Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former US international Eddie Johnson on ECNL showcase

Former US men's player Eddie Johnson was at the ECNL showcase, and was not pleased with what he saw:

I'm literally watching the u-17 girls @theECNL college showcase here in Orlando Florida and I can't believe the level of play of girls in our country at 17 years old technically and tactically it's embarrassing and disappointing to the sport. I'm literally looking at these games and I don't know how these college coaches can watch and what are they looking for when the ball is in the air 95 percent of the time. Soccer is a creative game and requires intelligent players. There's nothing intelligent in watching a player smack the the ball as hard as they can up the field when they have time and space. This is shocking. I really feel bad watching all these clubs steal these parents hard earned money and aren't developing their kids properly.

When I watch the US Men's National Team

"I cannot believe someone chose these players to represent the US. Some of them are technically skilled, but they have no creativity. They all look miserable to be there. They are boring. They are not effective. They are not fun. They get beat by teams from countries that are the size of Tacoma. It feels like punishment to watch them. Please make it stop. USSF should be ashamed of this miserable team"

Comment

Eddie Johnson is lucky if anyone knows who he is for goodness sake. He was on the USMNT for one year when they were awful. Got embarrassed in group.

He should shut his pie hole and go sell insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        When I watch the US Men's National Team

"I cannot believe someone chose these players to represent the US. Some of them are technically skilled, but they have no creativity. They all look miserable to be there. They are boring. They are not effective. They are not fun. They get beat by teams from countries that are the size of Tacoma. It feels like punishment to watch them. Please make it stop. USSF should be ashamed of this miserable team"
        This is hilarious and very true.

Comment

Uh Eddie

Eddie Johnson is lucky if anyone knows who he is for goodness sake. He was on the USMNT for one year when they were awful. Got embarrassed in group.

Hey Eddie if you want stars over your heart you have to buy a US women's national team jersey.

I think women's soccer it doing just fine in the US

Comment

Hey Eddie if you want stars over your heart you have to buy a US women's national team jersey.

I think women's soccer it doing just fine in the US
            Actually Eddie is spot on. US women’s soccer is behind the rest of the world just like the men’s side. Most of you are unable to see this because the women win most of the time. What people don’t understand is that our top athletes play soccer and dominate because of that. You are slowly starting to see countries like France begin to pass us up. As more of their better athletes start to play combined with the better quality of training you will see these other countries pass us up...that is, unless, we teach the game differently.

Here is a great short article that will touch the tip of the iceberg-

https://www.soccertoday.com/pros-and...sa-and-europe/

Comment

Actually Eddie is spot on. US women’s soccer is behind the rest of the world just like the men’s side. Most of you are unable to see this because the women win most of the time. What people don’t understand is that our top athletes play soccer and dominate because of that. You are slowly starting to see countries like France begin to pass us up. As more of their better athletes start to play combined with the better quality of training you will see these other countries pass us up...that is, unless, we teach the game differently.

Here is a great short article that will touch the tip of the iceberg-

https://www.soccertoday.com/pros-and...sa-and-europe/
              Yes, it was a shame when the USWNT lost to France in last summer's World Cup. Shut up Eddie and worry about the dumpster fire that is men's soccer in the US.

Comment

No doubt there is much truth in Eddie's observations

Comment

The men’s national team is awful.

The women’s national team is the best in the world.

Eddie who?

Comment

Former US men's player Eddie Johnson was at the ECNL showcase, and was not pleased with what he saw:
                    Not surprised. Ecnl is a joke.

Watch all these parents get on here and act like they know more then Eddie Johnson.

Comment

The men’s national team is awful.

The women’s national team is the best in the world.

Eddie who?
                      The men’s national team is a joke. Eddie Johnson is a has been athlete.

Meanwhile the US women dominate world soccer.

Get back to selling cars Eddie.

Comment

none

Well, he's not man enough to stand behind his tweet. He deleted it.

Comment

The men’s national team is a joke. Eddie Johnson is a has been athlete.

Meanwhile the US women dominate world soccer.

Get back to selling cars Eddie.
                          He's a personal coach/trainer, doesn't coach teams or is a member of NT staff. Take the opinion of a former pro player for what it is. How many former athletes are lousy coaches?

I will grant some of what he says is true, but it's not ECNL specific and applies to all of women's soccer. It isn't men's professional soccer like he played and never will be. GDA really isn't any better and won't keep us ahead of the international curve as USSF had desired. The rest of the world is catching up to us, but GDA won't keep us ahead. It's just another large watered down league that doesn't address the needs of the nation's top players.

Comment

Well, he's not man enough to stand behind his tweet. He deleted it.
                            Maybe he realized half his potential private training customers were turned off by it lol

Comment

Yes, listen to the ECNL trolls whining about EJ speaking truth.

Listen to them saying "he played for the USMNT, thus knows nothing about soccer", even though he has nothing to do with the current dumpster fire.

Even more ridiculous, look at them praising the USWNT for their recent World Cup win, as though ECNL has had anything to do with it. In reality, the USWNT agrees seems to with EJ, as they tend to avoid ECNL players. ECNL hacks will of whine that this is deliberate sabotage of a "rival" youth league (as though youth leagues are peers of the Federation's training platform), instead of what it really is--disregard for a league that focuses on college recruitment and which doesn't provide adequate training for international-level soccer. The USWNT does pick ECNL players, of course, but a whole lot of them are learning the wrong things from coaches who care more about winning and recruiting then they do about player development.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X