently did the Democrats who nominated these guys to be their presidential candidate, and he is so anti-environment that he also worked for Ralph Nader during his run. He is NOT anti-union, in fact his Democratic ideolgy puts him firmly behind indistrial unions, but he IS definitly anti-public employee unions and his comment about the SEIU is "What are they protecting themselves from? The American taxpayer?"

Comment

Good God Almighty! Have you been REALLY paying attention this past year? Until Scott Brown was elected to the Senate in Jan 2010, the Democrats have had a SUPERMAJORITY. There was NO attempt at bipartisanship during 2090. There was no need for it. The reason that nothing was accomplished is because of the infighting within the Democratic Party and the philosophical differences between the Senate and the House of Representatives. YOUR party does not want you to realize that and they have obviously been successful so far at accomplishing that. Pat Caddell is the first Democrat willing to expose what is going on in the party and he does so for the sake of the party's existence as many here in Massachusetts once believe the party stood for.

Do you want your health care determined by people like Jim Johnson? Are you aware that for the first time ever that the drug companies have donated the majority of their moneys to Democrats? This was why Martha Coakley was down in Washington while Scott Brown was out shaking hands at Fenway. An estimated $125 to $150 million of drug company funds were used for ads supporting Obamacare. It's disgusting what's going on in Washington. Exactly what you accuse the Republicans of doing is exactly what the Democrats are also doing except they have managed up to this point to pull the wool over your eyes and make you believe they are doing it for your benefit. They're not. They are doing it for themselves. Wake up will you???

The Democratic party is no longer the party of your parents. It is no longer the party of Ted Kenedy and might I also say, of the Clintons, although I think the Clintons had a lot to do with sending this party in this direction. There is hope though. Pay attention what is currently going on in New York right now. In the meantime, if you have an open mind, you will listen to Pat Caddell and I mean REALLY listen to what he's saying. Yes, Pat Caddell is a rare bird, a Democratic conservative, but he has not yet given up the Democratic Party and that takes courage in the present environment.

Regardless of who he is speaking to and with, check out these two clips. In Part 1 Caddell starts speaking at the 8 minute mark and continues to the 16 minute mark. In Part 2 he speaks for about 5 minutes at the start of the clip and then again at the 18 minute mark. Don't assume that Caddell has praise for the Republican party either. He doesn't, but he has a real concern for the direction of the party he has been affiliated with all his life. Caddell is the canary in the mines of the Democratic Party.

http://www.davidhorowitztv.com/resto...ning-breakfast

Comment

Pat Caddell split from Democratic consulting firm Caddell, Doak & Shrum in December 1

he is so anti-environment that he also worked for Ralph Nader during his run.
              "Appearing with David Horowitz, Andrew Romanoff's senior advisor Pat Caddell said that environmentalists don't actually care about the environment, but are out to destroy the free-market system. He vociferously agrees with David Horowitz that they are 'communists.' " (http://coloradopols.com/diary/11581/...uct-capitalism)

Sounds pretty anti-environmentalist.

"During the 2000 presidential election, Wall Street Journal columnist John Fund noted that Caddell supported Green Party candidate Ralph Nader, not former Vice President Al Gore. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Caddell contributed $1,000 to the Nader-LaDuke 2000 campaign. In 2001, Caddell was hired -- along with Susan Estrich, another FOX News political analyst and putative Democrat who routinely sides with conservatives -- to work on the 2002 California gubernatorial campaign of former Los Angeles mayor Richard Riordan, a Republican opposing Governor Gray Davis (D-CA) [Los Angeles Times, 10/21/01, 10/27/01]." (http://mediamatters.org/research/200...005?f=s_search)

So Caddell "supported" Nader and donated $1000., but I can find no evidence to support your assertion that he "worked" for Nader. There is no evidence that he was ever on Nader's payroll or had a role in the campaign.

I guess this is another stretch from a dishonest man. Make up or exaggerate the facts to suit your position.

He is NOT anti-union, in fact his Democratic ideolgy puts him firmly behind indistrial unions, but he IS definitly anti-public employee unions and his comment about the SEIU is "What are they protecting themselves from? The American taxpayer?"
              Easy to claim to be pro-industrial unions when they are all but completely broken. He picks on SEIU because it is the one union growing in membership recently, so that is the one targeted by this ham-handed sophist to curry favor with his new masters and FOX news.

A little more:

"Pat Caddell split from Democratic consulting firm Caddell, Doak & Shrum in December 1985, six months after its creation [Washington Post, 12/18/85], with what The Washington Post described as an "acrimonious lawsuit." Robert M. Shrum is one of Senator John Kerry's closest political advisers, and Doak is a prominent media consultant with Democratic advertising firm Doak, Carrier, O'Donnell & Associates." (http://mediamatters.org/research/200409160005)

I guess you will maintain he opposed the Kerry campaign on the facts and that his own personal rancor and need for revenge had nothing to do with it.

Even though its an anonymous forum, don't you feel a little sheepish about having your continuing lies, distortions, and exaggerations held up to the light of day?

I'm probably going to back off you pretty soon because when my patience gets tried, I will have a hard time being so gentle with you. I don't want to push you into acting on your rage and fear given that you have shown you do not recognize boundaries imposed by honesty and rationality. You have been exposed as a liar. If every new lie you post could be accompanied by a scarlet "L," I would have left off long ago.

Comment

Wingnut found a nut - Pat Caddell!

Comment

Caddel vs. Powell

Gen. Colin Powell endorsed Barrack Obama. Powell is a far more significant figure than Pat Caddell. He operated as Head of the joint Chiefs, national Security Adviser, and Sec. of State for multiple Republican administrations. He is a true patriot rather than a purely political figure as he has never run for elective office.

Powell's support of Obama rather than his former party tells me far more than Pat Cadell's rejection of his former employers.

Comment

Obama hosted 10 House Democrats who previously voted “No” to the health care bill to the White House for a meeting on Wednesday. One of the ten is Congressman Jim Matheson of Utah, who has moved from a solid “No” to “Undecided.” On the very same day, Obama nominated Matheson’s brother, Scott, to a federal judgeship in what the right is calling "Chicago-style politics" and an example of again "buying" votes to pass the health care bill. Scott Matheson is very qualified: Stanford grad, Rhodes Scholar at Oxford, Yale Law School, a few years in private practice, then 25 years on the faculty of the University of Utah, including eight years as Dean of the Law School plus four years as US Attorney for Utah. Should we assumne Obama is crooked as the right will portray? No, but we can assume that Obama either doesn't care appearances or is so politically tone-deaf that he's willing to play right into the hands of the right. I'm afraid Obama is not sa smart as some would believe. This reminds me of the Christmas incident of hanging images of Mao on the White House Christmas tree.

Comment

Gen. Colin Powell endorsed Barrack Obama. Powell is a far more significant figure than Pat Caddell. He operated as Head of the joint Chiefs, national Security Adviser, and Sec. of State for multiple Republican administrations. He is a true patriot rather than a purely political figure as he has never run for elective office.

Powell's support of Obama rather than his former party tells me far more than Pat Cadell's rejection of his former employers.
                      What's Powell think now? His current support of Obama's policies are deafening.

Comment

"Appearing with David Horowitz, Andrew Romanoff's senior advisor Pat Caddell said that environmentalists don't actually care about the environment, but are out to destroy the free-market system. He vociferously agrees with David Horowitz that they are 'communists.' " (http://coloradopols.com/diary/11581/...uct-capitalism)

Sounds pretty anti-environmentalist.

"During the 2000 presidential election, Wall Street Journal columnist John Fund noted that Caddell supported Green Party candidate Ralph Nader, not former Vice President Al Gore. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Caddell contributed $1,000 to the Nader-LaDuke 2000 campaign. In 2001, Caddell was hired -- along with Susan Estrich, another FOX News political analyst and putative Democrat who routinely sides with conservatives -- to work on the 2002 California gubernatorial campaign of former Los Angeles mayor Richard Riordan, a Republican opposing Governor Gray Davis (D-CA) [Los Angeles Times, 10/21/01, 10/27/01]." (http://mediamatters.org/research/200...005?f=s_search)

So Caddell "supported" Nader and donated $1000., but I can find no evidence to support your assertion that he "worked" for Nader. There is no evidence that he was ever on Nader's payroll or had a role in the campaign.

I guess this is another stretch from a dishonest man. Make up or exaggerate the facts to suit your position.

Easy to claim to be pro-industrial unions when they are all but completely broken. He picks on SEIU because it is the one union growing in membership recently, so that is the one targeted by this ham-handed sophist to curry favor with his new masters and FOX news.

A little more:

"Pat Caddell split from Democratic consulting firm Caddell, Doak & Shrum in December 1985, six months after its creation [Washington Post, 12/18/85], with what The Washington Post described as an "acrimonious lawsuit." Robert M. Shrum is one of Senator John Kerry's closest political advisers, and Doak is a prominent media consultant with Democratic advertising firm Doak, Carrier, O'Donnell & Associates." (http://mediamatters.org/research/200409160005)

I guess you will maintain he opposed the Kerry campaign on the facts and that his own personal rancor and need for revenge had nothing to do with it.

Even though its an anonymous forum, don't you feel a little sheepish about having your continuing lies, distortions, and exaggerations held up to the light of day?

I'm probably going to back off you pretty soon because when my patience gets tried, I will have a hard time being so gentle with you. I don't want to push you into acting on your rage and fear given that you have shown you do not recognize boundaries imposed by honesty and rationality. You have been exposed as a liar. If every new lie you post could be accompanied by a scarlet "L," I would have left off long ago.
                        Come back and comment after you listen to the clips I gave you. If you listen to those clips, I might actually take what you post seriously because it might indicate you have an open mind. Up to this point, you've only proven your closed minded bias.

And once again, you can keep insulting me all you wish. It matters little to me, and I doubt it convinces anyone who really does have an open mind, that you are right and I am wrong. Probably just the opposite for quite a few. Those who really do care about the direction of the country and the Democratic Party will consider fairly what I have posted.

Comment

Come back and comment after you listen to the clips I gave you. If you listen to those clips, I might actually take what you post seriously because it might indicate you have an open mind. Up to this point, you've only proven your closed minded bias.

And once again, you can keep insulting me all you wish. It matters little to me, and I doubt it convinces anyone who really does have an open mind, that you are right and I am wrong. Probably just the opposite for quite a few. Those who really do care about the direction of the country and the Democratic Party will consider fairly what I have posted.

yes, you really care about the direction of the democratic party and you show that by posting clips of David Horowitz, far right wing racist, Scott Wheeler, a Republican, and Pat Caddel, someone who left the party two decades ago.

Comment

Ok, this was Feb 21 on Face the Nation:

"Like this Story? Share it:

Share On Facebook

Play CBS Video
                            Video

People Want To See "Compromise, Progress"

In an exclusive interview, Colin Powell spoke with Bob Schieffer about the state of politics in the U.S. and how people don't want to see the parties bickering but to get the country moving in the right direction.

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell on "Face the Nation," Sunday, Feb. 21, 2010. (CBS)
                            (CBS) Claims that the United States is less safe under President Obama are not credible, former Secretary of State Colin Powell said on "Face the Nation" Sunday.

He also challenged criticism by some (including former Vice President Dick Cheney, who say that by not using extreme interrogation techniques such as waterboarding on terror suspects the United States is more vulnerable.

"The point is made, 'We don't waterboard anymore or use extreme interrogation techniques.' Most of those extreme interrogation techniques and waterboarding were done away with in the Bush administration," Powell said. "They've been made officially done away with in this current administration"

Not recent enough for you?

Comment

How about this from the same Face the Nation, Feb. 21, 2010:

"CBS) Former Secretary of State General Colin Powell said Sunday he had no regrets about endorsing Barack Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign"

Do you think that covers what he thinks now? has there been something new in the last TWO WEEKS.

Waht a clown. Try to think before you speak.

Comment

Longer Powell

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6228759.shtml

Overall extremely supportive of Obama.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X