Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes and the facility is remote within the general Casa Grande area which is good for the kids since none are allowed to drive - no outside interference, no temptations, no girlfriend complications, no local high school kid bad influences, drugs/alcohol etc - they just focus on school and soccer. Then every single one - 100% of them - go on to college with at least some type of financial aid or scholarship, or sometimes pro.
    My son has a buddy who is a 99 who played in Clearwater for the flames and is out there. He was very good but I heard playing time is very competitive and not easy to get always. Guess way it should be.

Comment

http://www.barcaacademy.com/academy/

Just had tryouts this weekend

Comment

Not only this kid playing for a better academy team than the one in his home town, but there is another local kid (Sar/Bradenton area where IMG is located) that is on the Top Drawer Top 150 list who is not even in the academy system because IMG is too greedy to integrate him (his parents are also poor) and Clearwater is too stupid to even look at him in a tryout. This tells you everything you need to know about Tampa Bay area DA - and why they are bottom table - year after year, its pathetic.
        Absolutely not true about your dig at Clearwater. Just have the player email RC or NB and they will take a look at him to see if he is good enough to be invited to a tryout. If he gets invited and he is better than what they have or other players coming in next year, they will offer him a spot, regardless of his financial situation. Also, not at the bottom of the table for any of the Clearwater Charger DA teams, more like they are mostly at the top of the table. Being on the top 150 IMG list actually means nothing, if you know how to work the system, anybody can get on that list. I know several very good DA players that are not even on the list that are much better than the kids that are on the list. What age year is your supposedly top player?

Comment

Absolutely not true about your dig at Clearwater. Just have the player email RC or NB and they will take a look at him to see if he is good enough to be invited to a tryout. If he gets invited and he is better than what they have or other players coming in next year, they will offer him a spot, regardless of his financial situation. Also, not at the bottom of the table for any of the Clearwater Charger DA teams, more like they are mostly at the top of the table. Being on the top 150 IMG list actually means nothing, if you know how to work the system, anybody can get on that list. I know several very good DA players that are not even on the list that are much better than the kids that are on the list. What age year is your supposedly top player?
          Kid in question is a 99 that currently plays in the Sar/Brad area. He was added to the list based on long established track record of being the driver for a nationally top ranked club team and high school all-american candidate. Everyone in the area knows about him and somehow CLW did not know about him? More likely CLW dont want to bring outside kids in to step in front of players who have been long term loyal paying customers - upsets the parents = political. My understanding is CLW were well aware of him as they should be aware of all the area's top players.

Comment

Kid in question is a 99 that currently plays in the Sar/Brad area. He was added to the list based on long established track record of being the driver for a nationally top ranked club team and high school all-american candidate. Everyone in the area knows about him and somehow CLW did not know about him? More likely CLW dont want to bring outside kids in to step in front of players who have been long term loyal paying customers - upsets the parents = political. My understanding is CLW were well aware of him as they should be aware of all the area's top players.
            Yes. Kid plays for flames 99. Good kid . Had a mls academy tryout or 2 but no luck but definitely should be on Clearwater

Comment

My son has a buddy who is a 99 who played in Clearwater for the flames and is out there. He was very good but I heard playing time is very competitive and not easy to get always. Guess way it should be.
              IMG U18 DA best player from last year is on Barca U19 DA squad this year, also a former OCYS U16 DA starter

Comment

Yes and the facility is remote within the general Casa Grande area which is good for the kids since none are allowed to drive - no outside interference, no temptations, no girlfriend complications, no local high school kid bad influences, drugs/alcohol etc - they just focus on school and soccer. Then every single one - 100% of them - go on to college with at least some type of financial aid or scholarship, or sometimes pro.
                Seems interesting enough to look into it further.

Comment

There is absolutely no kid on the IMG 150 that is a 99 that fits your description. The Chargers want to win at that age period. They would take the player right now if it meant they could win some more games and get into the playoffs. My guess is that you know this kid, you have a soft spot for him, if he even exists, and that he not as good as you think.

Comment

There is absolutely no kid on the IMG 150 that is a 99 that fits your description. The Chargers want to win at that age period. They would take the player right now if it meant they could win some more games and get into the playoffs. My guess is that you know this kid, you have a soft spot for him, if he even exists, and that he not as good as you think.
                    First of all everyone who really knows soccer knows the top 150 is a complete joke. Look at Florida regional players, it is comical for a few. And yes, my son is on it but many many others shouldn’t be and plenty left off.

Comment

First of all everyone who really knows soccer knows the top 150 is a complete joke. Look at Florida regional players, it is comical for a few. And yes, my son is on it but many many others shouldn’t be and plenty left off.
                      I think you know exactly who i am talking about, and you realized that he was IMG 150 this Fall but dropped out for the recent update, still on the regional list (in top 20), which is why you diss the regional listing and most likely falsely claim your kid is on it in some attempt at credibility. By the way he was one of only a few non DA players on the IMG 150 list this Fall, and he was ID'd based on established track record with his nationally ranked club, capped off by a 5 goal performance in the Disney final last year. Meanwhile, CLW DA players who also played high school couldnt even break the all-area HS list which means they are not even in the top 150 or so players in their own area.

Whether national ranking is number 160 or 140 is irrelevant... the fact that this kid is not at CLW or IMG DA speaks volumes of both programs especially since the vast majority of players that are on the CLW and IMG DA rosters are nowhere close to being identified at this level - i believe IMG has one, CLW has one presently, this fall I believe it was IMG 1 and CLW 0 (the second area kid on the list was the high school player subject of this topic).

BTW, CLW would be near the bottom table this year as is customary for them had they not played 3 of the worst DA teams in the winter showcase with a combined 3 wins the entire first half of the season. Someone at CLW has some good connections I'll give 'em that. And they will end up bottom table this year like always --- wait and see. Cant rig the SE conference schedule like they can rig the showcase!

Comment

I think you know exactly who i am talking about, and you realized that he was IMG 150 this Fall but dropped out for the recent update, still on the regional list (in top 20), which is why you diss the regional listing and most likely falsely claim your kid is on it in some attempt at credibility. By the way he was one of only a few non DA players on the IMG 150 list this Fall, and he was ID'd based on established track record with his nationally ranked club, capped off by a 5 goal performance in the Disney final last year. Meanwhile, CLW DA players who also played high school couldnt even break the all-area HS list which means they are not even in the top 150 or so players in their own area.

Whether national ranking is number 160 or 140 is irrelevant... the fact that this kid is not at CLW or IMG DA speaks volumes of both programs especially since the vast majority of players that are on the CLW and IMG DA rosters are nowhere close to being identified at this level - i believe IMG has one, CLW has one presently, this fall I believe it was IMG 1 and CLW 0 (the second area kid on the list was the high school player subject of this topic).

BTW, CLW would be near the bottom table this year as is customary for them had they not played 3 of the worst DA teams in the winter showcase with a combined 3 wins the entire first half of the season. Someone at CLW has some good connections I'll give 'em that. And they will end up bottom table this year like always --- wait and see. Cant rig the SE conference schedule like they can rig the showcase!
                        Evidently making CLW DA team is very political, and IMG DA team is very financial.

Comment

Its the same people who were running the Real Salt Lake Academy for the past several years - except the RSL coaches who all went to Utah. They have one of the La Masia coaches on staff there directing the other new coaches brought in. They know what they are doing, have been doing it a long time, and unlike IMG with several thousand students this place has only a couple hundred.

It is very competitive to get in (unlike IMG who takes anyone). Last year more than 350 kids tried out for the U19 team, they took about 20. It is not uncommon to try out more than once. One kid that I know tried out, didnt make it, tried out again, made the pre-academy team, tried out a third time finally making it on the academy team.
                          Signed up. Cost for a 3 day stay/tryout was cheap. Plane tix biggest cost.

Comment

http://www.barcaacademy.com/academy/

Just had tryouts this weekend
                            What is the annual out of pocket for Barca?

Comment

What is the annual out of pocket for Barca?
                              Around 50k. Top players are full rides with partial money for some others also we were told. Also, more money for great students as well as financial reasons.

Comment

Around 50k. Top players are full rides with partial money for some others also we were told. Also, more money for great students as well as financial reasons.
                                Holy pay to play! I would love to know if they turn away anyone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X