Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone really think that neither NEFC or the Stars will be able to field all the DA teams? Why does everyone think there will be any movement at all let alone a migration away from these two clubs to presumably a club like FCB who is entrenched in the ECNL? The only real issue around here is whether or not the stars put their top players in the DA or whether they keep them in the ECNL and Jason had better be very careful how he walks that line. Especially if the NEFC teams do well in the DA and the number of their players getting called into NT camps keeps increasing. The market is going to reward the DA clubs.
    Ok, BTNT, Ok. Thanks.

Comment

Hickey mentions the girls DA will not have players going "100 mph for 15 minutes and go take a break for 10 and come back on." What league is she taking shots at? I've not seen this in the ECNL with its reentry rules.

Comment

Hickey mentions the girls DA will not have players going "100 mph for 15 minutes and go take a break for 10 and come back on." What league is she taking shots at? I've not seen this in the ECNL with its reentry rules.
        Taking aim at town soccer apparently.

Just shows the delusion of the USSF with their heavy foreign influence.

Comment

Obviously you have never watched a guy like FM coach. His style is 1v1 drills for 10 minutes at a clip then a water break.

Comment

The GDA is not replicating the ECNL. The only thing that is similar is the regionalized structure (which the ECNL ripped off from the BDA). The philosophies are completely different as are the training programs and competitive goals. If you can't see that just adopting a universal training curriculum and sticking to the concept of not over working the players is a monumental step up from what you find in the ECNL then you are too far deluded to even be taken seriously.

Sorry--I agree with the post you quote and are contesting. The problem with the curriculum argument is that it has to be implemented. Why should that be a given? Our ECNL coaches are not coaching now. High school age daughter and friends--no learning this year--a waste. So now this same team is going to implement a curriculum? I've never been a Stars parent or a fan of them or the org, but I believe they are the only club delivering HS age appropriate instruction.

Dorrance connection: Interestingly, Dorrance has written about why successful football coaches, for example, suddenly become unsuccessful. Did they lose all their knowledge suddenly? His take: they lost the will to hold meaningful and challenging practices and conversations. Saying our team practices twice a week says nothing about the concern of the coach to make practice meaningful. We've experienced three 'hi calibre' clubs, and it doesn't happen.

Comment

This guy must have sustained a brain injury. All he can do is keep repeating the same things over and over again.
              Very ironic response. Malignant narcissism + echolalia = BTNT.

Comment

Sorry--I agree with the post you quote and are contesting. The problem with the curriculum argument is that it has to be implemented. Why should that be a given? Our ECNL coaches are not coaching now. High school age daughter and friends--no learning this year--a waste. So now this same team is going to implement a curriculum? I've never been a Stars parent or a fan of them or the org, but I believe they are the only club delivering HS age appropriate instruction.

Dorrance connection: Interestingly, Dorrance has written about why successful football coaches, for example, suddenly become unsuccessful. Did they lose all their knowledge suddenly? His take: they lost the will to hold meaningful and challenging practices and conversations. Saying our team practices twice a week says nothing about the concern of the coach to make practice meaningful. We've experienced three 'hi calibre' clubs, and it doesn't happen.
                "hi calibre"... are you an ex-pat?

Comment

"hi calibre"... are you an ex-pat?
                  Reads like a Brit coach lying about having a HS aged daughter.

Comment

LOL.... the Queen's English is tough to forget.

Comment

I like Hickey's comments. 10 technical directors visiting the clubs and observing, correcting etc could be positive. The fact she grew up in a soccer culture, playing much more soccer, is another huge positive. The difficulty will be influencing our coaches, players, and parents to adopt a different mindset.

An easy example of the difficulty we face is international substitution rules. These wreak havoc when team size is more than 15, forcing a large number of paying customers to sit out games.

ECNL adopted modified international substitution rules and this was difficult, upsetting team chemistry and player and parent expectations. The Fred and JD hate on this site was particularly strong when this change began. Expecting this change to have a huge impact on slowing the game down is unrealistic, especially given the level of poor skill and the lack of time on the ball as players reach the crucial middle to HS years. If GDAP technical directors solve this glaring problem, and if the focus on skills and vision filters down to NT selection in a mostly fair, unbiased process, regardless of league affiliation, I may have to admit my predicting much won't change was wrong.

I wouldn't bet my house. Because implementing change is always tough, and there is still a chance this all sounds great, but it is really about money, power, and control... not the kids. But because of Hickey's comments the odds of GDAP success increased slightly in my skeptical brain.

Comment

Nope. Any other deflections from my point that the 'elite' teams do not receive appropriate coaching?

Comment

Nope. Any other deflections from my point that the 'elite' teams do not receive appropriate coaching?
                          Not deflecting anything, mate.

Sounds like you have spent a lot of time at GPS

Comment

You don't watch College soccer do you? This is part of the problem of development of our top players in this country. Size and athleticism is valued over technical skill exactly because of the substitution rules in college soccer and the style of play. What is described above is exactly what I see in every women's college soccer game I've watched.

Comment

Bottom line
                              2 DAP Teams
                              2 ECNL Teams
                              6 NPL teams
                              Plenty of choices and its up to you to find the right fit, good luck!

Comment

Not deflecting anything, mate.

Sounds like you have spent a lot of time at GPS
                                Nope.

What elite HS age club *is* coaching specifically to position and team tactical learning?

Haven't seen it. Not happening. That is the only real issue behind almost any thread here.

Uncommitted, unconcerned, or unable coaching.

For a lot of money.

Which purchases a certain alphabet soup: ECNL.

Which purchases college access.

Not to be confused with "development."

Mate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X