Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Carding

I know you can dual card between US Club Soccer and US Youth Soccer Association teams because those are separate governing bodies. I'm looking for anyone who has had experience with dual carding within US Club Soccer.

US Club Soccer rules state the dual carding is allowed only in limited circumstances. But I also saw a club registrar post 'I am the US Club registrar for my soccer club and a player can be dual carded under the US Club umbrella. If the player's main club gives approval, a player can play on a second team outside the players main club in a league that is US Club sanctioned. For instance the player can play EDP with one team in one club and NYCSL with a team in another club.’ Has anyone had experience with this and can provide actual examples of it happening?

TIA

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know you can dual card between US Club Soccer and US Youth Soccer Association teams because those are separate governing bodies. I'm looking for anyone who has had experience with dual carding within US Club Soccer.

US Club Soccer rules state the dual carding is allowed only in limited circumstances. But I also saw a club registrar post 'I am the US Club registrar for my soccer club and a player can be dual carded under the US Club umbrella. If the player's main club gives approval, a player can play on a second team outside the players main club in a league that is US Club sanctioned. For instance the player can play EDP with one team in one club and NYCSL with a team in another club.’ Has anyone had experience with this and can provide actual examples of it happening?

TIA
    No experience but 1)in most cases clubs won't want you playing for another club. In their eyes you're playing for the competition and are also risking exhaustion and injury and will be of no use to them 2) you are risking exhaustion and injury.

If you want your kid to get extra touches then practice the backyard, play pickup games, if need be get some private training to work on specific things.

Comment

TIA
      I've worked with US Club for many years and I never heard of them allowing a player to be dual carded. The ONLY way they will allow it is if the club has academy status. This was just brought up at my club meeting and my registrar was very specific in this. NO DUAL CARDS ARE ALLOWED!

Comment

Seems like I hear an awful lot of kids playing for multiple teams. Usually one premier level and also their town team. I can't imagine an NPL team would be ok with one of their players playing EDP for another club and how they'd work out practice schedules is beyond me.

I think people get obsessed with having their kid play as much as possible but I think it should be more about practice than just jamming kids into competitive games. I cant think anything good would come from playing 3 games every weekend followed by f straight days of training. The incremental improvement gets washed away by all of the injuries that build up.

Comment

I am a registrar and I know the US Club people for our region. This is never granted. You will not be allowed.

Many clubs game the system by dupping players but if you get caught there could be harsh repercussions for all involved including both teams.

Comment

Seems like I hear an awful lot of kids playing for multiple teams. Usually one premier level and also their town team. I can't imagine an NPL team would be ok with one of their players playing EDP for another club and how they'd work out practice schedules is beyond me.

I think people get obsessed with having their kid play as much as possible but I think it should be more about practice than just jamming kids into competitive games. I cant think anything good would come from playing 3 games every weekend followed by f straight days of training. The incremental improvement gets washed away by all of the injuries that build up.
            Agreed. You always hear "get as many touches as you can" to develop, and you can get multiple times more in an 80 minute practice than in an 80 minute game (even if you play all 80 minutes). My son just started playing JV and they play 2-3 games a week meaning just 2 practice per week at which they're dead tired. Players will not develop their skills at all this season ... but they will develop their ability to focus and play hard for a sustained period of time.

Comment

Doubling up on town and premier usually only last a year, two most. Not only is it exhausting and stressful running all over the place, but the player gets less and less out of the town experience. Mine also got very frustrated with the weaker skill sets and lack of commitment from many of the his town teammates.

Comment

TIA
                Yes you can dual card - have dual carded between WYSL and NYCSL; NYCSL and EDP

Comment

Yes you can dual card - have dual carded between WYSL and NYCSL; NYCSL and EDP
                  Yes but has the player been carded with two different CLUBs ?
                  I think the point isn't that you can't be in two leagues, it's that you can't be with two different clubs.

Comment

How about NYCSL and CCSL?

Comment

I highly doubt it...CCSL is part of the NYCSL umbrella, all headed up by Gary Grossman. It would probably be viewed as trying to play for 2 clubs within NYCSL, which they have typically not allowed for individual players.

But, contact them -- the email address is right on the website.

Comment

You can never duel card for the same organization, EVER. BUT you can have duel cards to 2 separate organizations and its done often. For example NYCSL and LIJSL my son plays for his town team and plays for another club "Barca". No organization like NYCSL or especially LIJSL would ever let you get a card for 2 different teams in the same organization. NEVER HAPPEN.

Comment

You can never duel card for the same organization, EVER. BUT you can have duel cards to 2 separate organizations and its done often. For example NYCSL and LIJSL my son plays for his town team and plays for another club "Barca". No organization like NYCSL or especially LIJSL would ever let you get a card for 2 different teams in the same organization. NEVER HAPPEN.
                          It has happened before. My kid has been carded on 2 teams under NYCSL. One team had academy status which creates a loophole.

Comment

A US Club card is universal within a single club. Meaning you can play on all teams within the club at the same time in all US Club based leagues that your club has teams in.

US Youth cards are a little less flexible. There are ways to play for multiple teams within the club with the same card but it requires a bit more work. One example is LIJSL requiring you to get "club player passes" to play on multiple teams within the club.

You can however hold a US Club card for one club and a US Youth card for a different club. That is the traditional "dual-card" situation.

There are rare exceptions for very high level players participating in Academy programs to get US Club cards from two different clubs, but that doesn't apply to 99.99% of us.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X