Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I wonder why people care if a coach leaves a club on their own or if they are asked to leave. I think the more important question is: Should young developing players follow a coach for their entire youth soccer career? Can they work with other coaches or is this an issue? If it is, and you have more than one player that falls into this scenario you need to look at the larger picture.
    WHAT...if they are asked to leave I want to know, wouldn’t you....

Comment

I wonder why people care if a coach leaves a club on their own or if they are asked to leave. I think the more important question is: Should young developing players follow a coach for their entire youth soccer career? Can they work with other coaches or is this an issue? If it is, and you have more than one player that falls into this scenario you need to look at the larger picture.
      Not sure what you are getting at.

If a coach is essentially fired I’d want to know. They are in charge of children after all

As for following a coach - that’s idiotic. Coach will do whats best for coach. Messages get stale and different styles are needed. At some point you’ll have a different coach and will struggle because you aren’t used to a different message

Comment

Not sure what you are getting at.

If a coach is essentially fired I’d want to know. They are in charge of children after all

As for following a coach - that’s idiotic. Coach will do whats best for coach. Messages get stale and different styles are needed. At some point you’ll have a different coach and will struggle because you aren’t used to a different message
        Yes it's good to have different coaches. But, following a coach to another club can be beneficial if 1) there's issues at the current club or team that isn't allowing the coach to implement his preferred methods 2) if the next coach will be much worse 3) the club they're moving to is even better than the current one with many quality coaches, so that a year from now getting another coach is also good for the player. No hard and fast rules, but following one that has been fired? No, never.

Comment

Of course, you realize the Stars ECNL and NPL teams (which is on par with the ECNL team) have several NH girls on their teams. Add in a few from Seacoast, and a few more from NEFC or GPS possibly and, yes, you would have an excellent team. So, there is talent but it's diluted.
          People choose teams with more exposure such as ECNL in Massachusetts. NH does have the talent and just as NH talent heads south for these teams, Massachusetts talent and Maine would head to NH if an ECNL team were available in the state.

Comment

People choose teams with more exposure such as ECNL in Massachusetts. NH does have the talent and just as NH talent heads south for these teams, Massachusetts talent and Maine would head to NH if an ECNL team were available in the state.
            That's the frustrating part of this. Many would've gladly gone to ECNL if the ECNL mafia would've let another club in. They didn't, so many are forced to either travel too far for practices, or sign up for DA which has it's warts.

As long as ECNL is the top league in New England, and member clubs control everything about it, it will always be too exclusionary for many to participate in.

Comment

Yes it's good to have different coaches. But, following a coach to another club can be beneficial if 1) there's issues at the current club or team that isn't allowing the coach to implement his preferred methods 2) if the next coach will be much worse 3) the club they're moving to is even better than the current one with many quality coaches, so that a year from now getting another coach is also good for the player. No hard and fast rules, but following one that has been fired? No, never.
              When you start following coaches around, you are only getting one message and if that message isn't one that's held by all, you are isolating the player. Like SM, who is burning bridges all over New England. Following him around is risky, as once he sees an opportunity in East Cowbunk, Idaho, he's taking it.

Comment

That's the frustrating part of this. Many would've gladly gone to ECNL if the ECNL mafia would've let another club in. They didn't, so many are forced to either travel too far for practices, or sign up for DA which has it's warts.

As long as ECNL is the top league in New England, and member clubs control everything about it, it will always be too exclusionary for many to participate in.
                I agree. ECNL should expand into northern New England. Lots of untapped talent and it would just grow in VT/NH/ME. They are foolish to leave such a vast area without a reasonable option.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X