• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OYSA results and poll

OYSA results and poll.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Crows 2 rvt 0
    Actual: Cuervos 2, RVT 0. Result: Chipped the keeper from 40 yards, nothing but net.

Bend 3 adf 2
    Cancelled due to snow. (I assume that's the reason).

GPS 3 etfc 0
    Actual: GPS 3, ETFC 3. Eugene comes to life! Result: Three yards wide of the net.

GPS 2 Cuervos 1
    1-1 tie. Result: Off the post and out.

4H 2 bend 0
    Also cancelled (or postponed) due to weather. (One annoying thing about OYSA's website is it simply deletes cancelled games, rather than leaving them up and marking them as cancelled/postponed...)

Last week's poll:

This week:

1) Crows (2-0-0): Knock off the #2 team, are already the only Green team with a perfect spring record. Next week have a nasty travel weekend, with a Saturday afternoon game in Medford, and a Sunday noon game back in the Portland area against GPS again. If they survive that without dropping points, I'll be very impressed.

2) 4H (2-0-1): Expect a few wild swings early in the season, as fall results are discounted. Also undefeated, knocking off two of the Remote Timbers teams. Host Bend.

3) GPS (1-1-0): Losing to Cuervos is nothing to be ashamed of, get another shot at them this weekend. Also host Eugene.

4) RVT (1-1-1): Impressive dismantling of the F-Bombs. Close loss to 4H. Doesn't get any easier as the Crows come visiting.

5) Bend (0-1-1): Had the weekend off; this weekend get to come to the valley for dates against ADF and 4H.

6) ADF (1-2-0). Beat Eugene, but got wrecked by Rogue Valley. Defense is still a big issue for this team. Host Bend this weekend.

7) ETFC (0-2-1). Next play! Get dismantled by 4H and ADF. This weekend visit GPS.

8) Salmon Creek (2-0-1 White): Dismantled LYS, though got held to a scoreless tie by Southside. Only undefeated White team.

9) HSC (2-1-0 White). Beat LYS, but lost to Southside.

10) Southside (1-1-1 White). An impressive weekend, with two clean sheets against LYS (win) and FCSC (tie).
    This week:

1) 4H (2-0-1). Back into the top spot, as their game this week was mothballed, and the Crows get a loss through a forfeit (they had originally won the game). But the only undefeated team in OYSA Premier Green. Host ADF this weekend.

2) Cuervos (2-1-1). Beat RVT. Tied GPS, Had last week's win against GPS turn into a loss due to the forfeit. Don't know the cause of the forfeiture--the fact that it was only one game (rather than forfeiting the season) suggests a venal sin rather than a mortal one. Idle this weekend.

3) GPS (2-0-2). Two ties (against Cuervos and ETFC), plus last week's loss turned into a W. Also off this weekend.

4) RVT (1-2-1). Lost a close one to Cuervos. Also off this weekend.

5) Bend (0-1-1). Had both games this weekend scrubbed due to weather. (Since one was a Saturday game, and it didn't snow in the metro area until Sunday, my guess is pass conditions?) Will try to visit Eugene this weekend.

5) ADF (1-2-0). Game against Bend scrubbed. Host GPS

7) ETFC (0-2-2). Tie against GPS is a good result, though not enough to move them out of the bottom spot for Green teams.

8) Salmon Creek (2-0-1). Idle, possibly game cancelled. Battle of Vancouver is this Saturday.

9) FC Pordland Navy (3-1-0). Pasted Copa and knocked off HSC to move into the OYSA Top 10 for the first time this spring. Play HSC again, as well as Southside.

10) HSC (2-2-0). Lost to FC Portland Navy. Get a rematch this weekend, host Copa.

Also Receiving Votes: LYS. Idle, but clear separation between them and the teams below.

Comment

Last week's poll:

And this week's.

1) FC Portland (9-3-0). Pass WashT in the win column, and beat the team that beat Vancouver last week. That--for now--moves them into the top spot, but barely. Just as a bad result against Westside hurt Washington, FC gets their Washington County rivals this weekend.

2) Washington Timbers (8-1-2). Winless in the past two weeks, and struggle to a 1-1 tie against a Westside squad they blasted 4-0 last fall. (The wind settled the tent question in this one). Idle this weekend.

3) Crossfire (7-2-2). Didn't play the past weekend, get to drive down to Salem this weekend.

4) Westside (4-4-2). Draw against WashT isn't a half-bad result for this crew, though not enough to change their position in the Poll of One Voter. Will be very busy this weekend, with FC Portland coming to Walker Road on Saturday, and then a trip down to Salem as well on Sunday.

5) BSC (4-7-1). Losing by a goal to FC doesn't hurt them much. Host Eastside this weekend.

6) CFC (4-7-1). Avoided the upset by Eastside. Have two chances to impress the Voter this weekend, with Crossfire and Westside--two teams with very different styles--coming down to Salem.

7) Eastside (0-11-0). Still improving--losing by two goal margins rather than by six goal margins. Sooner or later they will knock someone off. Next chance is against BSC in Tigard this weekend.
      Washington is 7-1-2. They have only played 10 league games so far. CFC is 3-6-1 and has played 10 as well.
      Oregon DA League
      FCP WaT CF WT BSC CFC EaT
      W 9 7 7 4 4 3 0
      D 0 2 2 2 1 1 0
      L 3 1 2 4 7 6 11
      PTS 27 23 23 14 13 10 0
      GF 37 33 35 23 27 21 3
      GA 27 14 11 18 27 22 54
      GP 12 10 11 10 12 10 11

Washington is still the team to beat with 2 games in hand to play. FCP is good, but they seem to let opponents hang around only eeking out 1 goal victories. I know a win is a win, but they aren't hanging 5,6,7..10 on opponents and they could start dropping results. CF are also deserving of top 3 billing, although 3 of their wins are against Eastside where they weren't shy about running up the score. Westside I think will show the fall campaign was a fluke and start winning a few more games (watch out this weekend FCP) - same goes with BSC. CFC and ET don't have the firepower although I am hopeful the boys on Eastside can get in the win column.

Comment

I apologize for the format. The columns were aligned prior to posting.

Comment

Top Goal Scorers DA

This list only shows players with more than one goal. Keep in mind that FC Portland has played two more games than most of the teams here.

Antuan Peterson 15 FC Portland
          Lucas Witthauer 14 Washington
          Rodolfo Figueroa 14 FC Portland
          Alexander Harris 10 Washington
          Aidan Brouddus 9 Crossfire
          Nathan Olszewski 9 BSC
          Leo Fulcher 8 Crossfire
          Angel Jareth Solis 7 Capital
          Renato Beltran 7 FC Portland
          Zac Levin 6 Crossfire
          Miguel Lopez 6 Westside
          Henry Dennis Nahl 5 Westside
          Vigo Che Sufuentes 5 BSC
          Tristan Olvera 5 Capital
          Alexander Chen 4 BSC
          Adam Robertson 3 Crossfire
          Mark Mankin 3 Crossfire
          David Aburto Martinez 3 Westside
          Ty Wollersheim 3 Capital
          Sawyer Jura 3 Washington
          Quincy Lea 2 BSC
          Roman Cooper 2 Capital
          Nicolas Sammond 2 Crossfire
          Lucas Houghton 2 Washington
          John Warnell 2 Washington
          Austin Gienger 2 Capital
          Rowen Pierce 2 Westside
          Jonathan Malkiel 2 FC Portland

Comment

This list only shows players with more than one goal. Keep in mind that FC Portland has played two more games than most of the teams here.

Nathan Olszewski 9 BSC
            Leo Fulcher 8 Crossfire
            Zac Levin 6 Crossfire
            Miguel Lopez 6 Westside
            Vigo Che Sufuentes 5 BSC
            Tristan Olvera 5 Capital
            Watch for AJS from CFC to start climbing this list! Especially since the bulldozers from FCP will be playing two less games to make everything more even. The numbers are skewed in their favor right now!

Comment

Watch for AJS from CFC to start climbing this list! Especially since the bulldozers from FCP will be playing two less games to make everything more even. The numbers are skewed in their favor right now!
              lol...I will give you this AJS parent, you are nothing if not persistent! Hopefully he can score this weekend with 2 games. Has he scored yet, this Spring?

Comment

lol...I will give you this AJS parent, you are nothing if not persistent! Hopefully he can score this weekend with 2 games. Has he scored yet, this Spring?
                No yet :(
                He is long overdue!

Comment

He is long overdue!
                  He is a really good player. He will. 👍

Comment

He is a really good player. He will. 👍
                    Just a matter of time.

Comment

Nathan Olszewski 9 BSC
                      Leo Fulcher 8 Crossfire
                      Zac Levin 6 Crossfire
                      Miguel Lopez 6 Westside
                      Vigo Che Sufuentes 5 BSC
                      Tristan Olvera 5 Capital
                      Alexander Chen 4 BSC
                      Adam Robertson 3 Crossfire
                      Mark Mankin 3 Crossfire
                      David Aburto Martinez 3 Westside
                      Ty Wollersheim 3 Capital
                      Sawyer Jura 3 Washington
                      Quincy Lea 2 BSC
                      Roman Cooper 2 Capital
                      Nicolas Sammond 2 Crossfire
                      Lucas Houghton 2 Washington
                      John Warnell 2 Washington
                      Austin Gienger 2 Capital
                      Rowen Pierce 2 Westside
                      Jonathan Malkiel 2 FC Portland
                      Who cares- this list is wrong anyway and what is the point? No positions are attached to the players and I would expect that the leading scorers are strikers/forwards which I am pretty sure the top 3 are. I Want to know what positions others play and also would love to know assist numbers. That would tell a more complete story....

Comment

He is long overdue!
                        And way over age...,

Comment

Who cares- this list is wrong anyway and what is the point? No positions are attached to the players and I would expect that the leading scorers are strikers/forwards which I am pretty sure the top 3 are. I Want to know what positions others play and also would love to know assist numbers. That would tell a more complete story....
                          Unfortunately, DA doesn't publish any stats that aren't in the referee's notebook. (So nothing other than goals, substitutions, and discipline). They've got those fancy skycams at the games; and at least some of those gadgets are capable of some automated record-keeping (distance travelled, etc). Things like assists and such tend to be judgment calls.

I'd almost rather they exclude the goal counts, as OYSA does, simply because soccer has long suffered from excessive fascination with who kicks the ball into the net over who helps get it down there.

Comment

Or better yet, they would list the parents names of the child, who made the assist. Right? That would make you happy...as?

Comment

Unfortunately, DA doesn't publish any stats that aren't in the referee's notebook. (So nothing other than goals, substitutions, and discipline). They've got those fancy skycams at the games; and at least some of those gadgets are capable of some automated record-keeping (distance travelled, etc). Things like assists and such tend to be judgment calls.

I'd almost rather they exclude the goal counts, as OYSA does, simply because soccer has long suffered from excessive fascination with who kicks the ball into the net over who helps get it down there.
                              Would be nice if they could post shots, shots on goal, saves and maybe general possession percentage totals for each team.

Comment

Or better yet, they would list the parents names of the child, who made the assist. Right? That would make you happy...as?
                                No dyck it wouldn't it has nothing to do with the parents- just tired of seeing this list because it's wrong for one and 2 it does not tell the whole story. I am not taking anything away from the fc kids or wash timbers kids as they all do their jobs well, but all they really do is stay up high and finish through balls. Battereing ram does do a little more from an attacking role in the middle but not #91...watch the videos aszz

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X