Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think you're putting too much emphasis on HS Ball being a draw or not. Take a look at the U14 age group. They're in 8th grade (starting today for most of them), yet LISC had to fleece 3 clubs to field a team and FURY had to strong arm a bunch of the Alby ECNL players to get them to GDA. The majority of these kids have never set foot on a HS pitch, yet there wasn't a mad rush to go to the "top league" and quite a few were heavily recruited by the GDA clubs and still took a pass.
    I understand that this is a NY chat, but you are drawing conclusions on a National league based on what happens on Li. If you want to write off LIs ability to do it successfully, you would know better than me. Im talking national.

Comment

It would be stupid for older girls to abandon their existing clubs in the last year or two of their club career. Younger kids on the other hand might find some benefit of getting into GDA on the ground floor.
      And you know this how? im my opinion it would be stupid to generalize as much as you just did.

Comment

And you know this how? im my opinion it would be stupid to generalize as much as you just did.
        It is a generalization but still has merits. College coaches aren't going to shift away from college showcases, ECNL, etc overnight to instead go to GDA league games.

Comment

It is a generalization but still has merits. College coaches aren't going to shift away from college showcases, ECNL, etc overnight to instead go to GDA league games.
          Why do they have to shift? The can go to both. Or request the USSF tapes. Or attend the GDA showcases. Do you know anything about the GDA? or just jumping on the band wagon.

Comment

Can i ask you why it needs to be? It is a far superior year roud training environment for my child. Thats all I really care about. The transformation of US soccer is a far bigger issue that only a fool would expect the Clubs/ GDA/ ECNL to solve.
            It does not need to be. Just commenting to posters that claim it is a great improvement that imo it is very very similar.

Comment

Why do they have to shift? The can go to both. Or request the USSF tapes. Or attend the GDA showcases. Do you know anything about the GDA? or just jumping on the band wagon.
              They can go to both?

Do you have any idea about the budget constraints of most college soccer programs?

Long term GDA is going to win. With USSF direct backing there is no questioning that.

But in it's first year, it's going to do more harm than good for older players.

Comment

They can go to both?

Do you have any idea about the budget constraints of most college soccer programs?

Long term GDA is going to win. With USSF direct backing there is no questioning that.

But in it's first year, it's going to do more harm than good for older players.
                I hear this a lot. Please tell me what full funded school that players really desire is in that boat? Heck tell me what major D3 is. You say MOST college soccer programs. Is there something stopping them form asking for a game tape via Email? Or for local coaches on an off day driving an hour to see a practice at say Fc Virgnia or Spirit?

Your last comment is just pure speculation. if it benefits my child, which it does, then why do I care? Please describe the kids who it may do harm to ?( and that your word not mine)

Comment

If they don't break ground in 17/18 they are done and LM and Susa will be exposed as the soccer version of Madoff. Barca will at least have 2 fields build by September.
                  How are those Barca fields that were going to be built by September looking? They aren't.

Comment

How are those Barca fields that were going to be built by September looking? They aren't.
                    SUSA spanked Barcelona this weekend in most age groups. Guess it takes more than the Barca badge to have a team that can play. I know the excuse will be we are developing players and not worrying about the scores. Losing 6-0, 7-0 and not touching the ball will not develop players.

Comment

SUSA spanked Barcelona this weekend in most age groups. Guess it takes more than the Barca badge to have a team that can play. I know the excuse will be we are developing players and not worrying about the scores. Losing 6-0, 7-0 and not touching the ball will not develop players.
                      You should actually look at the records before talking. First in NPL they went (w-t-l) 1-1-2

U12 NPL East Blue - Susa beat Barca 5-1
                      U12 NPL East White - Barca beat Susa 6-2
                      U13 NPL - Susa beat Barca 5-0
                      U14 NPL - Barca tied SUSA 0-0

In Metro, they didn't even play each other but Barca went 3-0-0 against other competition.

U11 Metro - Bye
                      U12 Metro - Barca beat Auberndale 4-3
                      U13 Metro - Barca beat Auberndale 3-0
                      U14 Metro - Barca beat Auberndale 6-1

And in NYCSL they hold their own going 3-1-4

U9 NYCSL D1 East - Auberndale beat Barca 2-0
                      U9 NYCSL D1 West - Barca beat Boca Juniors 7-2
                      U9 NYCSL D2 East - Barca beat Brentwood 4-0
                      U10 NYCSL D1 East - Atletico beat Barca 3-1
                      U10 NYCSL D2 East - East Coast beat Barca 5-1
                      U12 NYPL D1 - Barca tied Boca Juniors 1-1
                      U13 NYPL D1 - Asphalt Green beat Barca 5-2
                      U14 NYPL D1 - Barca beat Boca Juniors 5-1

I'm actually a bit shocked how well they did out of the gate.

Comment

You should actually look at the records before talking. First in NPL they went (w-t-l) 1-1-2

In Metro, they didn't even play each other but Barca went 3-0-0 against other competition.

U11 Metro - Bye

If you can't add, that's 7-2-6, a winning record for the club overall.

Comment

And if looking at SUSA boys "academy" teams overall.

NPL - 2-1-1

Metro - 0-1-3

NYCSL - 1-3-3

That's 3 wins, 5 ties and 7 losses.

Comment

SUSA Scam

quote=Anonymous]You people must really have something against susa. What did they cut your kid? [/quote]

No they are just the problem with youth soccer. It should be about the kids and it's all about $$$$ and side deals that ruin the game for kids. Look at the lineup of characters at that club. Dan K, Tim B, JR, John Forester are just a few cancers in youth soccer. They should be called out for the nonsense. SUSA falsely took points from an account that they have no right to. What kind of people do that? Crooks trying to make the club look like something it's not. It's all about the registration fees.

Comment

quote=Anonymous]You people must really have something against susa. What did they cut your kid?
                              No they are just the problem with youth soccer. It should be about the kids and it's all about $$$$ and side deals that ruin the game for kids. Look at the lineup of characters at that club. Dan K, Tim B, JR, John Forester are just a few cancers in youth soccer. They should be called out for the nonsense. SUSA falsely took points from an account that they have no right to. What kind of people do that? Crooks trying to make the club look like something it's not. It's all about the registration fees.[/QUOTE].

This was posted to BOTN but will probably not make it.

Comment

U11 Metro - Bye

That's good stats for any team/club. Funny thing is- These SUSA nutjob parents are out and about. Truly Pathetic as usual.

Not a bad start for Barcelona with all brand new squads with kids that have never played together before except for a few. The SUSA teams have been playing together for at least 2 years.
                                I can't wait to see how the games go come Spring.

I also know that a couple of the Barca teams had players that were not able to play due to player pass issues.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X