• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What heck is the answer

This might be the dumbest question

Random Question
    fill in blank > usm

What is the answer?

I have no idea. I keep hitting the preview button until I get "In the USA we call football".

I actually opened up the developer mode on the browser, to see if the form might have contained some garbled HTML. No such luck.

Captcha fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Random Question
      fill in blank > usm

What is the answer?
      I tried "USW", thinking that "usm" meant "US Men" (the national team). Didn't work.

Comment

uswnt

Comment

It works!

Comment

It works!
            You would think that if the answer is "uswnt", the clue should say "usmnt" to match

Comment

You would think that if the answer is "uswnt", the clue should say "usmnt" to match
              Agreed.

Comment

Agreed.

Men’s team needs an ECNL type system not tied to US Soccer. That would help; the further you can keep US Soccer away the better.

Comment

Men’s team needs an ECNL type system not tied to US Soccer. That would help; the further you can keep US Soccer away the better.
                  Soccer for the rich, what about the kids that can’t afford ECNL?

Comment

Soccer for the rich, what about the kids that can’t afford ECNL?
                    There's the DA, and there's USYS.

Boys have plenty of other options. While BECNL is a thing, and has some good clubs in it, DA is still the top youth league/platform for boys. Probably the biggest "threat" to the DA is that the possibility that MLS and/or USL will form their own league for their academy teams, independent of any direct oversight by US Soccer. But that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing--when DA started, few MLS teams had respectable academies, and now most do. DA may have served its purpose, and it's now time for the professional teams to take over the development of elite players, and let the non-profit youth clubs return to serving their communities. (US Soccer might still run academies in talent-rich areas without a pro club nearby, such as South Texas).

Comment

There's the DA, and there's USYS.

Boys have plenty of other options. While BECNL is a thing, and has some good clubs in it, DA is still the top youth league/platform for boys. Probably the biggest "threat" to the DA is that the possibility that MLS and/or USL will form their own league for their academy teams, independent of any direct oversight by US Soccer. But that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing--when DA started, few MLS teams had respectable academies, and now most do. DA may have served its purpose, and it's now time for the professional teams to take over the development of elite players, and let the non-profit youth clubs return to serving their communities. (US Soccer might still run academies in talent-rich areas without a pro club nearby, such as South Texas).
                      Would be awesome

Comment

Random Question
                        fill in blank > usm

What is the answer?
                        Cheeto > usm

Usm = unfermented syrup mucus

It’s a line from an old Hitchcock film that my father had on VHS. I can’t remember the name. Cheeto was the two legged dog.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X