Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But it stinks to travel and have very unevenly matched teams. Not good for either team. Why does US soccer sanction all these leagues? It is not working well out here.
    I'm hoping that EDP puts NYCSL out of business. I have nothing against Gary, in fact he and his staff have been quite helpful. But I think that between having NPL, Metro and NYPL he's one of the big reasons soccer on LI has gotten so spread out. The NPL's exclusiveness made teams go to NYPL but NYPL's lack of depth drove people to play EPL North. And instead of trying to work on bringing those EPD teams back to NYPL and give it some depth he's made the problem even worse by introducing Metro which is nothing but a gimmick to get clubs to commit to fielding 14 teams in his program and further dilutes the competitiveness of NYPL.

Having EPD with more of a true regulation/promotion system from top to bottom would potentially fix a lot of things. And yes, EPD does offer NPL but it's a very small part of EPD.

Comment

I'm hoping that EDP puts NYCSL out of business. I have nothing against Gary, in fact he and his staff have been quite helpful. But I think that between having NPL, Metro and NYPL he's one of the big reasons soccer on LI has gotten so spread out. The NPL's exclusiveness made teams go to NYPL but NYPL's lack of depth drove people to play EPL North. And instead of trying to work on bringing those EPD teams back to NYPL and give it some depth he's made the problem even worse by introducing Metro which is nothing but a gimmick to get clubs to commit to fielding 14 teams in his program and further dilutes the competitiveness of NYPL.

Having EPD with more of a true regulation/promotion system from top to bottom would potentially fix a lot of things. And yes, EPD does offer NPL but it's a very small part of EPD.
      When you need a detailed org chart to explain the landscape to people you know it's gotten too complicated.

Comment

When you need a detailed org chart to explain the landscape to people you know it's gotten too complicated.
        It is a business and thus the monster. This is what the customers want. the customers that want a reasonable league with a variety of divisions and not an insane amount of costly travel need to pick one of these leagues to support and stick with it. makes little difference which one it is.

Comment

Long Island teams currently participate in the following. And I'm probably missing a few.

LIJSL
          ENYPL
          ERL (Region 1)
          USYSA National League
          NYCSL
          NYPL
          METRO
          NYCSL/NPL
          EDP NORTH
          EDP/NPL
          SUPER Y

For all of those saying that there isn't enough competition on Long Island, it isn't because there aren't enough quality teams. It's because our quality teams are split up between almost a dozen different leagues.

EDP LI isn't likely to solve this problem because people are going to chase the next big thing no matter what, but if the promise of shorter travel distances gets even half the strong teams currently playing in the leagues named above, it will be a rousing success.

Comment

Long Island teams currently participate in the following. And I'm probably missing a few.

LIJSL
            ENYPL
            ERL (Region 1)
            USYSA National League
            NYCSL
            NYPL
            METRO
            NYCSL/NPL
            EDP NORTH
            EDP/NPL
            SUPER Y

For all of those saying that there isn't enough competition on Long Island, it isn't because there aren't enough quality teams. It's because our quality teams are split up between almost a dozen different leagues.

EDP LI isn't likely to solve this problem because people are going to chase the next big thing no matter what, but if the promise of shorter travel distances gets even half the strong teams currently playing in the leagues named above, it will be a rousing success.
            ECNL and now GDA as well

Comment

ECNL and now GDA as well
              along with Northeast NPL (girls, partner with ECNL clubs) and Northeast PreAcademy (boys).

It has really spun out of control

Comment

ECNL and now GDA as well
                I wasn't including ECNL and GDA because I don't see those reverting back to play EDP Long Island.

Comment

I wasn't including ECNL and GDA because I don't see those reverting back to play EDP Long Island.
                  But both take many of the more talented players, also spread across too many clubs causing more dilution and confusion. There is some degree of overlap between lower level ECNL and DA players and top EDP/NPL players. LI and US soccer in general is turning into a stew of mediocrity

Comment

There is NO Long Island division in EPD it's all regular EDP north.
                    I have confirmed this with EDP

Comment

Figured as much - some of the LI clubs are good but there aren't enough good LI clubs to make a LI only division to keep them happy. And if they pulled out of North, it weakened the North division too much to keep those remaining clubs happy.

Comment

There is NO Long Island division in EPD it's all regular EDP north.
                        I have confirmed this with EDP
                        If anything, looking through the accepted teams lists they have even less LI teams than ever. Having LM being your spokesperson kind of backfired on them.

Comment

And LM finally admits reality, though he is still trying to spin it as a positive. Basically, all the LI teams will be in EDP North along with teams from NYC, Lower CT, Westchester and Northern NJ just like they always have been. There is nothing new. Nothing was founded. This was all just a scam.

"You are correct, but that is because there never was going to be an EDP Long Island ONLY League. What there is and is going to continue in more forceful and aggressive manner based on a call I received today, is a push to offer EDP to Long Island teams, something that has always been available to Long Island. Then, with more Long Island teams the schedules are expected to show and give teams the the travel choices which is at the heart of this matter."

Comment

And LM finally admits reality, though he is still trying to spin it as a positive. Basically, all the LI teams will be in EDP North along with teams from NYC, Lower CT, Westchester and Northern NJ just like they always have been. There is nothing new. Nothing was founded. This was all just a scam.

"You are correct, but that is because there never was going to be an EDP Long Island ONLY League. What there is and is going to continue in more forceful and aggressive manner based on a call I received today, is a push to offer EDP to Long Island teams, something that has always been available to Long Island. Then, with more Long Island teams the schedules are expected to show and give teams the the travel choices which is at the heart of this matter."
                            Exactly what several of us said ... Larry you where the one who caused the confusion

Comment

So if it was something that was always available to Long Island teams and Long Island teams have entered for years .... what exactly were they founding?

And if you scan the registration lists, these "founding" clubs have barely put any teams in it. A complete bait and switch.

Comment

The EDP list of accepted teams is way out of date. I know couple teams accepted to EDP two weeks ago that aren't listed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X