X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steal

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here's my parental understanding of what is going on...

Rich Lewis was running the SoccerPlus Stars. All of us agree that that Lewis is an absolute disaster of a coach (he SHOULD NOT be coaching young kids), and SoccerPlus (and us parents) wanted him out after this season. So Lewis did what other unscrupulous people have done (last year it was John Salvatore with Soccer Extreme and Western United) and decided to attempt to steal the players and create a new CFC branch (sort of CFC Alliance of evil). (Lewis started recruiting people to leave SoccerPlus during the season while he was getting paid by SoccerPlus.)

The Stars U11 (arguably the best group of U11s in CT) will continue to be a SoccerPlus team, and we’ll eventually feed into the SoccerPlus ECNL teams at U13 or U14.
    Actually, I don't think Western United would have ever worked. why would kids from the Western United area of operation want to drive up to soccer+ for practice at such a young age. Soccer+ is the one who actually stole some U13 players by telling them they could start on the U14 ECNL team. So a few parents/kids got seduced into playing on a team that I believe lost 14 out of 16 games in ECNL play. But guess what, "they got to play up".

Was Rich successful in stealing U11 players? If "all" of you agree he is horrible and "all" the parents wanted him out, it will be interesting to see how many are at the try out and how many end up on the Alliance roster. I gues we will find out this weekend.

I don't have a horse in this race, so I consider myself Switzerland on this issue, but I find it interesting that nobody likes the guy and everyone wanted him gone and know they are upset he is with CFC. If my company didn't want me, I would probably look at similiar jobs at other companies. If I had good employees and needed to fill jobs in my new role, I would probably look at talent from my old place of employment. Guess that is ok in everything except soccer. Personally, I don't find it as bad as you are making it out to be

Comment

Swiss

Actually, I don't think Western United would have ever worked. why would kids from the Western United area of operation want to drive up to soccer+ for practice at such a young age. Soccer+ is the one who actually stole some U13 players by telling them they could start on the U14 ECNL team. So a few parents/kids got seduced into playing on a team that I believe lost 14 out of 16 games in ECNL play. But guess what, "they got to play up".

Was Rich successful in stealing U11 players? If "all" of you agree he is horrible and "all" the parents wanted him out, it will be interesting to see how many are at the try out and how many end up on the Alliance roster. I gues we will find out this weekend.

I don't have a horse in this race, so I consider myself Switzerland on this issue, but I find it interesting that nobody likes the guy and everyone wanted him gone and know they are upset he is with CFC. If my company didn't want me, I would probably look at similiar jobs at other companies. If I had good employees and needed to fill jobs in my new role, I would probably look at talent from my old place of employment. Guess that is ok in everything except soccer. Personally, I don't find it as bad as you are making it out to be
      Recruiting players to another club, in season? While getting paid? That's not bad enough for you?! You really are Switzerland - circa 1940.

I'm just a little suspicious of the narrative. A good team that was winning. A coach everyone hates. Who thinks he'd do better recruiting the families (who hate him) to another club. Something's not quite right...

SP has had enough lame "strategic partnerships" to make me question whether anyone is driving the bus over there. Desperate organizations do desperate things - like hire scumbag coaches just because they can bring in a few warm (paying) bodies. SP is plutonium - Western United got too close and immediately blew up. Would love to hear if anyone else has a description of whats going down with the SP Stars.

Comment

The sole fact that this guy S. Lewis will be the owner/director/coach of CFC franchise is a complete embarrassment for SC & all of CFC Nation. Does SC complete background checks on his coaches? (not the CJSA one) All you have to do is talk to this guy for 5 min and you know something is not right. How could you want this guy associated with your brand? I understand he has 1 good team but how does that justify you allowing him to expand your organization? Seems like if you have a decent team and have access to a field you can have your own CFC branch too!

Anyone who has ever dealt with this guy knows something is seriously wrong with him. I have seen him verbally abuse an opposing female manager, as well as, text on his cell phone for an entire game giving no instruction to his players whatsoever. To end the season on a high note this past weekend he benched girls on his U11 S+ for most of the game. The reason he benched them? They were not signed up for CFC tryouts. As our team got dominated by the opposing team he sat with his legs crossed sipping coffee, played with his daughter and texted on his phone.

This guy knows as much as my left nut about soccer and hopefully no one will show up at his tryouts. I know we won't be attending!

Comment

Swiss

Recruiting players to another club, in season? While getting paid? That's not bad enough for you?! You really are Switzerland - circa 1940.

I'm just a little suspicious of the narrative. A good team that was winning. A coach everyone hates. Who thinks he'd do better recruiting the families (who hate him) to another club. Something's not quite right...

SP has had enough lame "strategic partnerships" to make me question whether anyone is driving the bus over there. Desperate organizations do desperate things - like hire scumbag coaches just because they can bring in a few warm (paying) bodies. SP is plutonium - Western United got too close and immediately blew up. Would love to hear if anyone else has a description of whats going down with the SP Stars.
          I hear you, but I am really Swiss in this one.
          For one, Soccer+ letting him continue to coach if he is actively recruiting for another club makes them look desperate for his services and makes them look dysfunctional. If everyone knew it, how could TD not know it? He should have removed him immediatley, even if it meanthe still had to pay him to avoid a wrongfull termination lawsuit.

I will hold off judgement until I see how many families follow him. If the good majority do, then I would say the rant about him is questionable unless all the famlies are just flat out blind to his antics.

Hopefully SC does some due diligence. The Soccer Extreme coaches and John Salvatore seem to be good additions to CFC. I haven't seen any rants about their coaching from U11-U13 teams that they brought over to CFC. The results on the field at U12 and U13 (both state cup finalists) seem to imply that either the best Western kids stayed with the coaches and went to CFC or they have done a hell of a job coaching the worst girls and the new girls that they picked up at their first try out or a bit of both. Not sure I would draw a parallel to that situation. Again, perhaps I am wrong on that one, but haven't seen smoke let alone fire on that one.

Comment

The Stars U11 (arguably the best group of U11s in CT) will continue to be a SoccerPlus team, and we’ll eventually feed into the SoccerPlus ECNL teams at U13 or U14.
            side question.... How did S+ land a competitive youth team? S+ has been getting crushed with the exception of the older team that started in the FSA arena so where did they pull in some youth talent? Did they develop a new strategy or location to feed in young players? Apparently they werent coached into the skills. Or, is this a one off where 5 youth players in a neighborhood got good playing with one of the dads in the culdesac.

Comment

I think I know how

side question.... How did S+ land a competitive youth team? S+ has been getting crushed with the exception of the older team that started in the FSA arena so where did they pull in some youth talent? Did they develop a new strategy or location to feed in young players? Apparently they werent coached into the skills. Or, is this a one off where 5 youth players in a neighborhood got good playing with one of the dads in the culdesac.
              They read the Dicicco Method, available on the Soccerplus website and store, discount available to all Soccer+ paying customers. It gives you everything you need to know on ow to become a good player on a poor ecnl team. It has a special bonus section that talks about how to make strategic alliances.

Comment

Oh snap!

They read the Dicicco Method, available on the Soccerplus website and store, discount available to all Soccer+ paying customers. It gives you everything you need to know on ow to become a good player on a poor ecnl team. It has a special bonus section that talks about how to make strategic alliances.
                I just realized the face job SC put on TD... CFC *Alliance*. He nabs the only feeder S+ has at the moment and then names the thing "Alliance". The only way it could have been more obvious is if they named it "CFC Strategic Alliance" or "CFC Suck It SoccerPlus".

Dude's mean.

Comment

Another branch!?@$!?

Riche lewis? Doesn't he coach for soccerplusct.

Train at star hill in tolland? Doesn't soccerplusct train out of there

What the heck? Wouldnt it be easier for soccerplusct to throw in the towel and become cfcalliancesoccerplusazzurisambaimpactcandlewoodar senalwolves
                  Rumor is that the only team RL had (u11 girls) choose to stay with soccerplus and no one else was dumb enough to be show up at tryouts to be apart of this new joke of a cfc branch. Guess the cfc name isn't bringing the #'s like it use too.

Comment

That rumor is incorrect. He now has a U13 boys team ready to go.

Comment

The U13 boys team is essentially the team he's been coaching for years, long before that SP girls team was assembled.

Comment

Chicago Way

The U13 boys team is essentially the team he's been coaching for years, long before that SP girls team was assembled.
                        So is it the concensus that CFC has FAILED to rip out S+'s still-beating heart by bringing over this rising U12 group that some claim can run with Oakwood, Arsenal and Extreme?

Perhaps the new management from Western United applied some of the lessons learned from the Extreme breakup. Present a credible plan backed by solid coaching and secured venues right away rather than vague promises that everything will work out. And, of course, greenmail to key families who can get others to come along. If the new S+ management is willing to play hardball maybe there is hope for CT's other ECNL representative.

SCP, are you taking notes?

Comment

Dose of Reality

Anthony DiCicco mismanaged the organization and ran it into the ground. Twelve SoccerPlus coaches left SoccerPlus because they were not getting paid. SoccerPlus owes money to 20 coaches. In addition, they also owe money to 3 towns where the played outdoor games as well as an indoor facility in the Northeast. The new CEO, John Bergstrom, is a stand up guy and he's doing the best he can to sort out the mess that was created by Anthony DiCicco.

Lewis was hired by SoccerPlus to open the Northeast branch (SoccerPlus Stars) 3 years ago. He started with 7 girls and built the team to 16 players. His U11 Girls Team won the U11 CJSA Premier Division in Fall 2011 and Spring 2012. They played 2 friendlies against Oakwood last spring and 1 tournament game. They lost twice (1-0 and 9-2) and won once (4-2).

11 out of 16 of the U11 Girls (now U12) showed up for CFC Alliance try-outs. There were a couple of crazy parents who did not like the coach and they banded together and did not come to try-outs. In addition, the new SoccerPlus coach (who's daughter also plays for the team) did not come to try-outs. Only 3 players from SoccerPlus made the transition to CFC Alliance; the rest stayed at SoccerPlus because they wanted to play with their friends. In addition, SoccerPlus made promises to the parents that the SoccerPlus Stars would be an ECNL team in a few years. Best of luck to them.

Lewis also brought his Coventry Boys team over to SoccerPlus two years ago and they also won the U11 Premier League in Spring 2011 and they also beat both Oakwood U11 Boys Teams. This spring, the Coventry Boys also won the Connecticut Cup. Naturally, the team followed him to CFC Alliance.

CFC Alliance has 7 teams and just over 100 players. They've hired quality coaches with Division I backgrounds who have coached at the Premier Level for years. They are off to a great start.

In addition to the 3 U11 Girls players who followed him from SoccerPlus Stars, Lewis picked up 12 more players for CFC Alliance U12 Girls. It might take him some time, but the CFC Alliance U12 girls will be just as competitive as SoccerPlus Stars U12 Girls. The U11 Premier League is not the best test. It is doubtful that either team will be at the top of the U12 chart this year. It will be interesting to see which team has a better record this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            anthony dicicco mismanaged the organization and ran it into the ground. Twelve soccerplus coaches left soccerplus because they were not getting paid. Soccerplus owes money to 20 coaches. In addition, they also owe money to 3 towns where the played outdoor games as well as an indoor facility in the northeast. The new ceo, john bergstrom, is a stand up guy and he's doing the best he can to sort out the mess that was created by anthony dicicco.

Lewis was hired by soccerplus to open the northeast branch (soccerplus stars) 3 years ago. He started with 7 girls and built the team to 16 players. His u11 girls team won the u11 cjsa premier division in fall 2011 and spring 2012. They played 2 friendlies against oakwood last spring and 1 tournament game. They lost twice (1-0 and 9-2) and won once (4-2).

11 out of 16 of the u11 girls (now u12) showed up for cfc alliance try-outs. There were a couple of crazy parents who did not like the coach and they banded together and did not come to try-outs. In addition, the new soccerplus coach (who's daughter also plays for the team) did not come to try-outs. Only 3 players from soccerplus made the transition to cfc alliance; the rest stayed at soccerplus because they wanted to play with their friends. In addition, soccerplus made promises to the parents that the soccerplus stars would be an ecnl team in a few years. Best of luck to them.

Lewis also brought his coventry boys team over to soccerplus two years ago and they also won the u11 premier league in spring 2011 and they also beat both oakwood u11 boys teams. This spring, the coventry boys also won the connecticut cup. Naturally, the team followed him to cfc alliance.

Cfc alliance has 7 teams and just over 100 players. They've hired quality coaches with division i backgrounds who have coached at the premier level for years. They are off to a great start.

In addition to the 3 u11 girls players who followed him from soccerplus stars, lewis picked up 12 more players for cfc alliance u12 girls. It might take him some time, but the cfc alliance u12 girls will be just as competitive as soccerplus stars u12 girls. The u11 premier league is not the best test. It is doubtful that either team will be at the top of the u12 chart this year. It will be interesting to see which team has a better record this spring.
                            rl your a joke

Comment

rl your a joke
                              Thanks Anthony!

Comment

Why does beating Oakwood matter? How did they do against good CFC teams or FSA?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X