Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all U.S. fans of the Premier League!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all U.S. fans of the Premier League!!

Hello everyone,

I'm doing some research for school on U.S. fans of EPL and what motivates you to follow the sport.

If anyone could just tell me their first name, age and where they're from and answer ANY of the of my questions below, it would be super helpful and very much appreciated.

Thanks!
    -Allison

1- How dedicated of a EPL fan are you? (Diehard, occasional follower, or in between) Explain.

2- Briefly, tell me the story of how you became a fan of EPL.

3- Do you have a favorite team/player…? Why did you choose to become a fan of your current team/player…? Was that a personal decision or was it influenced by friends/family?

5- What about EPL do you find most interesting and compelling?

6- Do you watch it on TV or in-person? Can you tell me how those experiences are different? How are they similar? - (If both) Which experience makes you feel closest to your team/player/sport? Why?

7- Describe your feelings/emotions while watching or following EPL. What’s the overall experience like in the heat of the moment? -Hypothetically speaking, if you weren’t able to follow EPL anymore - what would you miss most?

8- What keeps you interested/watching/coming back for more?

9- What has it added to your life? (personally, socially, etc.) Has it driven your mood, social life, vacation decisions, etc?

10- Do you feel like being a fan of EPL connects you to other people? How so? Why is that important?

11- Do your friends/family also follow EPL or do they follow other sports? - Do you think that sharing that connection to [EPL or a passion for sports, in general (if they don’t follow the same sport)] brings you closer together or further apart? Explain.

12- Tell me a story of your favorite "team"/player moment - What happened? How did you react? How did you feel?

13- Now tell me about a “lowest of low” team/player moment. - What happened? How did you react? How did you feel?

14- Do you think that experiencing the highs and lows of being a fan makes you feel closer to your team/player/EPL as a whole? Explain. - Why do they think you internalize these wins and losses so much?

15- In your opinion, what does it mean to be a sports fan, in general? What are the characteristics/associations?

Originally posted by AllisonRoth View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm doing some research for school on U.S. fans of EPL and what motivates you to follow the sport.

If anyone could just tell me their first name, age and where they're from and answer ANY of the of my questions below, it would be super helpful and very much appreciated.

Thanks!
    -Allison

1- How dedicated of a EPL fan are you? (Diehard, occasional follower, or in between) Explain.

2- Briefly, tell me the story of how you became a fan of EPL.

3- Do you have a favorite team/player…? Why did you choose to become a fan of your current team/player…? Was that a personal decision or was it influenced by friends/family?

5- What about EPL do you find most interesting and compelling?

6- Do you watch it on TV or in-person? Can you tell me how those experiences are different? How are they similar? - (If both) Which experience makes you feel closest to your team/player/sport? Why?

7- Describe your feelings/emotions while watching or following EPL. What’s the overall experience like in the heat of the moment? -Hypothetically speaking, if you weren’t able to follow EPL anymore - what would you miss most?

8- What keeps you interested/watching/coming back for more?

9- What has it added to your life? (personally, socially, etc.) Has it driven your mood, social life, vacation decisions, etc?

10- Do you feel like being a fan of EPL connects you to other people? How so? Why is that important?

11- Do your friends/family also follow EPL or do they follow other sports? - Do you think that sharing that connection to [EPL or a passion for sports, in general (if they don’t follow the same sport)] brings you closer together or further apart? Explain.

12- Tell me a story of your favorite "team"/player moment - What happened? How did you react? How did you feel?

13- Now tell me about a “lowest of low” team/player moment. - What happened? How did you react? How did you feel?

14- Do you think that experiencing the highs and lows of being a fan makes you feel closer to your team/player/EPL as a whole? Explain. - Why do they think you internalize these wins and losses so much?

15- In your opinion, what does it mean to be a sports fan, in general? What are the characteristics/associations?
    OMG!!! So many open ended questions! How old are you, ten? Is this for a fourth grade class? Tell your teacher to fill this all out and let us know how long it took her.

Comment

Working...
    X