Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LM lied, there is no such thing as EDP Long Island

There is no such thing as EDP Long Island.

I just got confirmation that the Ad that EDP ran on BOTN was meant only to let people know that a bunch of Long Island clubs are playing in EDP as a way of encouraging more Long Island based clubs to join EDP.

LM added the "EDP Long Island Founding Member Clubs" to the subject line on his own and made posts claiming that there were new Long Island based divisions that would have us all traveling less but none of it is true.

All the Long Island teams will be part of EDP North as they already currently are.

Here is the page directly on EDP's site:

http://www.edpsoccer.com/news_articl...rer_id=1249986

I don't know the real story -- but it certainly seemed like EDP may have wanted to create a LI division, but then realized that wasn't possible or diminished why people were playing EDP North Div 1 in the first place.

Comment

If you notice, nothing in that Ad actually says anything about new Long Island divisions.

Comment

The original ad did say EDP Long Island

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Here is the page directly on EDP's site:

http://www.edpsoccer.com/news_articl...rer_id=1249986

I don't know the real story -- but it certainly seemed like EDP may have wanted to create a LI division, but then realized that wasn't possible or diminished why people were playing EDP North Div 1 in the first place.
          That would be my guess. The announcement also came with little notice before the registration deadline. In other words, not very well thought out on EDPs part.

Comment

Here's a link to BOTN, 1st page of the thread about this. The ad clearly says LI and lists the clubs. LM called the thread "Long Island Founding Member Clubs", and in the thread stated things like this:

poster: Does this mean that LI teams that currently play EDP will now be grouped together in this Long Island division? If so, honestly, this defeats the purpose of playing EDP to begin with - to face better competition that what you find on Long Island.

LM: Nope. I'm told that there are teams that want to play EDP but dont want the travel, I'm told this is a way to better accommodate the travel and scheduling to lessen the travel for those teams that would like that option.

But now, LM is saying:

Nope. I have not been asked to change anything that I have posted nor any email or phone call to the contrary.

I do think that I published in a few posts in this thread above that this was never intended to be a league as you folks are defining it. Read what I wrote above. This for Long Island teams that may be or want to play in EDP without the significant travel obligations. Nothing has changed other than an attempt to better serve the current Long Island teams by offering a higher quality of customer service.

Once again, too many of you get hung up on titles and names, i.e., academy, ODP, NPL, DA, to mention a few and now league.

EDP and it's former names of MSSL, and most notable MAPS brand have been had Long Island Teams playing in their league for 20+ years.

I would also point out that EDP is what I consider a regional league. EDP has been and will continue to be on Long Island. Perhaps they are just being a bit more vocal about their presence here?

Comment

This was all Larry's doing not EDP
              as it called fake news

Comment

This was all Larry's doing not EDP
                as it called fake news
                Wrong. EDP went in after the Barca announcement. NYCSL turned around and caved to the clubs that were pulling out of Metro. Now those clubs are staying... EDP LI is not happening.

Comment

Sorry I forgot the link before - the ad posted on BOTN page 1 clearly says Long Island at the top and bottom. Looks EDP generated, then probably LM ran with it.

http://www.backofthenet.com/62rd/ubb...opics/685206/1

Comment

Well, somebody lied to us all.

Comment

went over to read what was being said about this - weird whatever the heck is going on

How is the title of this thread EDP Long Island Founding Member Clubs.. what are the clubs listed - SUSA, Smithtown, Surf founding members of??

to which Larry responded:

That's an easy question to answer. I made it up.

BTW, since you want to poke at this you forgot to mention the other "founding clubs". Do you know who they might be?

Comment

It was a straight up bait and switch.

Comment

went over to read what was being said about this - weird whatever the heck is going on

How is the title of this thread EDP Long Island Founding Member Clubs.. what are the clubs listed - SUSA, Smithtown, Surf founding members of??

to which Larry responded:

That's an easy question to answer. I made it up.

BTW, since you want to poke at this you forgot to mention the other "founding clubs". Do you know who they might be?
                          There you have it ... Larry admits he changes stories to fit his narratives

Comment

There you have it ... Larry admits he changes stories to fit his narratives
                            So Larry would manipulate an ad and or lie? I find that hard to believe even for him. EDP and others wouldn't take too kindly to that. LM is already on shaky ground with clubs and leagues

Comment

So Larry would manipulate an ad and or lie? I find that hard to believe even for him. EDP and others wouldn't take too kindly to that. LM is already on shaky ground with clubs and leagues
                              He stated that he manipulated his own posting

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X