Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Parents should be honored to have Barca contact them about their kids. Only a select group of talented kids can be part of the program. The results this weekend at the Northport, Brooklyn Italians and EDP tournaments do not lie. Trophies and medals all around for the top program in the region.
    Hahaha, that made me laugh on this rainy Monday!

Comment

HOT OFF THE PRESS!!! New Flyers made to put on every car all over the 5 boroughs to "poach" all these young players over to Barca........... YES IM BEING SARCASTIC !!
      Our teams are doing well and the kids are having fun. Lets keep everything into prospective folks!

Comment

Parents should be honored to have Barca contact them about their kids. Only a select group of talented kids can be part of the program. The results this weekend at the Northport, Brooklyn Italians and EDP tournaments do not lie. Trophies and medals all around for the top program in the region.
        You seem to be new to the scene, so let me give you a tip -- do not go on a message board and brag about teams that win a couple of tournament flights that are worth 318 or 182 points.

It means you beat low-level town teams that are likely coached by dads. There's nothing wrong with low-level town teams that are coached by dads, but they don't usually do much bragging.

Comment

You seem to be new to the scene, so let me give you a tip -- do not go on a message board and brag about teams that win a couple of tournament flights that are worth 318 or 182 points.

It means you beat low-level town teams that are likely coached by dads. There's nothing wrong with low-level town teams that are coached by dads, but they don't usually do much bragging.
          Sorry but your jealousy is seeping through the screen. You can always tryout again during the winter.

Comment

The DA rules today very much favor clubs and not players. There is so little opportunity for players to "look" at other clubs without getting black-listed for doing so. Really wish there was an absolute open season for players to tryout for new clubs. Would hold clubs to a higher standard level to be sure they can retain their players...good training facilities, quality coaches, quality players, good solid comprehensive curriculum...the right location. Right now, players are kindof stuck if things arent up to standard at their club, or they just don't click with the coach. Also, there should be a more standardized tryout and signing period. A lot like USYS has always done as state organizations set dates. Right now some DA clubs hold tryouts even before the end of the year DA tournaments. Like what player would commit to a new club when they haven't even played in the end of the year showcase or tournament. And likely, if they did stick it out, I'm sure most coaches without character would try to bench those players at the end of the year tournament....get the drift....allow more freedom for the benefit of the players. If you read the DA rules, it even requires current coaches to be part of the decision for players to move to another club...hmm, like that would be a good thing.

Comment

BTW...the above post is more in reference to the Barca Academy DA in Arizona.

Comment

Sorry but your jealousy is seeping through the screen. You can always tryout again during the winter.
                I tried out twice, I made gold the first time. I then went to the “Bring a Friend” event and was offered red.

Say something mean to me now.

Comment

I tried out twice, I made gold the first time. I then went to the “Bring a Friend” event and was offered red.

Say something mean to me now.
                  Congrats. Didn't know Barca had a U50 team. Double X kits?

Comment

I hope they don’t end up in Kings Park. That’s going to be a hell of a ride for me.

Comment

I hope they don’t end up in Kings Park. That’s going to be a hell of a ride for me.
                      they were always supposed to be in Kings Park.

Comment

Let review the insanity.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X