Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is no way an older kid should be able to play down because of his size .... Such BS
    I think it's about more about birth dates and to a lesser degree size. I have heard but not confirmed that it's limited by a couple of players and they must have been born in certain months. It's to combat relative age effect.

Not a bad idea but there will be clubs that abuse it.

Comment

I think it's about more about birth dates and to a lesser degree size. I have heard but not confirmed that it's limited by a couple of players and they must have been born in certain months. It's to combat relative age effect.

Not a bad idea but there will be clubs that abuse it.
      Interesting. Has anything really been done regarding relative age effect? I really haven't heard of anything. This is a first.

Comment

There is no way an older kid should be able to play down because of his size .... Such BS
        I totally disagree. There's a much wider variation in growth rates for boys than with girls. A kid with a later bdate is more likely to be smaller, then couple that with being a late bloomer? A kid could have great potential but has a tough time keeping up with bigger, faster players (an even bigger issue with the combined age group teams). Should he be tossed aside just because he won't his growth spurt until 16? And don't pull the "Messi is tiny" card. We're not talking about unicorns, just more typical DA players.

I believe it is limited to two players per team and the date has to be late. Won't stop clubs from abusing it unfortunately.

Comment

Still BS... USSF came up with this new rule.. And now teams can go around the system.. Yeah, wait till little messi dribbles around your younger taller son... All teams/kids were affected by this rule change... It's life.. My son will never be tall.. Is what it is.........

Comment

Still BS... USSF came up with this new rule.. And now teams can go around the system.. Yeah, wait till little messi dribbles around your younger taller son... All teams/kids were affected by this rule change... It's life.. My son will never be tall.. Is what it is.........
            Many DA clubs violate the rules regarding practices and minimum starts. Now it seems at least one GDA club is violating the rule of no DA play if you're playing HS rule. Politics and favoritism a plenty....great system!

It's ironic that the organization that made everyone move to a calendar year system, breaking apart school based teams unnecessarily, now is making exceptions for kids at the end of the calendar year.

Comment

EXACTLY my point.. It's BS !! There should be no going around the age rule.. The smaller kids, if they can't complete, should find another sport or ride a horse..

Comment

EXACTLY my point.. It's BS !! There should be no going around the age rule.. The smaller kids, if they can't complete, should find another sport or ride a horse..
                You do know what the "D" in DA stands for, right? US Soccer doesn't give two ****s about wins and losses in the DA. If they think this will help some kid's development, they allow it.

What you do or do not think is BS is, rightfully, of no concern to them.

Comment

CT person here looking for scores vs Oakwood since Oakwood never posts losing scores on Facebook

Thanks

Comment

CT person here looking for scores vs Oakwood since Oakwood never posts losing scores on Facebook

Thanks
                    Click on the game reports for more info

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...partialGames=0

Click on age groups for rosters and scores/game reports.

http://oakw.ussoccerda.com/home.php

Comment

Thanks. Any know score of 18/19 game

Comment

Thanks. Any know score of 18/19 game
                        0-0.........

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I totally disagree. There's a much wider variation in growth rates for boys than with girls. A kid with a later bdate is more likely to be smaller, then couple that with being a late bloomer? A kid could have great potential but has a tough time keeping up with bigger, faster players (an even bigger issue with the combined age group teams). Should he be tossed aside just because he won't his growth spurt until 16? And don't pull the "Messi is tiny" card. We're not talking about unicorns, just more typical DA players.

I believe it is limited to two players per team and the date has to be late. Won't stop clubs from abusing it unfortunately.
                            Completely agree with the above poster. There is no need to throw out kids, especially those who have been in the DA system for a few years, due to late development. What a waste of resources and talent.

That said, I've already seen abuse of this rule being used as a way to get players, who clearly have no physical development delay, some time on the field. A simple solution to curb such abuse is to have players provide a medical doctor's note at the beginning of the season, verifying that they are physical late developers. Most kids with cases severe enough to warrant playing down will have been checked out by a doctor at some point when younger to make sure they were growing properly.

It's not about height, there are plenty of small kids who are on an early or normal physical development curve and have plenty of muscle mass by 15/16 to play with their birth year. The late developers won't have this same strength and will naturally have difficulty competing. Month of birth should have no bearing on who is able to play down, either. A two year delayed developer born in May is obviously going to be physically behind a one year delayed December born kid.

This rule is a good idea, but definitely needs some clear restrictions put into place so that it's used only as USSF intended.

Comment

Completely agree with the above poster. There is no need to throw out kids, especially those who have been in the DA system for a few years, due to late development. What a waste of resources and talent.

That said, I've already seen abuse of this rule being used as a way to get players, who clearly have no physical development delay, some time on the field. A simple solution to curb such abuse is to have players provide a medical doctor's note at the beginning of the season, verifying that they are physical late developers. Most kids with cases severe enough to warrant playing down will have been checked out by a doctor at some point when younger to make sure they were growing properly.

It's not about height, there are plenty of small kids who are on an early or normal physical development curve and have plenty of muscle mass by 15/16 to play with their birth year. The late developers won't have this same strength and will naturally have difficulty competing. Month of birth should have no bearing on who is able to play down, either. A two year delayed developer born in May is obviously going to be physically behind a one year delayed December born kid.

This rule is a good idea, but definitely needs some clear restrictions put into place so that it's used only as USSF intended.
                              Since in GDA the game results aren't supposed to matter, it's all about development of players that will hopefully join the NT at some point in the future, then in theory being a bit flexible with the age group rules makes sense.

Comment

Since in GDA the game results aren't supposed to matter, it's all about development of players that will hopefully join the NT at some point in the future, then in theory being a bit flexible with the age group rules makes sense.
                                lol game results don't matter....lol lol. They matter to the clubs that's for sure, hence why 1) the rule was created and 2) the rule will be abused

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X