Covid and Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hospitalization has zero to do with health effects? Hyperbole much?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hospitalization has zero to do with health effects? Hyperbole much?
      Meaning, one doesn't need to go to the hospital to have long term potentially debilitating health effects from Covid. Those that are banging the, "but hospitalizations are down," gong are conflating the two.

Comment

Meaning, one doesn't need to go to the hospital to have long term potentially debilitating health effects from Covid. Those that are banging the, "but hospitalizations are down," gong are conflating the two.
        I'm sorry, Cletus. That should read: getting the two mixed up.

Comment

Too many big words and confused yourself for a second?

Comment

Too many big words and confused yourself for a second?
            Lol, worried I confused you. And apparently I did! They say the same thing!

Comment

Most places aren’t even testing asymptomatic people (Washington is, fairly widely). No one can say there are long term effects from Covid among asymptomatic kids because, well, this disease has only been around for 9 months. Low hospitalization numbers are clearly a good thing.

What’s often conflated is positivity for the virus (SARS-Cov-2) and having the disease caused by the virus (Covid-19) (the password for this web page also gets that wrong, when it’s not asking for some indecipherable variation on 6 feet). Many people who contract the virus don’t get sick at all, and there’s no reason to believe they will have long term health effects (it’s conceivable, but pure speculation and generally seems to be considered very unlikely); it does, however, seem that at least some subset of non-sick people can spread the virus for some period after their initial infection. And many people who test positive for the virus and count as “cases” either never got the disease at all or are no longer infectious— with the settings they are used for many PCR tests, the test picks up long dead virus or possibly even strands of nucleic acid that aren’t even from the virus or misidentified background material (the NYT article from a few weeks back said this may be the case for up to 90% of positives results based on analyses from Professors at Harvard and Oxford). Yet they get lumped together with all other positives to keep our case count numbers at levels above the reopening triggers (and no one yet seems to have figured a way to focus public health resources principally on those positive results that are most dangerous).

Comment

Most places aren’t even testing asymptomatic people (Washington is, fairly widely). No one can say there are long term effects from Covid among asymptomatic kids because, well, this disease has only been around for 9 months. Low hospitalization numbers are clearly a good thing.

What’s often conflated is positivity for the virus (SARS-Cov-2) and having the disease caused by the virus (Covid-19) (the password for this web page also gets that wrong, when it’s not asking for some indecipherable variation on 6 feet). Many people who contract the virus don’t get sick at all, and there’s no reason to believe they will have long term health effects (it’s conceivable, but pure speculation and generally seems to be considered very unlikely); it does, however, seem that at least some subset of non-sick people can spread the virus for some period after their initial infection. And many people who test positive for the virus and count as “cases” either never got the disease at all or are no longer infectious— with the settings they are used for many PCR tests, the test picks up long dead virus or possibly even strands of nucleic acid that aren’t even from the virus or misidentified background material (the NYT article from a few weeks back said this may be the case for up to 90% of positives results based on analyses from Professors at Harvard and Oxford). Yet they get lumped together with all other positives to keep our case count numbers at levels above the reopening triggers (and no one yet seems to have figured a way to focus public health resources principally on those positive results that are most dangerous).
                Unfortunately, I know people that have gone through this and at least one has lung scarring, and according to their doctors, while it might get a bit better, its permanent. And yes, no one can say what the long term impacts are, the Kawasaki like symptoms some kids have had after getting sick (and appearing asymptomatic) being an example.

Also I have a different interpretation of the article. It's not that 90% of the people were never positive or infectious, just they aren't at the time of the test. Again, we don't know how much it takes to be infectious because we're still flying relatively blind against this thing.

Comment

Idiotic rhetoric.

Comment

Unfortunately, I know people that have gone through this and at least one has lung scarring, and according to their doctors, while it might get a bit better, its permanent. And yes, no one can say what the long term impacts are, the Kawasaki like symptoms some kids have had after getting sick (and appearing asymptomatic) being an example.

Also I have a different interpretation of the article. It's not that 90% of the people were never positive or infectious, just they aren't at the time of the test. Again, we don't know how much it takes to be infectious because we're still flying relatively blind against this thing.
                    So stay home and never go outdoors.

Comment

Agree

Comment

It's at times like these I think of one of my favorite verses:

For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

And you sir or madam are one giant member.

Seriously though, if we all started acting like Americans we could pull through this together. Wear a mask, look out for one another.

Comment

It's at times like these I think of one of my favorite verses:

For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

And you sir or madam are one giant member.

Seriously though, if we all started acting like Americans we could pull through this together. Wear a mask, look out for one another.
                          You shouldn’t have to worry about wearing a mask, you obviously are quarantining yourself and not having any interaction with the world. It’s jack-holes like yourself who feel that it’s ok to do something’s while wearing a mask (which I agree with) but then for some reason cant wrap your dense head around 10 year olds playing soccer outside. Im all for masks, and if uou think that is all that's necessary for protection, more power to you. Have the teenagers wear masks while playing soccer. Maybe that would comfort you.

Comment

You shouldn’t have to worry about wearing a mask, you obviously are quarantining yourself and not having any interaction with the world. It’s jack-holes like yourself who feel that it’s ok to do something’s while wearing a mask (which I agree with) but then for some reason cant wrap your dense head around 10 year olds playing soccer outside. Im all for masks, and if uou think that is all that's necessary for protection, more power to you. Have the teenagers wear masks while playing soccer. Maybe that would comfort you.
                            Lol, we're participating with the rest of our club. Safely, in pods. It's all about risk mitigation. I'm glad you agree with wearing masks. I'm bummed you're too stupid to keep up with the rest of the conversation, which until this point was fairly productive. Bless your heart, it's just so cute when you try to make a point.

Comment

Lol, we're participating with the rest of our club. Safely, in pods. It's all about risk mitigation. I'm glad you agree with wearing masks. I'm bummed you're too stupid to keep up with the rest of the conversation, which until this point was fairly productive. Bless your heart, it's just so cute when you try to make a point.
                              Just as everyone thought, hypocrisy. If you were sincere you’d be under a rock where you belong. Have fun in your pod. But since you are a hypocrite you will have ds/dd playing soccer.

It’s so easy to be a pompous as$ behind an anonymous message board. But we all know you are a loser in real life. Tired &itch!

Comment

Just as everyone thought, hypocrisy. If you were sincere you’d be under a rock where you belong. Have fun in your pod. But since you are a hypocrite you will have ds/dd playing soccer.

It’s so easy to be a pompous as$ behind an anonymous message board. But we all know you are a loser in real life. Tired &itch!
                                Caution, which is what most have been advocating for, is not hypocrisy. You seem to think that it's a binary choice between OMG PLANDEMIC and hiding under a rock. I think it's time you slink away and let the adults talk. Sad!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X