Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, clubs being able to create elite identities based on league affiliations simply causes problems like US Club Soccer creating a ole boys network and a league. Here, clubs get together and decide to form a league, call it elite and then competing clubs do the same thing.

It fractures the environment. Find your niche and stick with it.
    I agree with all this, except I would add promotion and relegation for teams/clubs. If you are really good, you should be able to move up the levels. Or if you're bad, move down. Much more transparency.

Comment

I agree with all this, except I would add promotion and relegation for teams/clubs. If you are really good, you should be able to move up the levels. Or if you're bad, move down. Much more transparency.
      The problem with Promotion relegation is that it can't be club based and only team based. I just think that a local club needs to just accept that is what they are and their job is to place kids, not teams into the regional club next door. We are already to team focused in terms of developing and not player focused.

If a player is really good at the local level the badge of honor should be the player moving up a level to another club and not the team moving up a level. When teams have a chance to be promoted coaches generally will do what is in the best interest of the team, the coach and the club over the interest of the player.

Also, once clubs move up the costs change. It is better to just have a stable pyramid that can control costs because there is "certainty" in predictable costs like travel.

You are a local club that has many teams and accept that. Good players move, teams don't. Costs stay sustainable and a true pyramid develops.

Comment

Ok, you've convinced me! Actually your system would reward lower tier clubs, because if they have a lot of players move up, they would get bragging rights. And you are right it would incentivize the clubs to develop players and not winning teams at the expense of individual development.

Comment

Ok, you've convinced me! Actually your system would reward lower tier clubs, because if they have a lot of players move up, they would get bragging rights. And you are right it would incentivize the clubs to develop players and not winning teams at the expense of individual development.
          This is an internet first! Nothing snarky. Civil discussion and changed minds.

Comment

Right, perhaps if clubs could market how many of their kids move up to higher levels instead of how many gotsoccer points they achieved we'd be better off. Politics would become a problem in different ways but at least we'd get away from the BS of U12 teams sacrificing player development to accrue meaningless points.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X