2017 University of FC Portland Womens Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am guessing UofP, OSU and UofO will have great years. Usually dingbats on this board betting against you is sure sign of good things to come!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      "A pretty good season", yes, going to the sweet 16 is a "pretty good season". And they lost in that round to eventual champion USC. For those who think Oregon or Oregon State will improve, remember that you have two of the past three national champions in the conference along with Utah, who made the sweet 16 last year, Colorado who makes the tournament on a regular basis, an always tough WSU and a UW team that underperformed last year but should be vastly improved this year. And of course Stanford. UO and OSU better hope that Arizona and Arizona State provide some easy wins and that somehow they can get a win somewhere else along the way. Prediction, spots 9-12 go to UO, OSU, Arizona and ASU, only the order is in question. That will definitely get Kat fired and will make 2018 a make or break season for Linus.
      Why should any of those coaches be fired if that's the best they can do given the Pac12 competition? That's like saying, all Oregon DoCs should be fired because they don't make it to the top 8 in the top division at Surf.

Comment

Why should any of those coaches be fired if that's the best they can do given the Pac12 competition? That's like saying, all Oregon DoCs should be fired because they don't make it to the top 8 in the top division at Surf.
        Since logic isn't a strong suit, it is for the same reason Arizona State fired their coach before last season.

Comment

Since logic isn't a strong suit, it is for the same reason Arizona State fired their coach before last season.
          Mark Few seems to have something really going on at gonzaga basketball.
          Spokane certainly is not a selling point.

Sam is true for st. Mary's basketball

Clive did it in Portland!!!

Bottom line is the current coaches are mediocre. Fire and sign a new asst to a 3 year contract.
          If it doesn't work fire them.

Comment

This is extremely thoughtful and on point. First, women's D1 soccer has become wildly competitive. You don't see UNC routinely winning the championship like they did. Why? Because the other ACC schools started putting effort and money into their women's programs. Ditto Big 12 and Pac 12 schools and SEC schools aren't just standing by idly. Ever been to a P5 schools and looked at their facilities? They are incredible. It's not easy to be at the top every year.

As to Oregon and Oregon State, the issue isn't that they aren't ranked, the issue is that they are at the bottom of the Pac 12 year after year. Anyone who thinks Kat isn't a dead woman walking just doesn't have a clue. She needs a top 7 finish in the Pac 12 this year and with how the conference is loaded, I don't see it happening. Linus is only slightly better than Kat. If OSU is serious about improving their program, they would fire him and bring in someone that actually knows how to recruit. His "we do things differently here" meaning that OSU is always the last to fill out their class means that he is taking the second tier players, at best. Don't expect much from Oregon or Oregon State this year and in the years ahead, other than likely coaching changes.
            I am the poster you were responding to and I detest Kat. She needs to go, like yesterday.

Comment

I am the poster you were responding to and I detest Kat. She needs to go, like yesterday.
              She is very mediocre and to think she is a good recruiter, as some on here think, is laughable. Linus is just as bad.

Comment

Oregon 1
                Portland 1

In a recent exhibition.

Comment

Oregon 1
                  Portland 1

In a recent exhibition.
                  I watched the game and enjoyed.

Comment

I watched the game and enjoyed.
                    Twila Kaufman brings her UC Davis Aggies to Portland. The former Pepperdine Asst is a potential replacement for Smith. We can discuss after the game.

Comment

Twila Kaufman brings her UC Davis Aggies to Portland. The former Pepperdine Asst is a potential replacement for Smith. We can discuss after the game.
                      Why would she want to leave Davis for UofP?

Comment

Game is in Davis.

Comment

Why would she want to leave Davis for UofP?
                          There is no soccer culture at Davis. They don't get 2000 wild soccer fans coming to their games. The potential is very high at Portland, not so at Davis.

Also the WCC is a way better conference. You have two national powers in Santa Clara and BYU and you get to play them every year.

Comment

There is no soccer culture at Davis. They don't get 2000 wild soccer fans coming to their games. The potential is very high at Portland, not so at Davis.

Also the WCC is a way better conference. You have two national powers in Santa Clara and BYU and you get to play them every year.
                            UP is a sinking ship.

Comment

UP is a sinking ship.
                              The are 0-0 in the first half on big west TV.

Comment

The are 0-0 in the first half on big west TV.
                                Own goal for Univ of Portland, in the 83min,up1-0....cure for insomnia.Thx

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X