• Show
Clear All

Long Island SC GDa

Looks like website is finally up and running. Not a ton of detail yet

http://longislandsc.com/contact/

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like website is finally up and running. Not a ton of detail yet

http://longislandsc.com/contact/
    Isn't that address LIJ Soccer Park? I know POB also has fields around there.

I'm not 100% sold on this but that is the Nassau / Suffolk border area so looks like PR and this org will be very close. Can't see 2 nationally competitive clubs so close. Going to be interesting.

Comment

Isn't that address LIJ Soccer Park? I know POB also has fields around there.

I'm not 100% sold on this but that is the Nassau / Suffolk border area so looks like PR and this org will be very close. Can't see 2 nationally competitive clubs so close. Going to be interesting.
      Long Island SC will play in Nassau and Fury will play out in Suffolk. I am hearing out in Suffolk too, based on their agreement with USSDA. Question is will the Albertson girls travel to Smithtown or SB for trainings three days a week? We will see soon.

Comment

Obviously you are not in know about the practices

Comment

Wonder the costs of GDA will be vs ECNL. GDA promised to be cheaper an rollout announcement. Not sure that will happen. Also curious of the costs of LISC vs Fury. Obviously not much info yet to share, but this could be a competitive issue at some point.

Comment

I thought Fury was going to practice at St. Joseph's in Patchogue or possibly Brentwood. Is that accurate? or are there other locations they might use?

Comment

I thought Fury was going to practice at St. Joseph's in Patchogue or possibly Brentwood. Is that accurate? or are there other locations they might use?
              Love how Larry is blasting the two GDA clubs on LI. He talks as if he knows what is going on. The hysterical thing is, the more he says the more he shows how out of touch with accurate information he really is. He is so frustrated by the lack of attention Surf is getting and to a lesser degree SUSA. Everything he has said about ECNL or GDA for the last year has been all fake news. Not surprising though, except to maybe about 2% of the soccer parents. It is fun to watch him fly off the handle.

Comment

Love how Larry is blasting the two GDA clubs on LI. He talks as if he knows what is going on. The hysterical thing is, the more he says the more he shows how out of touch with accurate information he really is. He is so frustrated by the lack of attention Surf is getting and to a lesser degree SUSA. Everything he has said about ECNL or GDA for the last year has been all fake news. Not surprising though, except to maybe about 2% of the soccer parents. It is fun to watch him fly off the handle.
                Yes, very funny. Now he is bashing them them because they won't be free. Hysterical. There will be very few free GDA clubs. Hey Larry, guess what even SD Surf is not free and even if your beloved NY Surf got GDA (which they never were) they wouldn't be free either.

Comment

Yes, very funny. Now he is bashing them them because they won't be free. Hysterical. There will be very few free GDA clubs. Hey Larry, guess what even SD Surf is not free and even if your beloved NY Surf got GDA (which they never were) they wouldn't be free either.
                  I asked that very question and he censored it. Specifically I asked if that was Surf's intention how would they subsidize it? They have so few teams that they could not pay for that from existing teams.

Of course we know the answer is NY surf was always going to charge but he won't ever allow the question.

Larry is the biggest fraudster NY soccer has ever seen and everyone knows it.

Comment

I asked that very question and he censored it. Specifically I asked if that was Surf's intention how would they subsidize it? They have so few teams that they could not pay for that from existing teams.

Of course we know the answer is NY surf was always going to charge but he won't ever allow the question.

Larry is the biggest fraudster NY soccer has ever seen and everyone knows it.
                    Fraudster is actually a compliment for him. Very few people respect or believe what he says. Fraudster implies some influence. He obviously has none.

Comment

He really has no influence. My kids play for a club that refuses to give him money, or even acknowledge him as a soccer influence. They have decided to maintain a sense of integrity. I have watched this club grow exponentially over the years. They do not lose players often either. And this is while Larry has bashed this club over and over again.

Comment

He really has no influence. My kids play for a club that refuses to give him money, or even acknowledge him as a soccer influence. They have decided to maintain a sense of integrity. I have watched this club grow exponentially over the years. They do not lose players often either. And this is while Larry has bashed this club over and over again.
                        Why is LM refusing to post anything about the fact that East Meadow sent out an email today to everyone advertising the trials for the LI Soccer DA? It was a major mistake on their part as they committed to ECNL, and now it is very clear that they are involved still in the GDA with LI Soccer Club. ECNL has made it very clear you can not do both

Comment

Why is LM refusing to post anything about the fact that East Meadow sent out an email today to everyone advertising the trials for the LI Soccer DA? It was a major mistake on their part as they committed to ECNL, and now it is very clear that they are involved still in the GDA with LI Soccer Club. ECNL has made it very clear you can not do both
                          A few clubs can and will be doing both. But it's very few and it's questionable how well it will work out. A club would need a substantial pool of resources in terms of fields, coaches and especially players to be able to effectively do both. I don't think that will be the case on LI.

Comment

Another big club in TX has decided to drop out of GDA. Their release is a good read

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/d...lease_ECNL.pdf

Comment

EM is doing the same thing Alby is doing with Fury FC and what WC did by giving theirs to NYCFC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X