Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls club teams

What is the best club Team wit better coaches for 04, 05, 06 girls? New here from TX

The best 2004-6 teams and coaches will not be in RI. They will be Massachusetts clubs: FC Stars ECNL, NEFC DA, Scorpions ECNL and South Shore Select DA.

Once you drop down from ECNL and DA, it's a crap shoot in terms of club and coach quality in NPL and NEP. If your kid is an 04/05, at this point she needs to be an absolute impact player to even be considered joining one of the above mentioned teams mid-season. They all have 18-22 rostered players... best bet is to look for a decent NPL team to try and join now and then try out for the better teams as you get closer to June.

Comment

At that age the coach should be of small significance when choosing the team, you should be looking to find the best team fit for your daughter(s). Reach out to all the RI clubs and see if your daughter can come to a few practices. If she is standing out in that environment you can then consider the drive to MA. NEFC, GPS, and Bayside all have good teams and coaches at that age.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        What is the best club Team wit better coaches for 04, 05, 06 girls? New here from TX
        Older Serious players: 04, 05, 06, 07
        South Shore Select DA
        FC Stars ECNL
        NEFC DA

Players younger : 08, 09, 10, 11
        Liverpool FC (up and coming in R.I. great coaches and development)
        South Shore Select (mostly girls, good environment positive)
        NEFC central (talented younger crew, competitive)

Comment

Older Serious players: 04, 05, 06, 07
          South Shore Select DA
          FC Stars ECNL
          NEFC DA

Players younger : 08, 09, 10, 11
          Liverpool FC (up and coming in R.I. great coaches and development)
          South Shore Select (mostly girls, good environment positive)
          NEFC central (talented younger crew, competitive)
          I haven't kept up with what's going on with them, but didn't Rams have some good girls' teams at one point? Actually, what's even happened to that club? I know of some boys who I think still play there, but it seems like it's "club-lite" or kind of a South County all-star-ish "town-plus" kind of place to be.

Comment

I haven't kept up with what's going on with them, but didn't Rams have some good girls' teams at one point? Actually, what's even happened to that club? I know of some boys who I think still play there, but it seems like it's "club-lite" or kind of a South County all-star-ish "town-plus" kind of place to be.
            Liverpool? LOL

Bayside and NEFC SE do a good job developing players at the younger ages. The transition from U11 to U12 you have to consider higher pathways. Possibly Scorpions ECNL or NEFC for DA (girls). Bayside is awesome for the boys good enough to make Revs Academy team.

Liverpool? SMH

Comment

Liverpool? LOL

Bayside and NEFC SE do a good job developing players at the younger ages. The transition from U11 to U12 you have to consider higher pathways. Possibly Scorpions ECNL or NEFC for DA (girls). Bayside is awesome for the boys good enough to make Revs Academy team.

Liverpool? SMH
              NEFC yes. FC Stars yes, Bayside no development.

Comment

NEFC yes. FC Stars yes, Bayside no development.
                Just two of the last three homegrown players for the revs lol Bayside doesn't do bad for a smaller club

Liverpool - You just have to look at their coaching staff
                NEFC - Decent job overall with their top teams, lower teams / regional teams are a lottery
                Bruno - Some good teams but they've sadly been on the slide
                Stars / SSS - great clubs but it is a good commute

Comment

Just two of the last three homegrown players for the revs lol Bayside doesn't do bad for a smaller club

Liverpool - You just have to look at their coaching staff
                  NEFC - Decent job overall with their top teams, lower teams / regional teams are a lottery
                  Bruno - Some good teams but they've sadly been on the slide
                  Stars / SSS - great clubs but it is a good commute
                  I have a kid in Liverpool with a great coach. The problem is Liverpool hasn’t updated their website so all the coaches aren’t listed but during Futsal I realized we have many more good coaches again just not listed.
                  Bayside is growing and 2008 girls good team.
                  SSS not in RI an hour drive from Prov have been to their camps and very well run. Teams doing great and parents happy.
                  Don’t know about Bruno or Seacoast but those are others.
                  I heard GPS has problems.

Comment

I have a kid in Liverpool with a great coach. The problem is Liverpool hasn’t updated their website so all the coaches aren’t listed but during Futsal I realized we have many more good coaches again just not listed.
                    Bayside is growing and 2008 girls good team.
                    SSS not in RI an hour drive from Prov have been to their camps and very well run. Teams doing great and parents happy.
                    Don’t know about Bruno or Seacoast but those are others.
                    I heard GPS has problems.
                    Oh meant to also say NEFC 2011 girls are awesome. 2010 girls getting stronger.
                    I think soccer in RI is becoming better for boys and girls.
                    Lots of passionate soccer coaches, parents and players.
                    In the end when looking for a club though, look at the coach, every club listed in this thread has some great coaches but also weak or ego driven coaches.

Comment

Since this post is about 04, 05, 06 girls I recommend driving the hour to SSS.
                      In RI the younger girls clubs are all gaining strides (basically the clubs all like to say they are the best...but they are about the same.) and will likely be great players as they get older. 2009, 2010, 2011 club teams are pretty equal and looks like all of the clubs are offering more opportunities for development. I think the older girls (like your are asking) didn't get the same training so head to SSS.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X