Bets must be placed with dad coach no later than practice Thursday night

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Vegas Odds are in for the tournament this weekend

RF doesn’t show up due to flu - 1 to 2
        RF doesn’t show up due to work event - 5 to 2
        RF doesn’t show up due to graduation/senior night – 7 to 3
        RF is late to games – 1 to 3

Bets must be placed with dad coach no later than practice Thursday night
        I heard Flu has started early this year.

Comment

I have been reading this website from the sidelines for many months now. I have not chimed in until now. While many of the comments are unfortunate and totally unnecessary, there is some truth to the comments about having a “dad coach” at the ECNL level. I want to share my thoughts with you on being a “dad coach”. Most of you know who I am. I was once a “dad coach.” I coached my daughter and several of your daughters as well when they were younger and played rec soccer. When the kids are younger, it is cute to be a part of their lives as a coach of their team. Teams aren’t as competitive and there is no real pressure. Also, younger kids don’t care when one of their friends has their dad as the coach. That all changes as kids get older and rec soccer turns into hyper-competitive soccer that parents shell out 4 figure sums of money for. I consciously made the decision to not coach my children once they turned a certain age and reached a certain competitive level. I did not want to be in a position where I had to choose between being a dad and being a coach to my own daughter. I was concerned that if I stayed coaching my daughter I could be perceived as favoring her, and to avoid that perception, I might end up being too hard on her (which of course might impact my relationship with her as her dad). I decided it was a no-win situation. I selfishly didn’t want to put myself in that situation, and wanted to be able to be her dad 100% of the time, and not worry about having to separate being a dad and being a coach. But more importantly, I never wanted to put my daughter in that situation. I wanted her to be able to succeed or fail in soccer on her own. I didn’t want her to have to deal with the perception (Whether it was real or not) that she was receiving favorable treatment because I was her coach. Anyone with girls, knows teenage girls can be mean, and the last thing I wanted to do was put her in a situation where her teammates were viewing her with jealousy or thinking she was being treated differently because her dad was the coach. I also felt it was important for her to learn how to take direction from others, and not always have her dad around. After all, some day she will have a job (I hope), and I won’t be her boss, or be with her at work to make sure everything is ok between her and her boss. Just like it should be on the pitch, she would need to learn to succeed or fail or her own, because in real life, I won’t always be there for her. So my decision to step back was also an important life lesson for her too.
          The current “Dad coach” is wonderful guy. His commitment to his children and his community should be celebrated. But I do think it is a fair question to ask why he continues to coach his daughter’s team at this age and this level of competitiveness. I also think it is a fair question to ask whether his continued participation as an assistant coach, and even as a manager, does more harm to his own daughter and the team as a whole, than any good he may be doing.

Just my two cents.

Comment

I have been reading this website from the sidelines for many months now. I have not chimed in until now. While many of the comments are unfortunate and totally unnecessary, there is some truth to the comments about having a “dad coach” at the ECNL level. I want to share my thoughts with you on being a “dad coach”. Most of you know who I am. I was once a “dad coach.” I coached my daughter and several of your daughters as well when they were younger and played rec soccer. When the kids are younger, it is cute to be a part of their lives as a coach of their team. Teams aren’t as competitive and there is no real pressure. Also, younger kids don’t care when one of their friends has their dad as the coach. That all changes as kids get older and rec soccer turns into hyper-competitive soccer that parents shell out 4 figure sums of money for. I consciously made the decision to not coach my children once they turned a certain age and reached a certain competitive level. I did not want to be in a position where I had to choose between being a dad and being a coach to my own daughter. I was concerned that if I stayed coaching my daughter I could be perceived as favoring her, and to avoid that perception, I might end up being too hard on her (which of course might impact my relationship with her as her dad). I decided it was a no-win situation. I selfishly didn’t want to put myself in that situation, and wanted to be able to be her dad 100% of the time, and not worry about having to separate being a dad and being a coach. But more importantly, I never wanted to put my daughter in that situation. I wanted her to be able to succeed or fail in soccer on her own. I didn’t want her to have to deal with the perception (Whether it was real or not) that she was receiving favorable treatment because I was her coach. Anyone with girls, knows teenage girls can be mean, and the last thing I wanted to do was put her in a situation where her teammates were viewing her with jealousy or thinking she was being treated differently because her dad was the coach. I also felt it was important for her to learn how to take direction from others, and not always have her dad around. After all, some day she will have a job (I hope), and I won’t be her boss, or be with her at work to make sure everything is ok between her and her boss. Just like it should be on the pitch, she would need to learn to succeed or fail or her own, because in real life, I won’t always be there for her. So my decision to step back was also an important life lesson for her too.
            The current “Dad coach” is wonderful guy. His commitment to his children and his community should be celebrated. But I do think it is a fair question to ask why he continues to coach his daughter’s team at this age and this level of competitiveness. I also think it is a fair question to ask whether his continued participation as an assistant coach, and even as a manager, does more harm to his own daughter and the team as a whole, than any good he may be doing.

Just my two cents.

Boy are you creepy! You actually typed all that? On a funny soccer forum site? If I was this “Dad coach” I would look into your post as this is not normal.

Comment

Boy are you creepy! You actually typed all that? On a funny soccer forum site? If I was this “Dad coach” I would look into your post as this is not normal.
              Listen, we get that you are one of the dons (or donnas) in that FC Bucks 2006 mafia. It is not surprising that you do not understand the conflict of interest that parent-coaches bring to expensive luxury items that are supposed to be competitive ..... I can not wait until the tables get turned on you when a new coach comes in and bases the new roster on pure talent and has no conflict with who his daughter is friends with or not. Then you will MF the team, the club, the new coach .... and fail to see how much your kid and many of the other kids actually gained from that relationship. Start looking for a new club now! :)

Comment

Listen, we get that you are one of the dons (or donnas) in that FC Bucks 2006 mafia. It is not surprising that you do not understand the conflict of interest that parent-coaches bring to expensive luxury items that are supposed to be competitive ..... I can not wait until the tables get turned on you when a new coach comes in and bases the new roster on pure talent and has no conflict with who his daughter is friends with or not. Then you will MF the team, the club, the new coach .... and fail to see how much your kid and many of the other kids actually gained from that relationship. Start looking for a new club now! :)
                Copy, paste, repeat. Get a life.

Comment

You are so original

Comment

Thanks Nancy, great job! You just earned little Mia a start and extra 20 minutes in our friendly against Doylestown Rec next week. Hoping we can pull off that upset! :) Is your shift almost over? Tell Betty to keep up the good work! See you at the pool party later.

Comment

Thanks Nancy, great job! You just earned little Mia a start and extra 20 minutes in our friendly against Doylestown Rec next week. Hoping we can pull off that upset! :) Is your shift almost over? Tell Betty to keep up the good work! See you at the pool party later.
                      Yes!!! I know these posts of yours are doing so much. So much change is coming because of it. Lol !!!

Keep on yelling in an empty hallway. Now who’s the naive one??

Comment

Saw this post on the ukie one as well. Seems like YOU are riding these posts more than the alleged posters you keep calling out. If you were a fish, you would have been grilled by now as you keep taking the bait. Sheep.

Comment

Yes!!! I know these posts of yours are doing so much. So much change is coming because of it. Lol !!!

Keep on yelling in an empty hallway. Now who’s the naive one??
                          Change is coming. Most likely in a proactive manner from the club. But let’s also not forget that if you know anything about RF then you know with a RF coached team - change always comes at some point as the guy has a proven history that he is unable to play by the club’s rules and he always ends up doing something to get fired or re-assigned. It’s only a matter of time.

Comment

Change is coming. Most likely in a proactive manner from the club. But let’s also not forget that if you know anything about RF then you know with a RF coached team - change always comes at some point as the guy has a proven history that he is unable to play by the club’s rules and he always ends up doing something to get fired or re-assigned. It’s only a matter of time.
                            Wake me up when that “change” happens. It’s wishful thinking on your part. Not happening.

Comment

I’ve posted on here a few times. And I urge the one parent (we do know who you are) - to stop posting. You look very foolish when you portray this blind loyalty to FF and BB. At some point soon, this will become every man for themselves. People will start calling you out. Please listen to your daughter, and stop.

Comment

I’ve posted on here a few times. And I urge the one parent (we do know who you are) - to stop posting. You look very foolish when you portray this blind loyalty to FF and BB. At some point soon, this will become every man for themselves. People will start calling you out. Please listen to your daughter, and stop.
                                I'm not associated with either of these teams. I am trying to get all of you to knock it off. So call me out, if you can.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X