Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It doesn't surprise me he couldn't get a job at any level for 4 years after getting fired at Syracuse. Players described him as creepy and grumpy. The administration had enough of him. He didn't help himself by stating to other staff that the only reason his boss, the African-American athletic director, got the job at Syracuse only because of his skin color. Ouch. Maybe it slipped out during one of his many drunken episodes after drinking but once the AD found out, that was the end of Farmer.
    He's been known in the past in the 80's and 90's here in NY as having a reputation for making racist "jokes" while drunk.

This was his record at Syracuse

2004, 8-9-2, Big East 2-7-1, 9th out of 12

2005, 4-12-4, 3-6-3, 8th place

2006, 4-12-3, 3-7-1, 12th place

2007, 7-8-4, 3-6-2, 12th place

23-41-13, .383, overall

11-26-7, .329, conference

Not good. Another failed tenure.

Comment

He's been known in the past in the 80's and 90's here in NY as having a reputation for making racist "jokes" while drunk.

This was his record at Syracuse

2004, 8-9-2, Big East 2-7-1, 9th out of 12

2005, 4-12-4, 3-6-3, 8th place

2006, 4-12-3, 3-7-1, 12th place

2007, 7-8-4, 3-6-2, 12th place

23-41-13, .383, overall

11-26-7, .329, conference

Not good. Another failed tenure.
      And now you are responding to yourself?

Someone else should lay off the sauce.

Again, what is the personal connection? If you are taking all of this time to respond, with anecdotes that no one but a very few people would or could know, it must be some doozy of a personal connection.

So that there is equal flow of information, my bias is pro Transylvania; I know someone that cares about the school and I am trying to figure out why you are continually trashing it; and please don’t say you are not - a coach is a representative of the school, much more than any administrator and most professors.

So go ahead, tell us, this is anonymous, why such a problem with farmer?

Comment

So I guess the Transylvania team did poorly this year? Not quite.

Sorry, the coach’s results do not fit your narrative. Again, you must have some history or a real axe to grind with this coach; no one cares or knows that much about some coach with a peripheral connection to soccer in this area. What is it?
        My connection is with Syracuse. Did the Kentucky school HR office and athletic director do a background check before hiring him? Seems like they do not know what happened before Syracuse at Tenn. Tech.? Do they know why he got fired at Cornell? Fired at Syracuse? Fired at Tenn. Tech. where he lasted one season, 9 months?

Comment

And now you are responding to yourself?

Someone else should lay off the sauce.

Again, what is the personal connection? If you are taking all of this time to respond, with anecdotes that no one but a very few people would or could know, it must be some doozy of a personal connection.

So that there is equal flow of information, my bias is pro Transylvania; I know someone that cares about the school and I am trying to figure out why you are continually trashing it; and please don’t say you are not - a coach is a representative of the school, much more than any administrator and most professors.

So go ahead, tell us, this is anonymous, why such a problem with farmer?
          So go ahead, tell us your connection? 75 year old coaching, drinking buddy of his? Or his son?

Comment

So go ahead, tell us your connection? 75 year old coaching, drinking buddy of his? Or his son?
            ? I already told you, an attenuated relationship to current school.

Regarding your questions, you are the one that seems to have all of the insider information, no idea if background checks were done by any school prior to hiring.

What would you find? Just do a search, nothing scandalous about any of his tenures anywhere; maybe they should have called you.

He did not do so well at Syracuse but his results are consistent with what came immediately before him, and since, at that program (they seem to have been pretty good in the late 90s).

Isn't the Tennessee Tech question and statement a little unfair, didn't he did leave TT after one season to go to Syracuse?

Comment

500 lbs? Your estimation abilities need some serious work.
              I saw him a a few years ago with the Western NY odp. Maybe not 500 but close within range. He can barely walk, couldnt bend over to pick up cones, didn't look good, it was a struggle for him. I was also surprised to hear he was still coaching after Cornell.

Comment

My connection is with Syracuse. Did the Kentucky school HR office and athletic director do a background check before hiring him? Seems like they do not know what happened before Syracuse at Tenn. Tech.? Do they know why he got fired at Cornell? Fired at Syracuse? Fired at Tenn. Tech. where he lasted one season, 9 months?
                What happened in Tennessee Tech? Where was he before Tennesee Tech?

Comment

What happened in Tennessee Tech? Where was he before Tennesee Tech?
                  One season, 9-11-0 record, 3-6-0 record in OVC league standings, 6th out of 9 teams, was terminated for detrimental conduct towards players (i.e. bullying, verbal abuse etc.)

Comment

One season, 9-11-0 record, 3-6-0 record in OVC league standings, 6th out of 9 teams, was terminated for detrimental conduct towards players (i.e. bullying, verbal abuse etc.)
                    Who cares. Stop your crying and get off the internet for a bit.

Comment

Record correct; everything else 100% untrue.

Comment

We are farmers da Dudu da du 🎼🎼

You know what I mean?

Comment

We are farmers da Dudu da du 🎼🎼

You know what I mean?
                          Hey that was my joke early on the thread !!!

Comment

Hey that was my joke early on the thread !!!
                            you said "we got" its "we are".............know your jingles please hhaha

Comment

Poster may be confused with other firings of other places there has been so many. As a former DOC and girls club coach in Jersey myself, Farmer should not be allowed near any girls or women. When you get caught by the college you were at the time going to a strip club to look at naked women, I draw the line there.

Comment

Poster may be confused with other firings of other places there has been so many. As a former DOC and girls club coach in Jersey myself, Farmer should not be allowed near any girls or women. When you get caught by the college you were at the time going to a strip club to look at naked women, I draw the line there.
                                Do you not like naked women?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X