Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You mean they all went to Eastern Florida right? I know that is where the best player in Brevard landed.
    Can't speak about west shore but I recall 3 players from Mel high going d1.. reggie went to Jacksonville, Langdon went to wake forest and a 3rd went to UNF in Jacksonville do I think any are going pro, probably not. however (i'm not from Titusville) I do think KJ from Titusville is a special player and who knows how he's going to continue to develop. I think instead of being jealous of a player like that or being critical is ridiculous. But to say a player like him can't reach a certain level is just as silly as thinking all kids that play ECNL will.

Comment

Scores tonight I know Titusville beat Eau gallie 9-3

Comment

Scores tonight I know Titusville beat Eau gallie 9-3
        Wow... that’s a slaughter. Guess JS and LS couldn’t save EG

Comment

Melbourne 3-1 Rockledge

Comment

cocoa beach took it to Viera tonight Viera 4 Cocoa beach 1 but it was a much closer game than the score would suggest

Comment

Viera played most of the reserves ( only 4 or so players who either start or get significant playing time) and JV players the entire game

Comment

Wow... that’s a slaughter. Guess JS and LS couldn’t save EG
                by the looks of who scored goals I am going to assume that LS was man marking KJ. JS was probably up top and still doing his job. but there was no one left to deal with JP and JF

Comment

by the looks of who scored goals I am going to assume that LS was man marking KJ. JS was probably up top and still doing his job. but there was no one left to deal with JP and JF
                  Actually nobody man marked him he basically just played midfield and kept on playing people through and then the chance he had to score he passed across the goal for a senior to score since it was their senior night

Comment

It didn’t matter who was marking anyone - EG was outmanned and outmatched from the start. No one from EG were good enough to stop kids from Titusville. EG was overmatched and it was obvious that the game was above their level of play.

Comment

It didn’t matter who was marking anyone - EG was outmanned and outmatched from the start. No one from EG were good enough to stop kids from Titusville. EG was overmatched and it was obvious that the game was above their level of play.
                      and this is why no one likes Toothlessville because of dickhead comments like this.

Comment

Holy Trinity 1 Viera 1

here's my game recap from a Viera parent perspective.
                        If you haven't played a game where Holy Trinity is the home team you have been missing out. their new turf field looks really nice. Their sound system and music choices are fun. Their announcer is the best I have ever experienced at a high school soccer game. It made it feel like some great event was about to take place.
                        We looked over at the Viera bench ,(which looks more like a Dr's office waiting room with all the kids on crutches, knee braces, back problems vs a soccer team). Wondering do we have the players to pull off winning anymore? Truth be told if Viera played Rockledge, Titusville, Satellite, Merrit Island, Melbourne , or Harmony I would give them little chance of winning now.
                        With that said Viera came out composed and played some of the best soccer they have played all season. Usually it takes them the first 20 mins of a game to realize dribbling into pressure or playing long ball doesn't work for them. This game was different. they were passing and moving , distributing the ball very well. They were winning 1v1 situations and were consistently getting the ball to the corner and crossing it.
                        That is where all their success stopped. Not sure if the gk is always that good for Holy Trinity but not only did he come out and grab 90% of the crosses but he would quickly punt the ball to Viera's 30 yard line. Holy Trinity never played out of the back, they never played it back to their keeper, their defenders just kicked the ball out of bounds as hard as they could (I think it was on purpose they didn't have ball boys). No matter how many chances Viera had they could not finish. Mostly from lack of a true striker and exceptional play from Holy Trinities GK.
                        At halftime the score was 0-0. you got a sense that Holy Trinity was pumped by this and I turned to a friend and said the danger in a game like this is you leave a team in a game long enough their going to think they can win this and you will get the best game of their lives, the other issue is all it takes is one mistake, a free kick, a corner and if they can finish where we haven't then you can lose.
                        somewhere in the 2nd half a player from Viera went to settle a ball with his chest with no players around him. The AR said it hit his arm (it may have) but it was clearly unintentional and his arms where at his side in a natural position... but it was in the box. gave Holy Trinity a PK. throw in some other questionable calls (or non calls like the 3x we were tripped in the 18) it was all Holy Trinity needed to keep balance in the game. The refs overall did a good job and Viera's lack of finishing was much more to blame than 2 or 3 bad calls.
                        Holy Trinity is up by a goal and they are jacked up. and they played even harder. Viera trashed it's style of play (that although looked good, didn't turn into goals) and they started playing long ball just like Holy Trinity has been doing all game. It turned out to be some of the worst soccer playing , but incredible effort by both teams. There was nothing left out on the field from either team. Instead of trying to cross the ball, Viera took it down the middle and scored. The last 10 mins of the game Viera was bombarding the defense and goal keeper for multiple shots at a time but then Holy Trinity would counter very direct and there were some straight out scary moments where Holy Trinity should have scored, plus Viera almost scored on their own goal. At the end of it Viera was unhappy with the tie and Holy Trinity celebrated as if they had won a championship. by the end of it, they were completely different soccer styles and either team could have won by 3 goals. It was an exciting night of ups and downs , both teams played hard but neither played dirty. Holy Trinity parents were very gracious hosts and the whole atmosphere was top notch and really should be what every high school strives for. Going forward Viera can't afford to give up any goals (the last 2 were PK's) . Their ability to outscore another team doesn't exist anymore.

Comment

and this is why no one likes Toothlessville because of dickhead comments like this.
                          JS ans LS dad must of not been there. I am sure he was taking a D pic to send out.

Comment

I don’t see how you could hate on titusville for us being good🤷*♀️

Comment

JS ans LS dad must of not been there. I am sure he was taking a D pic to send out.
                              tell you're wife to stop asking for them..... c'mon you knew that was coming.

Comment

tell you're wife to stop asking for them..... c'mon you knew that was coming.
                                Yeah we all need a good laugh sometimes.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X