Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any idea if it's true that the 06 NPL team is now mostly filled with 07 players? Talk about setting them up to fail.
    If you're talking about 06 girls NPL they don't have any 07's. They did lose a a few girls to DA and other clubs though, and replaced them with several Premier Blue players.

Comment

If you're talking about 06 girls NPL they don't have any 07's. They did lose a a few girls to DA and other clubs though, and replaced them with several Premier Blue players.
      Okay, thanks. I must have misunderstood what a fellow parent was telling me. In the past there was a U12 pre-NPL team but he thought that was gone and NPL caliber U12s were now playing up with the U13s. Glad that's not the case. Seems like no one would be benefitting. Maybe there is a a pre-NPL U12 still or maybe blue is their top level this year

Comment

Okay, thanks. I must have misunderstood what a fellow parent was telling me. In the past there was a U12 pre-NPL team but he thought that was gone and NPL caliber U12s were now playing up with the U13s. Glad that's not the case. Seems like no one would be benefitting. Maybe there is a a pre-NPL U12 still or maybe blue is their top level this year
        I wouldn't be totally surprised if a few '06's were going to play with the 05's NPL team. Not sure how many were going to be on their DA team, but that 06 team was quite good. And, the 05 group is their lightest group (in terms of # of teams).

Actually, 05 girls overall across the state is light. GPS 05 is a terrible team, Stars don't have one in NH at that group, and NEFC/WC is shortened team. Looking at NHSL, not a lot of teams and many are combined with older age groups.

Must've been something in the water in 2004/2005.....

Comment

Top Drawer Soccer released the honors for top players and not a single SUSC girl made the list for ECNL honors... but they are moving toward GDA. Just a money making venture for SUSC

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...blkU/htmlview#

Comment

Top Drawer Soccer released the honors for top players and not a single SUSC girl made the list for ECNL honors... but they are moving toward GDA. Just a money making venture for SUSC

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...blkU/htmlview#

So not a single girl represented from a league none of the girls are in?

That is shocking.

Comment

So not a single girl represented from a league none of the girls are in?

That is shocking.
              True! What a genius that poster is.... 😂

Comment

There is a 07 NPL team and a 06 NPL team this coming year. For the 07 NPL team, I don't know what's below them in terms of other teams. For the 06 NPL team, there is an 06 Premier Blue team below them.

Comment

I wouldn't be totally surprised if a few '06's were going to play with the 05's NPL team. Not sure how many were going to be on their DA team, but that 06 team was quite good. And, the 05 group is their lightest group (in terms of # of teams).

Actually, 05 girls overall across the state is light. GPS 05 is a terrible team, Stars don't have one in NH at that group, and NEFC/WC is shortened team. Looking at NHSL, not a lot of teams and many are combined with older age groups.

Must've been something in the water in 2004/2005.....
                  From what I've heard only one 06 NPL player went to DA. I wouldn't say that 06 team was "quite good" last year, they finished near the bottom of the league, but I would say they were "good", even though the results say otherwise. For this coming year I'm not sure they've improved. They lost players to DA and other clubs and brought in Premier Blue players to fill those spots. On the other hand I have heard that IS is coaching them, and he's arguably SUSC best coach, so that should help.

Comment

From what I've heard only one 06 NPL player went to DA. I wouldn't say that 06 team was "quite good" last year, they finished near the bottom of the league, but I would say they were "good", even though the results say otherwise. For this coming year I'm not sure they've improved. They lost players to DA and other clubs and brought in Premier Blue players to fill those spots. On the other hand I have heard that IS is coaching them, and he's arguably SUSC best coach, so that should help.
                    As long as the concentration is on records for 11-year old girls I’m always going to be on a different page. I don’t care what their record was, so much at that age is dependent on a single player, small goalie, etc.

I saw that 06 team and they were good.

Comment

There is a 07 NPL team and a 06 NPL team this coming year. For the 07 NPL team, I don't know what's below them in terms of other teams. For the 06 NPL team, there is an 06 Premier Blue team below them.
                      Ohhhh....I see! After talking to this dad I went on the site and there is no 07 NPL the listed, just premier blue and white, so maybe that's where he was getting info from. Sounds like the site just isn't updated. Thanks. My D is older but I'm always curious about the younger groups as i have a U little too.

Comment

First up BBA/Nefc for SCU

Hopefully the DA teams start practicing this week. Out of the gate DA gave us NEFC. Not their npl teams folks. Schedule is out on DA site.

Comment

OK so the first full run through of the youngest age group to join GDA (Now GAL) has completed with the 05 girls finishing their season this weekend.

For those who were there on Day 1, impressions? Good/bad? Worth it (can anyone say that...but different discussion I suppose)? Would you do it again?

Comment

DA is long gone. No one can do it again. Pointless necroposting.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                              DA is long gone. No one can do it again. Pointless necroposting.
                              Just curious. It was a hot topic and was divisive. I felt like it needed to run a cycle of players through to see the good and bad. And, yes, GAL had a much better approach so wondering how those who participated felt about it.

Comment

Went back to 2018, get a life!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X