Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What makes you think that the girls side is closing at OC? I would bet that if the GDA did fold up shop at OC that they would do everything possible to keep their ECNL teams and the GDA girls would go back to ECNL. ECNL's issue with OC is that they aren't competitive because girls spread too thin but if no GDA then that situation is solved. But back to original question, why would the GDA at OC be done with at end of year?
    You should ask your child's coach that question.

Comment

You should ask your child's coach that question.
      Look...if the coaches do leave for down south, which is an IF at this point, that doesn't mean that DA is going to close. Sorry.

It might be for the best. The teams are successful despite their coaches. They're talented teams. New coaches may be better, have better training, and be more successful. I'd argue that it's likely. I've seen the training first hand...it's fine, but not why most of teams are doing well.

The seriously soccer girls want DA. Especially the younger ones that aren't attached to HS soccer yet.

Comment

Look...there is going to be an Orlando Pride DA team in the future. Unless, of course the whole GDA program nationally collapses. Which it's not.

GDA wants and needs an academy in this geographic location. Pride are tied to a NWSL team. The OP teams are successful (save one). There are NO OTHER REASONABLE club options in the area. FKK has proven nothing in ECNL.

Stop trolling and trying to recruit players to FKK based on a lie.

Comment

Question: what really is there in orlando for serious soccer development. Where are people going to go? ECNL OC ? Other ECNLs? Well watch now the issues as the other kids don't get as much play time because a bunch of DA kids join those teams. But which club has any decent DA or anything similar in orlando ? I don't know of any.
          Well we went the boys ECNL route to FKK. Teen tried out at OC ECNL but was less then impressed with talent and coaches, seemed they would rather place their returning kids on ECNL team instead of better outside talent. We are completely happy and FKK is doing exactly what they promised for their ECNL such as top competition, college recruitment exposure and dedication to putting best players on ECNL teams. If DA is not an option I would go ECNL over regular club, just my opinion, you don't have to choose FKK but I'd give them a look over OC for they seem to be following thru on promises. HTH

Comment

Well we went the boys ECNL route to FKK. Teen tried out at OC ECNL but was less then impressed with talent and coaches, seemed they would rather place their returning kids on ECNL team instead of better outside talent. We are completely happy and FKK is doing exactly what they promised for their ECNL such as top competition, college recruitment exposure and dedication to putting best players on ECNL teams. If DA is not an option I would go ECNL over regular club, just my opinion, you don't have to choose FKK but I'd give them a look over OC for they seem to be following thru on promises. HTH
            What if getting smacked every week. FKK ECNL teams are terrible

Comment

Question: what really is there in orlando for serious soccer development. Where are people going to go? ECNL OC ? Other ECNLs? Well watch now the issues as the other kids don't get as much play time because a bunch of DA kids join those teams. But which club has any decent DA or anything similar in orlando ? I don't know of any.
              Here's another question. Over the last few years, several OC DA players have commuted from the Tampa area and as far as the Jacksonville area. Jax is said to have full DA next year. Clearwater has DA and TBU? Do these other DA teams grow stronger as central florida players become the ones commuting?

Comment

FKk is a dumpster fire. Burn baby burn.

Comment

FKk is a dumpster fire. Burn baby burn.
                  Nice try...no one, seriously, no one is buying your sad little words...but all we have to do is wait until tryouts begin in a few months.

Comment

We are heading to FKK. I’ve only heard positives about them and are heading in the right direction.
                    FKK is the last place I would go.

Comment

FKK is the last place I would go.
                      Pls focus sad little OCYS parent...the title of thread is about your screwed up club...focus...

Comment

Pls focus sad little OCYS parent...the title of thread is about your screwed up club...focus...
                        What makes you think my daughter is at OCYS? We had a horrible experience at FKK, left and moved out of state a few months after due to my job, now my daughter is playing in a club in Georgia she is on a GDA team.

Comment

What makes you think my daughter is at OCYS? We had a horrible experience at FKK, left and moved out of state a few months after due to my job, now my daughter is playing in a club in Georgia she is on a GDA team.
                          Does not matter , this is all about OC so STF up, or get back on topic.

Comment

Does not matter , this is all about OC so STF up, or get back on topic.

Oh and we don't care about girls soccer. This was started about the boys DA.

Comment

What is oc doing about the 5-6 top players asked for release to go play elsewhere? Embarrassing

Comment

Consider your daughter lucky.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X