Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We haven't experienced this, but an email with a roster would be appreciated.
    This seems more rare. I saw it this year, but never did before and never with another club either. Even the e-mail distros are hidden.

Comment

This seems more rare. I saw it this year, but never did before and never with another club either. Even the e-mail distros are hidden.
      and two more people backing the OP and me the "douche" (spelled correctly for ya!) not dooshe.

Comment

and two more people backing the OP and me the "douche" (spelled correctly for ya!) not dooshe.
        I am aware how to spell douche, doosh. I happen to like to spell it that way. Old habits and all...

What your simple mind failed to grasp is you used one of my own posts as some type of evidence in the Latest Greatest Internet War on Being Correct.

All I said is that I haven’t experienced any issues and when I do, I’ll believe it. And I’ll add no other parents have said they have had any concerns to me, but I won’t speak on anyone else’s behalf.

You apparently have a hair across your azz about that. That’s for you to sort out internally.

Comment

I am aware how to spell douche, doosh. I happen to like to spell it that way. Old habits and all...

What your simple mind failed to grasp is you used one of my own posts as some type of evidence in the Latest Greatest Internet War on Being Correct.

All I said is that I haven’t experienced any issues and when I do, I’ll believe it. And I’ll add no other parents have said they have had any concerns to me, but I won’t speak on anyone else’s behalf.

You apparently have a hair across your azz about that. That’s for you to sort out internally.
          OP here. I have found answers through other parents now. However to clarify, in the past with another club, at this point in the summer we would have received a start date for preseason, information on our Labor Day tournament, and possibly fall training info. At the least, we would have heard from our coach at least once. No, I did not iron this out in June as I didn't realize basic communication is an anomaly and something I would need to get in writing from Seacoast. Now I know. They simply don't communicate.

Like others have said the contact information on the website is outdated and incorrect. I finally found our coach's email listed on one of the satellite pages. Zero mention of him at all at the location we will be at.

I guess lack of communication and website scavenger hunts are acceptable to some. They aren't for me but I'll keep an open mind until the season really gets underway.

Comment

OP here. I have found answers through other parents now. However to clarify, in the past with another club, at this point in the summer we would have received a start date for preseason, information on our Labor Day tournament, and possibly fall training info. At the least, we would have heard from our coach at least once. No, I did not iron this out in June as I didn't realize basic communication is an anomaly and something I would need to get in writing from Seacoast. Now I know. They simply don't communicate.

Like others have said the contact information on the website is outdated and incorrect. I finally found our coach's email listed on one of the satellite pages. Zero mention of him at all at the location we will be at.

I guess lack of communication and website scavenger hunts are acceptable to some. They aren't for me but I'll keep an open mind until the season really gets underway.
            Each club comes with it's own set of warts, and so does each coach. That's my experience. FWIW my D was at Seacoast last year and there were no communication problems, but since it is often the coach that does the communication each coach is different. One other thing that might be a factor here in the lack of communication is if the coach is new to SU, but also, since SU just added Girls DA, I know that the teams and schedules weren't ready as early as they normally are because of DA. DA caused a lot of shuffling around of players, teams and coaches. There is also a possibility that your coach is a horrible communicator though. LOL

Comment

I talked to two other parents yesterday who have done SUSC and they said the same thing. The communication is poor to the parents, the website layout is not user friendly, and the contact information, rosters, schedule, and pricing all seem (their words - not mine) "to be hidden". Here is his experience form this spring: their daughter along with two others missed a game this spring because the coach did not communicate the time change to all of the parents or players. They showed up at 12:00 in MA for a game and the game started at 10:00. The father was furious with SUSC and the club said it was their fault for not checking with the coach. Meanwhile - a week earlier they were told that they need to check the GOTSoccer site because all of the schedule info there is accurate. The night before the game, the GOTSoccer site still had the game at 12:00. This parent along with one of the other families in the story are both going to another club next year.

So there are some issues with the SUSC communication tree and yes - their website and info is difficult to navigate.

Comment

While ultimately, since the buck stops at the SUSC corporate level, they hold ultimate responsibility for anything with their name on it.

I would be curious where these issues are coming from? Satellite clubs, girls, boys, NEP, NPL, DA, what age(s)?

For example, we were with another club previously, that has a NH presence but headquartered out of MA, and they operate totally differently. MA club would get a weekly report on the game, players were to fill out details, and they would review it every week. NH club, when asked for a end of season review (after it was mentioned to reach out to them if you wanted it), Coach shows up and says "what do you want to know?" Totally different perspectives, same club in the end.

The example posted above should never be tolerated. Game times change, and at times I would catch it before the coach did, but it was always communicated out to everyone. To say check with him, or check GotSoccer, is way messed up. I've never seen that from any club.

Comment

Checking if the OP has had contact yet?

We have our full training schedule sent out, wondered if other's concerns have been eased yet.

Comment

Checking if the OP has had contact yet?

We have our full training schedule sent out, wondered if other's concerns have been eased yet.
                    Not the OP but haven’t heard a word. Do they do Tracy ning or camps
                    For HS age in the fall or is it only Spring?

Comment

Not the OP but haven’t heard a word. Do they do Tracy ning or camps
                      For HS age in the fall or is it only Spring?
                      Sorry *training

Comment

Sorry *training
                        It may only be Spring...or at least later in the Fall once the season starts. I don't think there is any activity now until HS is winding down.

I'm sure if I'm incorrect, someone won't hesitate to let me know.

Comment

It may only be Spring...or at least later in the Fall once the season starts. I don't think there is any activity now until HS is winding down.

I'm sure if I'm incorrect, someone won't hesitate to let me know.
                          This is the first year of HS for our D so I wasn’t sure. Thanks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X