• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just need to hear from updx, FC, and crossfire

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Crossfire has five field players moving off the team, none of whom were starters. To replace that group they are adding a second goalie and two new field players. New coach as well maybe.

Comment

Didn't we already hear from FC upthread? I think like 7 starters are gone to various places including 05 TA, 06 TA, WT, and UPDX.

Comment

Didn't we cover FCP? R & T going to 2005 TA. One 2006 going to 2006 TA. 4 of the other 2006's going to United PDX. LD coming back. Losing over half the starting line up, so promoting navy players to fill the gap. I am also not predicting guy, but will say FCP is in the bottom of the pack next season.

Comment

Didn't we cover FCP? R & T going to 2005 TA. One 2006 going to 2006 TA. 4 of the other 2006's going to United PDX. LD coming back. Losing over half the starting line up, so promoting navy players to fill the gap. I am also not predicting guy, but will say FCP is in the bottom of the pack next season.
            What about their goalie? (FC's) Is he coming back? He is better than the current TA (old FC) goalie.

Comment

What about their goalie? (FC's) Is he coming back? He is better than the current TA (old FC) goalie.
              Depending on who gets promoted from Navy--with AK and LD on the team, FC may come close to breaking the record next year for Most Ex-Westside Kids On A Rival Team.

(I think the ADF squad from last year currently holds the record).

Comment

Didn't we already hear from FC upthread? I think like 7 starters are gone to various places including 05 TA, 06 TA, WT, and UPDX.
                UPD loses one to TA, one to Westside DA, one to FC DA, and three more to know one knows where yet.

Comment

UPD loses one to TA, one to Westside DA, one to FC DA, and three more to know one knows where yet.
                  Other than LD, who reportedly quit TA mid-season, any other players who played for TA last year returning to local clubs? Lots of movement in the other direction--some of them 06s, but plenty of 05s as well.

We keep hearing rumors about TA forming a "practice squad", who will be trained with the A team (and presumably be subsidized) but who won't get to play in matches, other than possibly as DPs; and likely won't participate in OYSA or other clubs/leagues either. The only local club I can think of that operates in that manner (with practice players who aren't rostered to a team) is ADF.

But the net flow of 05 players towards TA is consistent with these rumors.

Perhaps that's where the Slytherins will wind up? Draco and his buddies get to be training cones, and tell everyone they are with the Timbers Academy, but don't have to ride the bus to Seattle every other weekend. That would be fascinating. And if it means BM loses a reported sugar daddy, so much the better.

Comment

FCP might be better than you think they will be. Remember, They were written off last year about this time when they lost what was said to be their two best players to TA. Their starting goalkeeper will be back and I wouldn't be surprised if the new coach (MJ) returns AP to attacking mid where he used him when he coached Navy to the State Cup title. It will be interesting to see where all of the Navy promotions (nine of them) fit in to the mix.

Comment

FCP might be better than you think they will be. Remember, They were written off last year about this time when they lost what was said to be their two best players to TA. Their starting goalkeeper will be back and I wouldn't be surprised if the new coach (MJ) returns AP to attacking mid where he used him when he coached Navy to the State Cup title. It will be interesting to see where all of the Navy promotions (nine of them) fit in to the mix.
                      Perhaps, but two years ago AP had RF and GUNDER!!!! to pass the ball to. FC's lost a LOT of talent. (Which they, as a club, should be proud of).

They should continue to have a good defense--getting LD back will be beneficial, and help ease the loss of MG--but offensively they might resemble Westside this past season. AP will have a hard time breaking down defenses by himself.

Which Navy players are being promoted? And who is moving over from BSC?

Comment

Perhaps, but two years ago AP had RF and GUNDER!!!! to pass the ball to. FC's lost a LOT of talent. (Which they, as a club, should be proud of).

They should continue to have a good defense--getting LD back will be beneficial, and help ease the loss of MG--but offensively they might resemble Westside this past season. AP will have a hard time breaking down defenses by himself.

Which Navy players are being promoted? And who is moving over from BSC?
                        Ex WT defender that landed at BSC for the spring was not at the UPDX tryouts, so my guess would be that he is the one that went to FCP

Comment

Ex WT defender that landed at BSC for the spring was not at the UPDX tryouts, so my guess would be that he is the one that went to FCP
                          Oh God...adding those parents to the FC sideline! It's like the mothership is calling them home!

Comment

Oh God...adding those parents to the FC sideline! It's like the mothership is calling them home!
                            While I would wait for confirmation from an FC parent... the idea of LD and MK being reunited on FC's backline is too awesome for words.

Comment

While I would wait for confirmation from an FC parent... the idea of LD and MK being reunited on FC's backline is too awesome for words.
                              Seriously as a non FC parent, I think it is awesome! Goalapalooza for the opposing team! Poor Andrew is going to be under more pressure than he has ever been.

Comment

Seriously as a non FC parent, I think it is awesome! Goalapalooza for the opposing team! Poor Andrew is going to be under more pressure than he has ever been.
                                I dunno.

Both players, in the past, had expressed desires to play up top, and were reportedly unhappy playing defense. Perhaps, with TE and RF leaving, they'll finally get their shot to get some shots?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X