Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How'd you get to be so classy? The amazing things we can learn about your disposition, personality and moral make-up from such a short post.
    Come on. The guy was actually being kind to the Thorns Academy by putting them ahead of rec.

Comment

Not sure thorns even got community college or jC this year. Did they all just quit soccer completely.
      It's that why the Timbers are unloading the thorns on Westside? That would be really petty if they were dumping the program over poor results.

Comment

It's that why the Timbers are unloading the thorns on Westside? That would be really petty if they were dumping the program over poor results.
        And yet, Westside still leapt at the chance....

Comment

I heard Westside turned it down. I think it's being shopped around.

Comment

Odd that Westside would turn GDA down for girls...and in the same stroke of the pen bring on more age groups for boys DA. Somewhat discriminatory. Will be interesting to see what shakes out.

Comment

I heard Westside turned it down. I think it's being shopped around.
              NEU would be the logical choice for a girls DA with their track record of girls programs.

Comment

Odd that Westside would turn GDA down for girls...and in the same stroke of the pen bring on more age groups for boys DA. Somewhat discriminatory. Will be interesting to see what shakes out.
                There is essentially no reason for GDAP in Oregon. Maybe one girl every 20 years has both the capability & desire to play USWNT/pro.

Comment

And above is true for boys/men from Oregon also. Yet Dix clubs continue with DA.

Comment

Six not Dix.

Comment

Doesn't matter where you go to school. Have fun and get a good education. Soccer is pretty low on importance list.
                      Said the guy trolling and posting on Talking Soccer......

Comment

True. Unless those one track mind girls burn out or get injured. Carrying all your eggs in one basket is a pretty risky proposition but good luck to you.
                        How do you know all eggs are in one basket? I know plenty of great students that play Thorns, I don't think they'll need soccer to get into college. Why is this a risk to the poster, are they the ones going to college? Are they telling their daughter to not study or have other interests because soccer will take care of everything? Why are the Thorns any more susceptible to burn out than any ecnl players? You're an idiot.

Comment

Not sure thorns even got community college or jC this year. Did they all just quit soccer completely.
                          That would be none of your business.

Comment

The thorns haven't placed girls into college much but that doesn't mean the program is a failure. Just struggling a bit.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1984351]How do you know all eggs are in one basket? Because Thorns will require them to give up HS soccer, other HS sports, and most or all extracurriculars to do four practices a week.

I know plenty of great students that play Thorns, I don't think they'll need soccer to get into college. Ok that's great.

Why is this a risk to the poster, are they the ones going to college? I didn't say it was. Try reading for comprehension.

Are they telling their daughter to not study or have other interests because soccer will take care of everything? The thorns parents I know are telling their players they have a shot to make the pros. So I guess the answer to your question is maybe?

Why are the Thorns any more susceptible to burn out than any ecnl players? Because ECNL players are allowed to pursue other sports, play HS soccer for fun with friends they've had since early childhood in many cases, and aren't expected to give everything else up for soccer. That is the definition of burnout.

You're an idiot. Name calling dilutes whatever weak point you were attempting to make.

Answers above.

Comment

The thorns haven't placed girls into college much but that doesn't mean the program is a failure. Just struggling a bit.
                                Winning games and having fun are important. I know a lot of you think college is more important but I disagree.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X