Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does Nycsl know who is DA or not? They may not, or may not know all of them. If it is open to anyone then it isn't their job to regulate what DA players are doing. It's the DA clubs that should be monitoring their own players. Outside training isn't allowed first of all. And if DA is so great then why are players seeking training outside of DA?
    They know because the boys are very talented and don’t have NYCSL cards. They get invites to try out and the invites are supposedly generated by the coaches nominations that are made by the coaches of both teams after every NYCSL game. Also, many of them did it appropriately in prior seasons and they’re on auto-invite.

I think it happens because the parents are selfish and want every possible minute of premier training for their boys without regards to who it’s intended for or who they are unfairly denying an opportunity.

I know some of the parents that do this and they’re not a-holes — they just have blinders on when it comes to their kids.

Comment

They know because the boys are very talented and don’t have NYCSL cards. They get invites to try out and the invites are supposedly generated by the coaches nominations that are made by the coaches of both teams after every NYCSL game. Also, many of them did it appropriately in prior seasons and they’re on auto-invite.

I think it happens because the parents are selfish and want every possible minute of premier training for their boys without regards to who it’s intended for or who they are unfairly denying an opportunity.

I know some of the parents that do this and they’re not a-holes — they just have blinders on when it comes to their kids.

So in other words your kid didn't get a spot? Take up your complaints with NYCSL directly as complaining on an anonymous chat board will get you nowhere

Comment

So in other words your kid didn't get a spot? Take up your complaints with NYCSL directly as complaining on an anonymous chat board will get you nowhere
        Yes, this board is reserved only for those who bash clubs, coaches and players. Any legitimate concerns are not permitted.

Comment

Yes, obviously. I thought any reasonably intelligent reader would have immediately gathered that from the first post.

Comment

how much is the winter session? anybody know the nights and times of the brentwood and queens village winter trainings?

Comment

how much is the winter session? anybody know the nights and times of the brentwood and queens village winter trainings?
              Google is your friend https://www.nyclubsoccerleague.com/h...excellence.asp

If your kid makes it, then you find out the price.

Comment

I'm sorry your DA player hasn't been invited to any of the DA ID clinics. How about leaving this one to NYCSL kids. Thank you.

Comment

I'm sorry your DA player hasn't been invited to any of the DA ID clinics. How about leaving this one to NYCSL kids. Thank you.
                  My kid does PDP, not DA as she's just turned 13 and we're waiting to decide (GDA starts at U14). Sorry yours didn't get a spot. Take it up with NYCSL.

Comment

Does Nycsl know who is DA or not? They may not, or may not know all of them. If it is open to anyone then it isn't their job to regulate what DA players are doing. It's the DA clubs that should be monitoring their own players. Outside training isn't allowed first of all. And if DA is so great then why are players seeking training outside of DA?
                    I don't think the program keeps up with what club/league the kids move to after a certain point. My daughter has been in the program for 3 years (monthly trainings, select squad events, etc) and plays on an Nycsl NPL team, but there are at least 6-7 girls that have moved to ECNL and GDA (over the course of the last 3 years) that still attend PDP events and trainings. Selfishly, I'm not opposed to it, bc we love the kids and my D has gotten to know them really well and the girls play amazing soccer together.
                    BUT, do I think it's fair to other kids who are playing in Nycsl whose potential "spots" are being occupied by kids outside the league? Not really

Comment

I don't think the program keeps up with what club/league the kids move to after a certain point. My daughter has been in the program for 3 years (monthly trainings, select squad events, etc) and plays on an Nycsl NPL team, but there are at least 6-7 girls that have moved to ECNL and GDA (over the course of the last 3 years) that still attend PDP events and trainings. Selfishly, I'm not opposed to it, bc we love the kids and my D has gotten to know them really well and the girls play amazing soccer together.
                      BUT, do I think it's fair to other kids who are playing in Nycsl whose potential "spots" are being occupied by kids outside the league? Not really
                      That's reasonable consideration, thank you

Comment

ECNL doesn't restrict players from doing outside training. GDA does. DA families know the rules yet often skirt them. It's gross and I wouldn't raise my kids to break the rules., but I don't think it's the job of PDP to police that. They may be aware of some players but not all and would literally have to pull DA rosters and compare.

I was curious so I checked - on the NYCSL website it doesn't say it's limited to only NYCSL players. Note the "other top leagues" statement.

US Club Soccer's Player Development Programs (PDPs) are regionally based identification and developmental programs conducted within the id2 Program umbrella. PDPs are focused around the Premier Leagues (NPL) and other top leagues in specific geographic areas.

Comment

third time... what is PDP

Comment

player development program i think . click on link a few posts above

Comment

technically the DA rules restrict COMPETING for anther team. If you are simply doing the pdp center of excellence training, I would argue that's not team competition and not covered. In my experience some DA clubs care, some look other way and have their own sons doing

Comment

technically the DA rules restrict COMPETING for anther team. If you are simply doing the pdp center of excellence training, I would argue that's not team competition and not covered. In my experience some DA clubs care, some look other way and have their own sons doing
                                What about competing with PDP in tournaments or going on overseas trips to compete?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X