Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It has already happened in the U18 group where Heartland SC, with ZERO participation in State Cup, Commissioner's Cup, or President's Cup is in FSPL.
    Had to be a team that transferred and was allowed to keep its status. How else to explain?

Comment

And I'm guessing no comment from FSPL Administration or Dale the Douche about how he intends to have a "league" with five teams. Hopefully its not too late to try to apply for another league!
      And still no explanation as to why FSPL games where scheduled for Labor Day weekend shafting players trying to get in front of college coaches at the Disney Showcase. Seems like they went out of their way to hurt these kids. Pitiful...

Comment

Had to be a team that transferred and was allowed to keep its status. How else to explain?
        They are from Sebring, do you see any team from that area in Round 2 or higher of State Cup?

Comment

It has already happened in the U18 group where Heartland SC, with ZERO participation in State Cup, Commissioner's Cup, or President's Cup is in FSPL.
          I really hope we get a chance to play your team. Then you will senwho we are.

Comment

Numbers

And still no explanation as to why FSPL games where scheduled for Labor Day weekend shafting players trying to get in front of college coaches at the Disney Showcase. Seems like they went out of their way to hurt these kids. Pitiful...
            Are you trying to get picked up for a soccer scholarship? You are way better off going for it academically. Disney is NOT the only showcase. If, big if, your player is good enough to play in college they need to find a way to get noticed. Don't blame FYSA, to easy to do that.

Comment

I really hope we get a chance to play your team. Then you will senwho we are.
              Pffttt..... last year at this time an ACYS u16 dad wanted to kick my ***** for the same reason. Go look at where they finished and what their GotSoccer ranking is.

Comment

Pffttt..... last year at this time an ACYS u16 dad wanted to kick my ***** for the same reason. Go look at where they finished and what their GotSoccer ranking is.
                Here, let me do your homework for you:

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...teamid=1056883

Ranked 50th in the state at U16.

His son's team applied to play U18 last year. He said his son's team was going to kick my son's team butt at U18. They couldn't even hold their own at U16.

Don't think you can just become an elite team because you think you can, it is a process and development from playing the BEST competition you can.

No track record? No chance.

Comment

If the teams accepted that are posted are teams that qualified, then it's clear the leagues will be rounded out with teams that did not make the round of 16 or even played in the State Cup at all. For the U15 Girls, that means 11 teams will be scab teams - ouch!

Don't expect our team to show any mercy on these scabbies.

Comment

I know of several State Cup Round of 16 teams in U16-18 not listed on that list who plan to play FSPL, so that must not be the full list.

Comment

I know of several State Cup Round of 16 teams in U16-18 not listed on that list who plan to play FSPL, so that must not be the full list.
                      BS

Name them.

Comment

With SRPL playing in fall U14-19 some of those teams won't be participating in FSPL.

Comment

Here is how the FSPL process works:
                          -Teams APPLY by June 7th and pay the fee.
                          -FYSA sends out acceptance letter June 9th
                          -Teams have until 5:00 p.m. June 14th to withdraw without penalty
                          -FYSA posts FSPL Team list June 15th

Please explain to me how other Round of 16 Teams are going to join and why wouldn't they be on the Listed Teams? They aren't applying after the deadline nor did they get an extension to withdraw. So these "other teams" either:

A. Never applied
                          or
                          B. Applied & withdrew

If they applied and didn't withdraw they would be included on the list. There is no reason why FYSA would list some of the teams and not others.

So, the other poster was right. Unless you can name names, I think you are full of BS.

Comment

Here is how the FSPL process works:
                            -Teams APPLY by June 7th and pay the fee.
                            -FYSA sends out acceptance letter June 9th
                            -Teams have until 5:00 p.m. June 14th to withdraw without penalty
                            -FYSA posts FSPL Team list June 15th

Please explain to me how other Round of 16 Teams are going to join and why wouldn't they be on the Listed Teams? They aren't applying after the deadline nor did they get an extension to withdraw. So these "other teams" either:

A. Never applied
                            or
                            B. Applied & withdrew

If they applied and didn't withdraw they would be included on the list. There is no reason why FYSA would list some of the teams and not others.

So, the other poster was right. Unless you can name names, I think you are full of BS.
                            o.k., but assuming that is correct, what do you think happens now. You can't have a league with five teams in an age group. Will FYSA contact those teams and tell them they can withdraw? No team in its right mind would stay in this league and play five games, or ten by playing the same teams twice.

Comment

Future of FSPL

o.k., but assuming that is correct, what do you think happens now. You can't have a league with five teams in an age group. Will FYSA contact those teams and tell them they can withdraw? No team in its right mind would stay in this league and play five games, or ten by playing the same teams twice.
                              One of three things are going to happen:
                              1. FYSA will blink and reluctantly modify their play dates and rescheduling rules to get the top teams back into FSPL and make it the Premier League again.

2. FYSA will reach down the talent pool and fill the remaining spots with patsy teams and destroy FSPL for good (no top team will ever apply again).

3. FYSA kill FSPL this year and let all the teams withdraw.

I think option 2 is most likely. They probably sent out acceptance letters and are waiting for the withdrawal period before adding patsy rec teams to the team list.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
                                One of three things are going to happen:
                                1. FYSA will blink and reluctantly modify their play dates and rescheduling rules to get the top teams back into FSPL and make it the Premier League again.

2. FYSA will reach down the talent pool and fill the remaining spots with patsy teams and destroy FSPL for good (no top team will ever apply again).

3. FYSA kill FSPL this year and let all the teams withdraw.

I think option 2 is most likely. They probably sent out acceptance letters and are waiting for the withdrawal period before adding patsy rec teams to the team list.
                                For groups with 5 teams, playing each one twice is an option I think they would consider before adding patsy teams.

Option 1 is the only one that would save the league long term. Probably too late to make that happen though.

It's sad to see a league killed off by stupidity and arrogance.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X