05 Prime ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to hear from one parent - just one - whose daughter got a full ride at a good division one school and who played all four years. I just don't see it. They give scholarships to football and basketball players because of the financial return to the school. Looking at these posts, none of these parents have been involved in the actual process, or have successfully managed to get a kid through a division one program. Play DA and ECNL if you want your kid to have a chance to play better competition, but the rest of this - full rides to the school of your choice, etc. - is just baloney.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I would love to hear from one parent - just one - whose daughter got a full ride at a good division one school and who played all four years. I just don't see it. They give scholarships to football and basketball players because of the financial return to the school. Looking at these posts, none of these parents have been involved in the actual process, or have successfully managed to get a kid through a division one program. Play DA and ECNL if you want your kid to have a chance to play better competition, but the rest of this - full rides to the school of your choice, etc. - is just baloney.
      Not one person in this thread has said they are hoping for a full ride. Not one. Enough of this fake news.

Comment

It is true no one on this post was talking about scholarships, but since you brought it up, I will comment. I was just at a division one soccer game this past weekend and there were several senior women soccer players (4 year players) present in the game, so obviously some do make it 4 years. Can you provide statistics for the rate of dropout?

Comment

We will be leaving ECNL team to play FPL. The travel we have done this year is unsustainable. I also think completely unnecessary for a State like Florida.
          I agree, I think the driving/flying all over the Southeast (Georgia, Alabama) is unnecessary, and not a good use of time for kids who then lose out on school time, studying. Not to mention the costs involved with all of this. I agree that there is more than enough talent in the state to have games remain local, reduce travel time, and still have competitive games. To be honest, I've seen ECNL teams compete with non-ECNL teams and tournaments, and its not like they don't lose games to these other teams or their not competitive, so I am not sure why ECNL feels their competition is superior, when it seems there are many teams outside of the league that can compete. Save these young kids time, travel, money, allow them to have a life outside of soccer a little. But, it's all about money I realize, so its not going anywhere. If there was some rational head of soccer in the state, Florida would combine all leagues into one, creating divisions 1-4, eliminating need for ECNL, FPL, FSPL, GCF, NFYSL, etcetera. That would mean these companies lose money, so it's never happening.

Comment

I find this whole thing very interesting. Pines, Weston and Sunrise are clearly teaming up to force out Prime. I bet they are now gonna try to make Weston an ECNL club as well (in addition to keeping DA). 1st team plays DA, 2nd team, ECNL. Prime is gonna have a tough time if that is the case but the writing is clearly on the wall with what Jerome is putting together at Weston.
            Weston should focus on trying to beat IMG 😂

Comment

Weston should focus on trying to beat IMG 😂
              They did 9-0 and 8-0 in consecutive weeks. Could you imagine what the score would be if they played Prime. Damn cuz. We are talking 18-0.

Comment

They did 9-0 and 8-0 in consecutive weeks. Could you imagine what the score would be if they played Prime. Damn cuz. We are talking 18-0.
                They played Braden River Region cup team, congrats. They other teams that played IMG lost all 3 games 😂

Comment

They played Braden River Region cup team, congrats. They other teams that played IMG lost all 3 games 😂
                  The first weekend Weston was 2-1-1 vs IMG. The second weekend they were 1-3. Your information is incorrect.

Comment

The first weekend Weston was 2-1-1 vs IMG. The second weekend they were 1-3. Your information is incorrect.
                    ok thanks

Comment

ok thanks
                      Anytime. All you gotta do is ask. I will be here.

Comment

How do you lose 6-1 then win 2-0 against the same team

Makes no sense???

Comment

Makes no sense???
                          They bring guest players. Been doing it all year.

Comment

Nope same

Comment

^^^^ truth. A girl on my daughters team guest plays sometimes.

Comment

The center back is something special....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X