•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No private training during pandemic?

Unregistered

Default New policy on personal training sessions

Sharing this as I think it's important. Shouldn't just be the policy at my DS's club. Are other clubs doing anything similar?

_________

"Hello Eagleclaw Players and Families,

I hope that each of you is staying healthy and sane in this new reality caused by the COVID-19/Corona Virus pandemic. Hopefully, if we all work together in a socially responsible way, we will get through this safely.

And that is the principal subject of this message - social responsibility. In light of all the recommendations from elected officials and public health professionals, Eagleclaw has suspended its training operations but we are required to do more to comply with the law and public health requirements. I want there to be no doubt that Eagleclaw is complying with its legal obligations and its social responsibilities.

First, it is Eagleclaw's view that the current situation is not an extended Spring Break, a "snow day" or simply an unexpected vacation from school or work. This is not a time for play dates or get-togethers of any kind. Our players' schools have closed for a reason and our training operations have been shut down for the same reason. We have been instructed to stay at home as much as possible. We must do everything we can to slow the infection rate and community transmission rate of the virus.

In the Bay area, 7 counties are now under a "shelter in place" order, meaning that by law people are required to stay at home. We may soon be under similar restrictions.

As a matter of looking out for the health and safety of our players and families and in keeping with our duty to be a socially responsible organization, Eagleclaw is announcing and implementing a new policy regarding personal and group training sessions. Until further notice, Eagleclaw coaches may not conduct private personal or group training sessions with Eagleclaw players and may not solicit or encourage Eagleclaw players to participate in such sessions.

This new policy has already been communicated to our coaches and the full text of the policy is below for you to read. It is important that you know exactly what has been communicated to our coaching staff.

If you have any questions or concerns about the new policy, please reach out to me directly.

In difficult times we discover what we are made of. We must all endure sacrifices and inconveniences in these challenging times. Eagleclaw is an extremely strong, resilient and vibrant community of players, families and coaches and we will all get through this safely if we act collectively and in a socially responsible manner. I am not sure if any other clubs or organizations have taken the step we are taking today to clarify our position unequivocally, but we are not waiting. Eagleclaw always leads, especially when it comes to the health and safety of our players and families. I hope you will understand.

Joe Campos
    Executive Director/Technical Director
    Eagleclaw Football Club

NEW POLICY: Until further notice, Eagleclaw coaches may not conduct private in-person training sessions with Eagleclaw players and may not in any way solicit or encourage Eagleclaw players to participate in private training sessions with Eagleclaw coaches. This policy applies to one-on-one sessions and group sessions. This rule has no exceptions. As coaches, we must do our part to support the public health response to the Corona Virus crisis and encourage Eagleclaw players to train at home on their own to keep their skills sharp. We understand that Eagleclaw coaches are part-time employees and on their own time may choose to ignore public health advice and conduct personal or group training sessions with players from other clubs. While we cannot require you not to do so, we strongly encourage you not to do so. We also understand that Eagleclaw players and families may ignore public health advice and seek out personal or group training sessions with other coaches and we cannot prohibit them from doing so. It is important, however, that Eagleclaw coaches not contribute to creating a mentality in the soccer community and among parents and players that it is safe and/or responsible at this time to assemble in any numbers for whatever purpose, training or otherwise. We will be informing Eagleclaw parents today of this policy, so they know personal or group training sessions with Eagleclaw coaches are prohibited until further notice.

Interesting. Thoughts? Does your local club do this?

They should

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Unregistered

Default New policy on personal training sessions

Sharing this as I think it's important. Shouldn't just be the policy at my DS's club. Are other clubs doing anything similar?

_________

"Hello Eagleclaw Players and Families,

I hope that each of you is staying healthy and sane in this new reality caused by the COVID-19/Corona Virus pandemic. Hopefully, if we all work together in a socially responsible way, we will get through this safely.

And that is the principal subject of this message - social responsibility. In light of all the recommendations from elected officials and public health professionals, Eagleclaw has suspended its training operations but we are required to do more to comply with the law and public health requirements. I want there to be no doubt that Eagleclaw is complying with its legal obligations and its social responsibilities.

First, it is Eagleclaw's view that the current situation is not an extended Spring Break, a "snow day" or simply an unexpected vacation from school or work. This is not a time for play dates or get-togethers of any kind. Our players' schools have closed for a reason and our training operations have been shut down for the same reason. We have been instructed to stay at home as much as possible. We must do everything we can to slow the infection rate and community transmission rate of the virus.

In the Bay area, 7 counties are now under a "shelter in place" order, meaning that by law people are required to stay at home. We may soon be under similar restrictions.

As a matter of looking out for the health and safety of our players and families and in keeping with our duty to be a socially responsible organization, Eagleclaw is announcing and implementing a new policy regarding personal and group training sessions. Until further notice, Eagleclaw coaches may not conduct private personal or group training sessions with Eagleclaw players and may not solicit or encourage Eagleclaw players to participate in such sessions.

This new policy has already been communicated to our coaches and the full text of the policy is below for you to read. It is important that you know exactly what has been communicated to our coaching staff.

If you have any questions or concerns about the new policy, please reach out to me directly.

In difficult times we discover what we are made of. We must all endure sacrifices and inconveniences in these challenging times. Eagleclaw is an extremely strong, resilient and vibrant community of players, families and coaches and we will all get through this safely if we act collectively and in a socially responsible manner. I am not sure if any other clubs or organizations have taken the step we are taking today to clarify our position unequivocally, but we are not waiting. Eagleclaw always leads, especially when it comes to the health and safety of our players and families. I hope you will understand.

Joe Campos
    Executive Director/Technical Director
    Eagleclaw Football Club

NEW POLICY: Until further notice, Eagleclaw coaches may not conduct private in-person training sessions with Eagleclaw players and may not in any way solicit or encourage Eagleclaw players to participate in private training sessions with Eagleclaw coaches. This policy applies to one-on-one sessions and group sessions. This rule has no exceptions. As coaches, we must do our part to support the public health response to the Corona Virus crisis and encourage Eagleclaw players to train at home on their own to keep their skills sharp. We understand that Eagleclaw coaches are part-time employees and on their own time may choose to ignore public health advice and conduct personal or group training sessions with players from other clubs. While we cannot require you not to do so, we strongly encourage you not to do so. We also understand that Eagleclaw players and families may ignore public health advice and seek out personal or group training sessions with other coaches and we cannot prohibit them from doing so. It is important, however, that Eagleclaw coaches not contribute to creating a mentality in the soccer community and among parents and players that it is safe and/or responsible at this time to assemble in any numbers for whatever purpose, training or otherwise. We will be informing Eagleclaw parents today of this policy, so they know personal or group training sessions with Eagleclaw coaches are prohibited until further notice.

Interesting. Thoughts? Does your local club do this?
    Every one should be doing this. Soccer just isn't that important right now

Comment

Every one should be doing this. Soccer just isn't that important right now
      Agree but hope clubs can give coaches that rely on coaching some extra money, maybe from saved field rental fees? I worry about the coaches that need the income from privates to pay bills.

Comment

Agree but hope clubs can give coaches that rely on coaching some extra money, maybe from saved field rental fees? I worry about the coaches that need the income from privates to pay bills.
        There are lots of jobs available in the construction industry.

Comment

Seriously Fred Meyer

I know their are a lot of people that just lost their jobs and many, like soccer coaches are IC's and do not qualify for unemployment.

I saw several grocery stores like Fred Meyer where hiring to stock selves. Maybe not the job you want but it will pay you a wage for the intern.

Comment

Why? Have you seen the incomes generated by your ridiculous fees? Do you not realize most of these coaches are in it because the money is good and not due to their unique ability to produce quality?

Comment

My kids and I have been to the park/soccer field 4 out of the last 7 days and everytime there have been a few private trainings going on. there was a group with older girls (college aged) an individual girl and an individual boy, both teens around 15/16. So that is at least 3 coaches (one I know for sure is a well-known DOC) running sessions at public park and thats just one park at the same time each day. Multiply that all over the city/state.

The irony is this particular park was always empty during the week and has gotten steadily busier during the pandemic. The more the politicians say to stay at home, the more people seem to need to be outdoors. The great weather hasn't helped. You can't keep an Oregonian indoors on a sunny day....still the coaches shouldn't be offering their services at this time, IMHO. I can't blame the kids and the parents are just missing the hindsight to realize that tryouts will be delayed so now is not important time to have private training anyway. Tryouts won't matter if you're dead.

Comment

No need to fret, Portland 1 to 1 soccer training now has gift cards for future training. That Mercedes lease ain't gonna pay itself. Dammit, what if they're like Upper 90 Skills and take your money and close? Never mind, the same clubs certainly weren't involved in both.

Comment

Not just soccer, there are track and LAX coaches running private sessions as well in our area. Judging by the full college gear on display and guessing at age I’d say most are not HS athletes.
                  Not to mention just the kids and adults out there doing their own thing.

Comment

No private training during pandemic?

Don't see the harm in having your kid out there playing soccer in the open space and fresh air. If they are doing one on one training most coaches are much further than 6 feet away. Kids can get exercise, keep up with their skills and play the sport they love..
                    Much more harm going to a grocery store full of people who have touched everything

Comment

Don't see the harm in having your kid out there playing soccer in the open space and fresh air. If they are doing one on one training most coaches are much further than 6 feet away. Kids can get exercise, keep up with their skills and play the sport they love..
                      Much more harm going to a grocery store full of people who have touched everything
                      The problem is it’s just like the beaches, the public spaces get too crowded when everyone goes out to be in the fresh air, private train, train in their own, train with friends, exercise, and all the other sports and activities people like to do outdoors. If one gets to do it, all want to do it and social distancing is defeated. More people die unnecessarily. Private sports training actually takes up quite a bit of space outside at a field or park. It’s a big bummer but not really fair to all the others that want to enjoy the space.

Comment

The problem is it’s just like the beaches, the public spaces get too crowded when everyone goes out to be in the fresh air, private train, train in their own, train with friends, exercise, and all the other sports and activities people like to do outdoors. If one gets to do it, all want to do it and social distancing is defeated. More people die unnecessarily. Private sports training actually takes up quite a bit of space outside at a field or park. It’s a big bummer but not really fair to all the others that want to enjoy the space.
                        Good point. Plus, the whole thing is sort of sleezy. Clubs cancel trainings but the coaches can say to their players, "hey, throw some extra cash my way for some one on one training while no one else gets to train." But I would think this argument is moot now anyway given the state wide shut down.

Comment

But I would think this argument is moot now anyway given the state wide shut down.
                          Or the LOPD could hang out at Hazelia making bank isssuing class c citations

Comment

Or the LOPD could hang out at Hazelia making bank isssuing class c citations
                            The governor just shut down playgrounds and sports parks. Only allowed to be with immediate family even on walks or exercise so that is the end to private training. Isn’t it up to $1500 fine and up to 6 months in jail? If everyone would’ve complied we wouldn’t have to be shut down completely or at least for as long. We can be successful if we all do our part and stay away from anyone you don’t live with. Lives are at stake!

Comment

But I would think this argument is moot now anyway given the state wide shut down.
                              LOL that's why there were several people at THPRD-run field at Walker Elementary today...You can close the field but unless you enforce the shut-down, it's just a suggestion.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X