Long Island SC GDa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what's going on with LISC? Are any rosters close to filled? Seems they have Trials tonight in Brentwood. Previous Trials have been in Nassau. Now Brentwood? Are they desperate?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So what's going on with LISC? Are any rosters close to filled? Seems they have Trials tonight in Brentwood. Previous Trials have been in Nassau. Now Brentwood? Are they desperate?
      Yes they are desperate. They're hoping to attract some of the Atletico and Susa kids who weren't interested enough to drive to Plainview...

Comment

No because much of how well your daughter develops depends on the club and the coaches, not the league. Some of the GDA clubs are garbage. If the GDA club nearest you is good, then lucky you. But that won't be the case for all. Nor will each club be able to attract the best players.

As always families should pick what works best for their players and their goals, but it won't always be whatever the "top" league is.

Yes, because I assume he/she knows who the coaches are and they are in the GDA. In other words he is already at your last sentence - doing whats best for his kid.

So he is correct, GDA has ZERO to prove to him.

there are 2 basic types - those who think who they play with on a team has a big impact on their development and those who dont. The former usually care about W/L more.

For my kid, GDA is a far superior choice.

Comment

Yes they are desperate. They're hoping to attract some of the Atletico and Susa kids who weren't interested enough to drive to Plainview...
          Do they have a Facebook or Twitter page? I can't find one. This would be the way to advertise, I would think.

Comment

And the LI Rough Riders are backed by NYCFC.

I would say that they are having a disastrous start as East Meadow was to provide the players/teams and that blew up in everyone's faces but with that kind of backing I'm pretty sure that they will be ok in the long run.

LISC-

The rough riders are re-branding

they are keeping the rough rider name only for their premier teams and youth camps and training

their full time teams are becoming LISC for both the boys and GDA

the rough riders and LISC have no association with NYCFC or any other MLs team. they have been kicked out of the NYCFC affiliation league for lack of competitive teams and crappy fields.

they are terrible at communication and do not answer emails.

they are a poorly run organization which is overly expensive

there is a wide disparity between many of their trainers. some are wonderful, some couldn't be bothered

Buyer beware. probably better off sticking with a club you know or trust for a couple of years until maybe they can build something up.

Speaking from last year's experience

Comment

for anyone who for some unknown reason wants to reach the LISC and cant find them contact the Rough Riders youth soccer

Comment

When do rosters have to be made public for GDA?

Comment

When do rosters have to be made public for GDA?
                  Considering earlier this week, LISC had kids posting the LISC GDA tryouts on their social media accounts saying-"hey, if you're looking for a new team come down to Brentwood tonight and check my new team out", I'm guessing they're stil "assessing talent".

So, so sad...

Comment

Considering earlier this week, LISC had kids posting the LISC GDA tryouts on their social media accounts saying-"hey, if you're looking for a new team come down to Brentwood tonight and check my new team out", I'm guessing they're stil "assessing talent".

So, so sad...
                    No? Really?

Comment

No? Really?
                      Yep, complete with a "DM me for details or questions". What bothers me is that the kid is a really nice kid who probably doesn't even realize she's doing their bidding.

Comment

How are things shaping up in the pre-season? I heard there were some defections once training started.

Comment

How are things shaping up in the pre-season? I heard there were some defections once training started.
                          I heard the same. A couple of decent names as well. It will be interesting to see how it goes this year, but it would be great to see them do well against Fury. Something to laugh about for sure.

Comment

Nobody should expect much from the GDA programs the first year.

Older girls didn't want to jump ship from their existing teams in the middle of college recruiting and many of the girls at all ages aren't sure they want to give up HS ball.

Comment

I heard the same. A couple of decent names as well. It will be interesting to see how it goes this year, but it would be great to see them do well against Fury. Something to laugh about for sure.
                              I heard some people dropped out of LISC once they realized they wouldn't be that competitive.

Comment

I heard some people dropped out of LISC once they realized they wouldn't be that competitive.
                                as in practices?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X