Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in the world does Top Drawer Soccer work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah, so many kids around here going to those schools for sports. Should dial it back to HC, Sacred Heart, Fairfield.
    Can't say for sure about all of the school but Duke will have 4 local kids on their roster come this fall. Maybe you should scale your expectations specifically to your kids and let others do the same. Not everyone's kid's suck like apparently yours did.

Comment

Can't say for sure about all of the school but Duke will have 4 local kids on their roster come this fall. Maybe you should scale your expectations specifically to your kids and let others do the same. Not everyone's kid's suck like apparently yours did.
      So this is a message board specifically for 4 players?

Comment

So this is a message board specifically for 4 players?
        No, not at all, just pointing out that it isn't the private domain of the d3 dad either. Again he should tailor his expectations to his specific situation and leave everyone else to do the same.

Comment

No, not at all, just pointing out that it isn't the private domain of the d3 dad either. Again he should tailor his expectations to his specific situation and leave everyone else to do the same.
          How can that be, when the Daisy Duke crowd crap all over everyone who wants to play at a high level but realize they probably aren't going to D1?

Comment

How can that be, when the Daisy Duke crowd crap all over everyone who wants to play at a high level but realize they probably aren't going to D1?
            pick me.. pick me.. Because then like the D3 dad, they lie about it and then go off pontificating ad nauseam about how important education is.

Comment

A better response is, if you are not worried about D1 why are you in a thread about TDS rankings?

Comment

A better response is, if you are not worried about D1 why are you in a thread about TDS rankings?
                Because whether or not my particular child is on these rankings, doesn't make me that much less interested. I perused it, see some names...chuckle at some.

But, mostly, I'm here to watch the chest puffing.

Comment

Because whether or not my particular child is on these rankings, doesn't make me that much less interested. I perused it, see some names...chuckle at some.

But, mostly, I'm here to watch the chest puffing.
                  true that. get a pin before they float away. actually, let em go. hot air balloons watch out.

Comment

TS in One Conversation .
                    B: My club is better than your club
                    P Hah, our league is better than your league

B:Who cares? its about the end game, my kid's commitment is better than your kids
                    P: Uh-uh we were in it for Strong Academics all along

B: Sure, that's why you travelled every other weekend - to get in on grades?
                    P: Pompous Azz, to see the field at this D3 school, she must have played at highest level

B: Lies! You found nothing behind Door D1.
                    P: Fool, D1 locked the door and owns your kid. Mine is going to Machu Pichu next fall

B: She's Free, as in free to leave that crappy team
                    P: Free to get 10 job offers at graduation, where will your D be coaching?

... and it continues

Comment

I just noticed on TD Soccer that the same player was listed twice. Once on the first page and then again on about page 4. Also, a player currently training for FC Barcelona on page 4.
                      This should tell you how inaccurate and how it relies solely on what the parent puts in.
                      I would tend o think that an FCB player might be slightly better than 300 other players in the US. Stupid!

Comment

I just noticed on TD Soccer that the same player was listed twice. Once on the first page and then again on about page 4. Also, a player currently training for FC Barcelona on page 4.
                        This should tell you how inaccurate and how it relies solely on what the parent puts in.
                        I would tend o think that an FCB player might be slightly better than 300 other players in the US. Stupid!
                        what do you mean by page? do you mean ranking? is USNT above FCB? most of the top rankings are not stories added by parents. they are TDS articles, US Soccer, US Youth Soccer, US Soccer wire and TD authors and the like or reprints by them about articles that discuss the player. the parent added articles about local first team accolades are usually after those. doubt a kid that has Boston Globe first team hs accolades are bouncing out an FC Barcelona kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          what do you mean by page? do you mean ranking? is USNT above FCB? most of the top rankings are not stories added by parents. they are TDS articles, US Soccer, US Youth Soccer, US Soccer wire and TD authors and the like or reprints by them about articles that discuss the player. the parent added articles about local first team accolades are usually after those. doubt a kid that has Boston Globe first team hs accolades are bouncing out an FC Barcelona kid.
                          Most of the stories are added by parents. TD does not add every story where a kid is mentioned. Parents do that.

Comment

There’s a Revs kid listed twice on the same page, with two different rankings. Lol

Comment

Not true.
                              Almost all are added by parents. Take a look at 2003 age group. FCB kid is listed in the 300’s. I would tend to think something is wrong with the rankings if a kid that can play there is not listed #1 or #2. And how does a kid get listed multiple times at totally different rankings? It’s because the parents populated one of the listings and not the other.

Comment

Not true.
                                Almost all are added by parents. Take a look at 2003 age group. FCB kid is listed in the 300’s. I would tend to think something is wrong with the rankings if a kid that can play there is not listed #1 or #2. And how does a kid get listed multiple times at totally different rankings? It’s because the parents populated one of the listings and not the other.
                                If there are two listings he or more likely his parents entered him twice, probably at a young age and forgot the passport. Thereafter he got ID'd and was on lists or seen at tournaments or whatever.

Everyone does realize that TDS and Soccerwire for that matter are pretty low budget affairs, right? This isn't ESPN. They can only do so much.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X