Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Kids in their DA program have to pay in January. So much for the free ride!

There might be no ride. Reports coming out that Cosmos informed NASL that they will cease operations. On NYFC forums and Twitter. Some are denying the recent info.

Comment

There might be no ride. Reports coming out that Cosmos informed NASL that they will cease operations. On NYFC forums and Twitter. Some are denying the recent info.
      That would leave a lot of kids hanging midseason

Comment

I've been saying for a year. The Cosmos business model doesn't work. It was based on becoming a MLS franchise and that isn't going to happen since NYCFC was formed.

Comment

I've been saying for a year. The Cosmos business model doesn't work. It was based on becoming a MLS franchise and that isn't going to happen since NYCFC was formed.
          http://www.empireofsoccer.com/the-en...ntracts-56098/

Comment

And that's definitely the end because you can't terminate contracts and expect to stay in business. They would be sued out of existence immediately.

Comment

And that's definitely the end because you can't terminate contracts and expect to stay in business. They would be sued out of existence immediately.
              It's the end. If Cosmos come back it will be as a new entity and with new players

Comment

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/insult...s-flail-56206/

Comment

Cosmos trying to unload their academy teams before they legally cannot. I bet a certain someone presents it to a certain club as his idea!

Anyway they are keeping their parents in the dark as to the future of the program. DA license is not transferable so it's essentially a useless asset.

Comment

Cosmos trying to unload their academy teams before they legally cannot. I bet a certain someone presents it to a certain club as his idea!

Anyway they are keeping their parents in the dark as to the future of the program. DA license is not transferable so it's essentially a useless asset.
                    I feel bad for the kids caught up in this. It would be difficult to find a spot on a decent team at this point in the year. Then there's the likely unexpected cost to play if the Cosmos manage to keep it running through the spring. If USSF gave a sh** they'd step in and help the kids out - it would be a blip in their budget and would should a good faith effort. But they won't.

Comment

The badge can be transferred via merger if USSF certifies the acquiring club.

Comment

The badge can be transferred via merger if USSF certifies the acquiring club.
                        What club on the island could step in? Could be Riley. That wouldn't surprise me. Also, what about NYCFC expanding? Probably long shot.

Comment

What club on the island could step in? Could be Riley. That wouldn't surprise me. Also, what about NYCFC expanding? Probably long shot.
                          NYCFC has the badge. They don't need to expand to island. It would have to be a non DAP club

Comment

What about the Rough Riders?

Comment

I would have said East Meadow but they just got boys ECNL. SUSA might go for it.

Comment

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes

Looks like there may be life with the Cosmos after all....

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2017...rocco-commisso

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X