LM lied, there is no such thing as EDP Long Island

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am confused. The banner that lists EDP Long Island, good company thing. It lists eight clubs. All of which are on Long Island. There are many other teams and clubs in EDP not listed. Also, to note, the import piece here.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/t...&eventid=59881

Only lists a few teams from any of those eight clubs, yet list tons of other Long Island teams in EDP.

Leads me to believe there will in fact be a division for Long Island, maybe I'm wrong. But where are those other clubs? I found a few Surf and two sesa teams on the applied for EDP list. If EDP used those other clubs' logos I'm pretty sure they applied and where accepted in to some division, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I am confused. The banner that lists EDP Long Island, good company thing. It lists eight clubs. All of which are on Long Island. There are many other teams and clubs in EDP not listed. Also, to note, the import piece here.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/t...&eventid=59881

Only lists a few teams from any of those eight clubs, yet list tons of other Long Island teams in EDP.

Leads me to believe there will in fact be a division for Long Island, maybe I'm wrong. But where are those other clubs? I found a few Surf and two sesa teams on the applied for EDP list. If EDP used those other clubs' logos I'm pretty sure they applied and where accepted in to some division, no?
      I was told flat out by Jen from EDP that there is no such thing as EDP Long Island. Long Island teams would still be facing teams from Northern NJ, NYC, Westchester and Southern CT.

Now, if a bunch of LI teams joined that would make it more likely to have the majority of your opponents being LI based, but there are no LI only divisions being created.

Comment

He stated that he manipulated his own posting
        That's whack

Comment

http://www.edpsoccer.com/news_articl...rer_id=1249986

All the teams logos it has on their website none of those teams have applied yet according to the applied list teams. Something must be going on. A lot of confusion.

Comment

All the teams logos it has on their website none of those teams have applied yet according to the applied list teams. Something must be going on. A lot of confusion.
            My theory. EDP wanted to promote their NY presence to mitigate any pressure from NYCSL. So EDP publishes the above logos to show that they have a strong NY presence. Larry manipulated that promotion to purporte that EDP was starting a Long Island division

Comment

The confusion is only abundant among the laymen. EDP and the teams know quite well what is going on.

I'm one of the laymen, except that I belong to one of the clubs with the logo, and I can assure you we've been told the teams have applied for, and accepted to EDP. What division or region, I do not know.

Comment

My club put in a couple of teams and we are not on the applied team list yet. I wouldn't put much salt in that list.

That being said, I too was told that there are no "EDP LI" divisions, just EDP North. LM embellished.

Comment

LM is a strange duck. Why would he embellish a story so that it clearly competes with a title sponsor? I'm not sure there even is a story other then July 15 deadline. All LM did was promote membership into a league that already exsisted at the expense of NYCSL and as you can see clubs that had multiple teams in NYCSL now have their badge at EDP. Another satisfied customer, thanks LM advertising agency.

Comment

My club put in a couple of teams and we are not on the applied team list yet. I wouldn't put much salt in that list.

That being said, I too was told that there are no "EDP LI" divisions, just EDP North. LM embellished.
                    Questions:

Did LM change the original ad on his own just to screw with people?
                    or did EDP initially want the ad that way but didn't anticipate the confusion it would cause?
                    or was EDP planning on doing a LI division, not realizing how much it would weaken North?
                    or did EDP back off once NYCSL put pressure on some of the clubs to stay?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

Comment

Questions:

Did LM change the original ad on his own just to screw with people?
                      or did EDP initially want the ad that way but didn't anticipate the confusion it would cause?
                      or was EDP planning on doing a LI division, not realizing how much it would weaken North?
                      or did EDP back off once NYCSL put pressure on some of the clubs to stay?

Inquiring minds want to know :)
                      I think that LM was beyond pissed that Gary took in Barca. This made LM look really bad both to the public and to his other sponsors like Surf that had been locked out of NPL. To get his revenge he pulled this "EDP Long Island" stunt. And if you ask me, EDP was in on it. Maybe they really would have created EDP LI divisions if they got enough teams but they didn't and aren't.

Comment

I think that LM was beyond pissed that Gary took in Barca. This made LM look really bad both to the public and to his other sponsors like Surf that had been locked out of NPL. To get his revenge he pulled this "EDP Long Island" stunt. And if you ask me, EDP was in on it. Maybe they really would have created EDP LI divisions if they got enough teams but they didn't and aren't.
                        Good point about Larry and Gary and retribution for Barca. That is so Larry Miller, vindictive bitch

Comment

LM is a strange duck. Why would he embellish a story so that it clearly competes with a title sponsor? I'm not sure there even is a story other then July 15 deadline. All LM did was promote membership into a league that already exsisted at the expense of NYCSL and as you can see clubs that had multiple teams in NYCSL now have their badge at EDP. Another satisfied customer, thanks LM advertising agency.
                          ----------------
                          My guess is that Larry believes that he was instrumental in help Gary build NYCSL into the force as it by highlighting the problems with LIJSL. He probably did play a big role and perhaps feels underappreciated by Gary and/or perhaps he is renegotiating his financial arrangements with NYCSL.

Posting something about EDP may have been done to prove just how much influence he has. And he does! Look at how many people are blogging about it.

I think it's just all part of some negotiation. I can certainly see LM influencing clubs/teams to consider EDP if it provided the same league structure and scheduling options that in LI that NYCSL does.

Comment

LM just admitted that this "EDP LI" will include teams in NYC and Lower Westchester, just like EDP North does. But claims somehow that this is not just EDP North. lol.

"Teams that are based on Long Island WILL be given the choice of whether they want to travel to NJ and other distant locations or play approx 80% of their games either on Long Island or within a short distance Like the boros or lower Westchester."

Comment

LM is a strange d ick.
                              fixed it. So full of himself and his supposed influence. As for what EDP is actually doing, I'll wait until EDP comes out with an official announcement or brackets, not whatever LM posts.

Comment

This must be one of the funniest things Larry ash ever posted (and that says a great deal). Kettle meet pot

Spin, spin, spin...

Teams that are based on Long Island WILL be given the choice of whether they want to travel to NJ and other distant locations or play approx 80% of their games either on Long Island or within a short distance Like the boros or lower Westchester.

How the divisions will be formed is not known until the alignments come out. EDP North, South or EDP on the moon is a nonsensical argument since the issue is and has always been (a) travel, and (b) customer service.

Parents, coaches, teams and clubs need to be very weary of any information coming from all these brave anonymous posters. If they were right and had the real information they would take ownership of their posts which they clearly have not.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X