Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parsippany Pride Tournament

To all clubs: The Parsippany Pride Tournament is probably the worse officiated tournament that my kids have ever been part of and we won. In 2018 I would recommend finding other options unless they address the officiating crews and tier them appropriately. You know when something is wrong with the officiating when both teams coaches, parents, kids are all shaking their heads in disbelief.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    To all clubs: The Parsippany Pride Tournament is probably the worse officiated tournament that my kids have ever been part of and we won. In 2018 I would recommend finding other options unless they address the officiating crews and tier them appropriately. You know when something is wrong with the officiating when both teams coaches, parents, kids are all shaking their heads in disbelief.
    How big is the tournament? If its big it is very difficult finding the volume of refs needed. They are just happy being able to fill all the games needed.

Comment

Most tourneys on holiday weekends - there's too many events! It's even worse in the spring when HS aged kids have their own club games to play in.

Comment

Parsippany Pride Tournament

I would disagree- played this tournament now twice, this year and last- quality teams at all brackets, 3 refs on each field- a few were phenomenal, a few not so great but that is to be expected with over 500 teams. Furthermore all games ran on time and they have a number of fields that are really nice and in a real nice setting. Also the cost is very fair. I highly recommend this tournament to anyone in the tri state area.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I would disagree- played this tournament now twice, this year and last- quality teams at all brackets, 3 refs on each field- a few were phenomenal, a few not so great but that is to be expected with over 500 teams. Furthermore all games ran on time and they have a number of fields that are really nice and in a real nice setting. Also the cost is very fair. I highly recommend this tournament to anyone in the tri state area.
          I would have to agree with the initial post the refereeing was horrible. I would rather have one good center ref then 3 on the field. All Tournaments have the same issues with getting referees but this Tournament was ridiculous. I do feel the clubs that were represented were good but there was definitely some tension due to the poor refereeing of the games.

Comment

Every tournament has it's share of good and bad refs. It's not like they personally choose them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X