Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Out of the 15 players rostered on the Crossfire DA team, only one was born in 2005. So one kid "playing up". http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...teamId=1643183

With rosters being capped at 20 next year.. this would allow for only five more players to join this DA team.. with 04 or 05 birth years. So the coaches are now in full recruitment mode. Time to go find talented players from other clubs... again.
    There's only one club that doesn't have to recruit and their DA plays the best soccer

Comment

There's only one club that doesn't have to recruit and their DA plays the best soccer
      Yep. They develop from within

Comment

Which club? Westside T?

Comment

in 6 years of being involved with OR club soccer, the only 2 clubs i can say i've seen players develop strongly at (technically) are ADF and Westside

Comment

in 6 years of being involved with OR club soccer, the only 2 clubs i can say i've seen players develop strongly at (technically) are ADF and Westside
            Westside?? That is really funny

Comment

Has ADF been going that long? You need to change your sport because you know nothing about soccer development. ADF pick up athletic, skilled players at U9 and U10 and then the game catches up with them. Their coaching staff cannot coach the game. They could never put on a functional practice session on say, switching play or playing through the midfield because they do not know how too and they practice in a shoe box size gym. Watch their teams slide away or lose players as they get older. It's already happening.

But, nice try ADF coach!

Comment

Which club? Westside T?
                Westside is good at developing technical players--but their 04 OYSA team is miles better than their DA team. Again, why is an interesting question. (And know, I don't know the answer).

Comment

Westside didn't play their "A" team in DA this year. The "B" team kids went to DA.. an experiment to see if DA could raise them up to same level
                  As "A" team players.. but it didn't. Next year may be different?

Comment

Westside didn't play their "A" team in DA this year. The "B" team kids went to DA.. an experiment to see if DA could raise them up to same level
                    As "A" team players.. but it didn't. Next year may be different?
                    I've heard this suggested several times--but AFAICT, separate tryouts were held for DA and for regular competitive, and lots more kids wanted to do OYSA than DA. I'm not aware of any attempt to herd last year's younger 03 or older 04 Samba kids into DA (even though last year's 03 Samba team was VERY good...)

Comment

Younger 03's would not have been eligible for DA...or for this year's 04 OYSA team.

Comment

Younger 03's would not have been eligible for DA...or for this year's 04 OYSA team.
                        To be clear, I meant younger U12 from last year.

Under the old system, last year's U12 teams were called "03", and included players born between August 2003 and July 2004. Those born in 2004 were eligible for the DA.

'Tis all confusing, I know--especially the part about the DA U12s being the same age as the OYSA U13s.

Comment

I've heard this suggested several times--but AFAICT, separate tryouts were held for DA and for regular competitive, and lots more kids wanted to do OYSA than DA. I'm not aware of any attempt to herd last year's younger 03 or older 04 Samba kids into DA (even though last year's 03 Samba team was VERY good...)
                          The parents were given the option to choose DA or WT. They voted GDA just to see how their sons might do. Nothing more. The first team chose not to do DA.

Comment

The parents were given the option to choose DA or WT. They voted GDA just to see how their sons might do. Nothing more. The first team chose not to do DA.
                            My apologies. DA not GDA! Sorry.

Comment

Westside is putting boys in the GDA? :)

Seriously--by "vote" did you mean to suggest a binding referendum was placed on the Samba kids, who were expected (if they wanted to continue at Westside) to do whatever the team wanted to do, or that individually many more Samba kids went to DA than went to OYSA?

Comment

Westside is putting boys in the GDA? :)

Seriously--by "vote" did you mean to suggest a binding referendum was placed on the Samba kids, who were expected (if they wanted to continue at Westside) to do whatever the team wanted to do, or that individually many more Samba kids went to DA than went to OYSA?
                                Obviously you posted while I was typing an apology for my keyboarding error. Lesson learned to first proofread.

Seriously, a meeting was held with Samba parents to explain options. They chose to do DA. It wasn't forced on them.The only referendum was an edict by the DA. If the majority didn't want to give up the tourneys, leagues, state cup, they would have voted to stay the OYSA course. Again, the families' choice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X