Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon players at next level

I’m sure this will launch a new round of ECNL/academy bashing but I thought it was great seeing how many Oregon players got on the scoreboard this weekend:

S. Higenbotham - Westside/PSU
    M. Palmer - CU/Oregon
    J. Wormdahl - CU/Oregon
    M. Ellertson- Salmon Creek/WSU
    M. Weinart - CU/Oregon State

And in D2:
    J. Nyby - Eugene Timbers/Concordia
    H. Leavens - Westside/Concordia

I’m glad to see Oregon players having success at next level no matter where they came from. Who did I miss?

Who did you miss ??

all of the boys

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I’m sure this will launch a new round of ECNL/academy bashing but I thought it was great seeing how many Oregon players got on the scoreboard this weekend:

M. Palmer - CU/Oregon
      J. Wormdahl - CU/Oregon

And in D2:

I’m glad to see Oregon players having success at next level no matter where they came from. Who did I miss?
      All the defenders, mids, gks, and forwards who didn’t score. Scoring isn’t the only thing. Ava Benedetti (ThornsDA/SeattleU) player most of the game v WA as a freshman. I’m sure there are others?

Comment

All the defenders, mids, gks, and forwards who didn’t score. Scoring isn’t the only thing. Ava Benedetti (ThornsDA/SeattleU) player most of the game v WA as a freshman. I’m sure there are others?
        Thanks Mom

Comment

Thanks Mom
          Probably, but it doesn’t mean Mom is wrong though

Comment

M. Palmer - CU/Oregon
            J. Wormdahl - CU/Oregon

And in D2:

D1
            Marley Salveter assist Westside/OSU

Comment

D1
              Marley Salveter assist Westside/OSU
              Maggie Lacey (Thorns/Oregon) scored today. And Wormdahl is close to breaking an Oregon record for consecutive games scored.

OP was about players scoring. I think we call, being reasonable soccer parents, can agree that players contribute in many ways without scoring. Brigette Skiba (Westside/OSU) has been a greatly impactful player since her freshman year, as a GK, for example.

Comment

Quite a few Oregon players in all positions making contributions on D1 and on down teams. Very nice to see all around. Wish great success to them all. Way to represent Oregon! Also, wish well the players who willingly or grudgingly hung up their cleats and are concentrating on academics now. There are also pros to having the classic college experience and putting academics first.

Comment

Maggie Lacey (Thorns/Oregon) scored today. And Wormdahl is close to breaking an Oregon record for consecutive games scored.

OP was about players scoring. I think we call, being reasonable soccer parents, can agree that players contribute in many ways without scoring. Brigette Skiba (Westside/OSU) has been a greatly impactful player since her freshman year, as a GK, for example.
                  Agreed. (In particular, Maggie and Ava both very talented players. Great to see they are already doing well @D1)

Comment

Mom please stop. Nobody here cares. You are supposed to brag on instagram and Facebook. Nobody comes on this site for feel good or bragging.

Comment

Quite a few Oregon players in all positions making contributions on D1 and on down teams. Very nice to see all around. Wish great success to them all. Way to represent Oregon! Also, wish well the players who willingly or grudgingly hung up their cleats and are concentrating on academics now. There are also pros to having the classic college experience and putting academics first.
                      Unintended consequences of Title IX, turning DIII level girls into D1 contributors.

Please have some perspective and appreciation of what Title IX has done to this under the radar activity for females in college.

Comment

Unintended consequences of Title IX, turning DIII level girls into D1 contributors.

Please have some perspective and appreciation of what Title IX has done to this under the radar activity for females in college.
                        Unintended or not, the consequences are awesome. Rock on Title 9. Giving women opportunities to play competitively longer is a) healthy b) good for society. Athletic moms often support fitness driven children, ahem that would be boys and girls.

Additionally, there are literally too many to reference research articles pointing to the mental and physical benefits for developing young minds that play competitive sports. From leadership opportunities to learning how to overcome challenges to developing teamwork strategies to improved organizational abilities to improved ability to handle stress.

Whether Div 1, 2 or 3 or NAIA who cares? The benefits are many for society to support women playing sports in college in ways they would not be able to do without more equal funding between men and women’s collegiate programs.

Many of the negative posters here simply make me laugh.

Comment

Unintended or not, the consequences are awesome. Rock on Title 9. Giving women opportunities to play competitively longer is a) healthy b) good for society. Athletic moms often support fitness driven children, ahem that would be boys and girls.

Additionally, there are literally too many to reference research articles pointing to the mental and physical benefits for developing young minds that play competitive sports. From leadership opportunities to learning how to overcome challenges to developing teamwork strategies to improved organizational abilities to improved ability to handle stress.

Whether Div 1, 2 or 3 or NAIA who cares? The benefits are many for society to support women playing sports in college in ways they would not be able to do without more equal funding between men and women’s collegiate programs.

Nothing wrong with Title IX as it's written, problem here is how it's applied and then extrapolated into D1 talent*.

The aim of title ix was not to create travel leagues for DIII level talent. That's all.

Comment

Well said, the negative posters can take a hike. Having more young female athletes playing at a collegiate level, attending schools they may not be able to attend otherwise, is extremely beneficial to all.

Comment

Mom please stop. Nobody here cares. You are supposed to brag on instagram and Facebook. Nobody comes on this site for feel good or bragging.
                              Nobody cares? Yet here you are posting multiple times in this thread. Lol

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X