• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

region 4

what happened to the section ?

Originally posted by SSC-Fan View Post
    what happened to the section ?
    I'm wondering the same thing. It was working late yesterday afternoon. I thought maybe they were requiring people to be registered but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Comment

It was probably due to all the negative comments about the bitter scwable over the OPL vs. OYSA thing.

It would be nice if only those that register can post and their email addresses were visible to everyone. That might slow some down if their "ghost like appearance" was broken.

I just started poking around here a couple of days ago and thought (*WOW*) are these actually grown ups posting this stuff ? How long will this site stand for the type of comments being spoken ?

From what I could tell it was mostly about girls (under 16) teams.

Comment

Registration should be required

I agree with the previous two postings, although a visible email is not necessary. So long as the site requires a fixed user registration linked to a specific email (like the Washington Premier Soccer site does) than the site administrator has a recourse to prohibit those who use this forum just to bash others because THEY think its funny. I hope Talking-Soccer is able to do accommodate this request.

When the site was used correctly with registered users discussing youth soccer in a positive light, this forum was a great resource for news and reviews of what was taking place in Oregon soccer. In fact, given what has transpired over the past 2 months, I'd say Oregon & SW Washington Soccer needs this site more than ever.

Comment

Sodium

Since Region 4 is missing for the time being I thought I would post an update on team Sodium. They lost to Nevada 1 - 0. Nevada scored in first minute.

I hope we can get the site up and running again quickly. I do agree with the prior and ask for a request from the site to mandate everyone is registered. Yes, I know I am unregistered. Lets call it just lazy on my part.

Comment

Oregon Region IV Finalist

looks like the following oregon teams are in the Regional Finals.

WSM u14 Boys
            esufc u18 boys
            wsm u19 boys

hopefully i did not miss anyone. congrats to all teams

Comment

We stayed til yesterday and had to head back to Portland. I spoke to a U14 WSM dad today about the games. He said the boys played with a "bigger heart". The CS team had way better skills, but they played closer marks and with greater intensity to win.

He said that the WA/CN game was marked with 5 red cards (the best he could tell). So WA Crossfire might be a distinct disadvantage tomorrow with those boys missing from the game, plus the 2 missing WSM boys that were at the national camp are flying tonite for the BIG game.

Go Metros

Comment

I would really like to see Region IV returned to the forum. Has there been any discussion from the moderators or administrators as to why? And when it might be restored?

Comment

Originally posted by SodiumFan[2] View Post
                  I would really like to see Region IV returned to the forum. Has there been any discussion from the moderators or administrators as to why? And when it might be restored?
                  I started this thread and sent a message to the mods in hopes of learning why it was removed and if it will return. No answer as of yet.

Comment

re: region 4

It's weird but it seems that you cannot access region 4 unless you login. Whenever I click on my bookmark for region 4 I get a screen saying,

"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                    You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
                    You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

There are input fields below and if I log in with my credentials, I get access to region 4 and the Oregon page.

Strange that there was no notice of this change. It could be inadvertent, but then maybe not...

Comment

I found the link as well

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        It's weird but it seems that you cannot access region 4 unless you login. Whenever I click on my bookmark for region 4 I get a screen saying,

"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                        You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
                        You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                        If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

There are input fields below and if I log in with my credentials, I get access to region 4 and the Oregon page.

Strange that there was no notice of this change. It could be inadvertent, but then maybe not...
                        Wow. What's the URL of your bookmark? I would like to try and access it because even when I'm logged in I can't seem to find it. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Region 4 link

Try:

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Comment

Working...
                          X