Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let's be honest, you're making it seem like there are 2 viable DA options on LI...there isn't. If you think ECNL isn't weighing and measuring the make-up, success and local geography of the market of clubs that apply, you're wrong.
    I agree. They like to put teams in close proximity so the complaining regarding travel is minimal. Plus I think they want the markets to push each other. ECNL lost a lot of top talent as far as teams and players. I'm not trying to be jerky and go GDA, but they did. There are teams that are ECNL now that I would have never expected would have had a chance prior to the GDA and loosing some top clubs altogether that picked GDA over ECNL.

It's a real mess out there. And, if the club has a boys team that is looking for ECNL status, too, I think they are really giving your application serious consideration. It's worth a shot. Good luck.

Comment

ECNL definitely is. But, LISC will be around at least another couple years. They started way behind the eight ball and Fury jumped all over any good player. USSDA knows this. There will be a lot of change next year and LISC will be much improved. And all that means is not the worst program in the NE. Empire already has that for this year anyway. So, ECNL will have to wait this out locally.

Can I see SUSA getting ECNL someday. I could. But, as the current situation is constituted, it makes no sense.
      Improved how? What has changed?

Comment

Hearing that USSDA will announce that the girls academy will launch a U13 age group addition for 2018/2019 season any day
        Any day as in any month?

Comment

I guess no u13 for next season?

Comment

I guess no u13 for next season?
            Maybe separate announcement regarding age group / years? Still no confirm regarding current year U 15 being standalone U16.

Comment

No Surf either, guess money can't buy everything. Larry not allowing the Surf question either after he shilled for them last year. Too much egg on his face after all the promises.

Comment

No Surf either, guess money can't buy everything. Larry not allowing the Surf question either after he shilled for them last year. Too much egg on his face after all the promises.
                That’s not true. Surf did get DAP. San Jose Surf on the boys side. NY Surf? I think Babylon Soccer Club has a better shot. Goes for ECNL as well.

Comment

Not so fast. Seems like U13 will be a pilot for some...

http://www.arlingtonsoccer.com/arlin...pment-academy/

Comment

Not so fast. Seems like U13 will be a pilot for some...

http://www.arlingtonsoccer.com/arlin...pment-academy/
                    I am curious if that is just in that region or will there be others. Anyone know?

Comment

I am curious if that is just in that region or will there be others. Anyone know?
                      U13 is the Pilot age group for the Atlantic and Frontier conferences only.

Comment

U13 is the Pilot age group for the Atlantic and Frontier conferences only.
                        Why would they have to have a pilot? Doesn’t really make any sense. They already have a U13 for BDA. Either do it or don’t.

Comment

Why would they have to have a pilot? Doesn’t really make any sense. They already have a U13 for BDA. Either do it or don’t.
                          But they're still working out many kinks in GDA and are in an ugly turf war with ECNL. I think it's better to test market it rather than bite off too much.

Comment

I am hearing that LISC is on probation this Spring. Any truth in that or just regular soccer rumors?

Comment

I am hearing that LISC is on probation this Spring. Any truth in that or just regular soccer rumors?
                              There's lots of rumors out there. Its tough to tell fact from fiction because both leagues are battling it out for talent and relevancy and are throwing shade on each other. LISC's poor performance is obvious even to the blind. But this early in the game and with USSF juggling many balls in the air (and under a new president) it's doubtful USSF is even paying attention. For certain they won't eject a club this early in the game. Not only does it send a message of "we didn't care about who we let into this league" but they also need to keep every club they can to maintain market share of players and geography.

Comment

I mean they let their players play in multiple leagues blatantly against DA rules

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X