Rochelle Out at Thusc?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Principles are a funny thing. I’m not her or affiliated with them but I’ve watched as thusc gets pillaged by “crossfire United” to being no better than a select level club. I very much wonder how much thusc players fund CU ventures of trying to make people believe they are better than they actually are.

Even if they made thusc kids pay for cu kits then that’s shady.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Principles are a funny thing. I’m not her or affiliated with them but I’ve watched as thusc gets pillaged by “crossfire United” to being no better than a select level club. I very much wonder how much thusc players fund CU ventures of trying to make people believe they are better than they actually are.

Even if they made thusc kids pay for cu kits then that’s shady.
      I don't think anyone paid for the cu kits, they just may have used a vendor they didn't want to use.

Comment

Lets start with her own club president and board took most of her power away to support their kids ECNL coach. It was more important that their kids stay in good standing with at their ECNL team then it was for the hundreds of kids that play at THUSC.
        Well it worked because their children continue to get serious preferential treatment in ECNL.

Comment

Well it worked because their children continue to get serious preferential treatment in ECNL.
          US Club's league called the ecnl, is now having their staff admin fly across the country to give member clubs players preferential treatment?

Love to know more about this league (ecnl) and what their doing these days.

Or did you mean to say THUSC registered teams that use the brand name XF United get preferential treatment within the THUSC club. The get Charged thousands in Travel for giggles.

I would call that punitive treatment.

Comment

How about this? Rochelle is a bad coach and a worse communicator. THUSC isn’t producing that many ECNL players annnd ... therein lies the problem.

Comment

How about this? Rochelle is a bad coach and a worse communicator. THUSC isn’t producing that many ECNL players annnd ... therein lies the problem.
              THUSC and all the clubs produce the same players they always have. Therein lies the reality of this stupid discussion.

Renaming them or electing to play in an alternative travel league doesn't change what they already are, coping with this is difficult.

Comment

Lol. Thusc was the reason to get into Ecnl then you changed the name like all these timbers muppets to sound cool.

Producing Ecnl players? That’s funny. Ecnl players are no better than anyone else. And everyone knows cu Director cold calls people from other clubs to get players.

Comment

Lol. Thusc was the reason to get into Ecnl then you changed the name like all these timbers muppets to sound cool.

Producing Ecnl players? That’s funny. Ecnl players are no better than anyone else. And everyone knows cu Director cold calls people from other clubs to get players.
                  CU is an effort to have clubs actually work together to consolidate talent and be competitive out of state. Tom was a road block, only wanted to select THUSC players at CU to promote “his” club and wouldn’t work with any other clubs/DOCs. Rochelle was no different, no vision for something bigger than a single club. Sick of these local clubs just fighting between themselves with no vision for change or to work together to improve OR soccer. The selfish egos of OR DOCs is getting in the way of real progress.

Comment

CU is an effort to have clubs actually work together to consolidate talent and be competitive out of state. Tom was a road block, only wanted to select THUSC players at CU to promote “his” club and wouldn’t work with any other clubs/DOCs. Rochelle was no different, no vision for something bigger than a single club. Sick of these local clubs just fighting between themselves with no vision for change or to work together to improve OR soccer. The selfish egos of OR DOCs is getting in the way of real progress.
                    I call BS. Thusc and their was the only reason they were successful. Tom was maybe the single biggest reason they ended up in Ecnl. It wasn’t because of lake Oswego or south side or clackamas or whoever these lower end clubs were.

IF you truly mean what you said you should look at the selfish egos at CU.

Comment

Then why didn’t cu send players to the thorns to consolidate talent at nearly 1/4 of the costs?

Why don’t they work together

Comment

I liked when you had everyone in state and everyone competed against each other.

It was better for Oregon soccer.

Comment

I call BS. Thusc and their was the only reason they were successful. Tom was maybe the single biggest reason they ended up in Ecnl. It wasn’t because of lake Oswego or south side or clackamas or whoever these lower end clubs were.

Agree, Tom was the driving force to get into ECNL, unfortunately his ego was such that it had to be all about THUSC. You can’t build a nationally competitive program from only one club! I did not exclude CU from my ego statement but at least they understand the program must draw from more than one club to be successful.

Comment

Then why didn’t cu send players to the thorns to consolidate talent at nearly 1/4 of the costs?

Why don’t they work together
                            Because the entire GDA program was perceived to be out of spite for ECNL. It was merely another political move, not a genuine effort to provide a truly differentiated product. IMHO.

Comment

Because the entire GDA program was perceived to be out of spite for ECNL. It was merely another political move, not a genuine effort to provide a truly differentiated product. IMHO.
                              The DA was born in 2007. So your fairy tale has no relevance, but you knew that, as self absorbed as you are.

Last yeat despite THUSC/CU efforts to stop the exodus to the DA level, their best 05 & 06 girls went to Thorns DA.

THUSC players want to elevate to Thorns DA and when they are ready they leave.

This club is proud when their best graduate. Like all the local cubs.

Comment

That may have been true then, but it's not true anymore. Look at the rosters and where the CU players come from. They are from all over and that's the consolidated model the poster was talking about. It has to be this way to get enough talent. That doesn't mean that THUSC still can't be a great club, but that DOC has to be onboard.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X