Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing players on a team

By now, a big topic on here has been about replacing players mid season. It's a common practice that teams will move players around, taking kids from the A team and dropping them down to the B team, taking B team players that deserve a shot and move up to the A team. I'm sure we are all in agreement that this is the norm. But, what about when you replace an entire team with a completely new team? Is that ok?

The reason for this question is the newest development over at MF Shore. My daughter plays on the MF 08 ECNL team. It's been brought to our attention that DB plans to make the MF Shore 09 team the new MF 08 ECNL team, with the possibility of keeping a few of our top players. (Which creates a whole new issue because we now would be required to travel almost 2hrs to Holmdel for practices, which I'm sure they are hoping we won't do.) The current 08 ECNL will be demoted to the 08 NL team, and the current 08 NL team will now be demoted to EDP.

Does anyone think that this is ok? Granted the Shore 09 team is very good, but it's not because of their coaching. The team is made up of very talented players that were put together by their recruiter coach. All these girls do an excessive amount of outside training because they can't get the quality training they deserve from their current coach. Unlike the 09 Shore team, we did not practice during the mandatory shutdown. To penalize not one but 2 complete teams for the benefit of one is ridiculous. This season has been a crazy one, with a lot of the top clubs not producing wins like they usually do. To do this to a complete team in the middle of the first half of the season is disgusting. They are hurting a bunch of good kids that tried out for AND MADE the ECNL team. Someone at MF thought these girls were good enough to make the team. Why not give them a chance to at least develop? I'm willing to bet if we had trained the 4 months when no one else was, we would be in a different position right now.

Why MF finds it necessary to kiss this jerk RT's ass is beyond me. This guy has been fired by 2 clubs already. Yes, we know, he "quit" CSA, but the truth of the matter is, he knew they were not renewing his contract. This is where the RT lovers will defend him and say that isn't so. He screwed over a bunch of his 09 kids by demoting them to a B team which wasn't in existence at the beginning of the season. He continues to recruit new kids, and eventually will need to shuffle current ones in favor of new. Before I forget to mention this, the rumor is that 2 or 3 of his current kids will also be moved over to the NL team in favor of some of the current 08 ECNL players.

MF has been struggling with a bad reputation for quite some time now. I think they think that by moving this group of kids up it will somehow give MF a winning team, which will help repair their damaged reputation. How on earth do they think that by doing this it will help? There will be plenty of parents besides me that are not happy about this, and I'm sure in the coming days this message board will be filled with them. The higher ups at MF should be ashamed of themselves for the way they are handling this. The current MF Shore team should stay where they are and move up just like every other team in the country. Replacing an ENTIRE TEAM is not right.

Holy crap. If this is true, then MF should be ashamed of themselves and the parents of the two teams being pushed out should demand refunds and then leave over the winter. How can a club think it's remotely okay to replace entire teams within an age group, especially in the middle of their season? I'd love some official comment from DB to come out that explains this decision to those parents. I hope your daughter will be okay after the fallout is over and you get her out of there ASAP.

Comment

Is this official or just parent rumors and hearsay ? Will the current 2008 MF girls even stay ?

Comment

Welcome to Matchfit. Its seams that Bucci does something like this every year

Comment

Why do they need to pish the SHore team to ECNL early? Can't they just move up next year? Keep playing and entering tournaments and then next year they slot into ECNL, or at least most of the players do and combine with other 09s taken for that team.

Comment

This is horrible. What is your daughter and her teammates going to do? Wow Match Fit is really low if this true.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              By now, a big topic on here has been about replacing players mid season. It's a common practice that teams will move players around, taking kids from the A team and dropping them down to the B team, taking B team players that deserve a shot and move up to the A team. I'm sure we are all in agreement that this is the norm. But, what about when you replace an entire team with a completely new team? Is that ok?

The reason for this question is the newest development over at MF Shore. My daughter plays on the MF 08 ECNL team. It's been brought to our attention that DB plans to make the MF Shore 09 team the new MF 08 ECNL team, with the possibility of keeping a few of our top players. (Which creates a whole new issue because we now would be required to travel almost 2hrs to Holmdel for practices, which I'm sure they are hoping we won't do.) The current 08 ECNL will be demoted to the 08 NL team, and the current 08 NL team will now be demoted to EDP.

Does anyone think that this is ok? Granted the Shore 09 team is very good, but it's not because of their coaching. The team is made up of very talented players that were put together by their recruiter coach. All these girls do an excessive amount of outside training because they can't get the quality training they deserve from their current coach. Unlike the 09 Shore team, we did not practice during the mandatory shutdown. To penalize not one but 2 complete teams for the benefit of one is ridiculous. This season has been a crazy one, with a lot of the top clubs not producing wins like they usually do. To do this to a complete team in the middle of the first half of the season is disgusting. They are hurting a bunch of good kids that tried out for AND MADE the ECNL team. Someone at MF thought these girls were good enough to make the team. Why not give them a chance to at least develop? I'm willing to bet if we had trained the 4 months when no one else was, we would be in a different position right now.

Why MF finds it necessary to kiss this jerk RT's ass is beyond me. This guy has been fired by 2 clubs already. Yes, we know, he "quit" CSA, but the truth of the matter is, he knew they were not renewing his contract. This is where the RT lovers will defend him and say that isn't so. He screwed over a bunch of his 09 kids by demoting them to a B team which wasn't in existence at the beginning of the season. He continues to recruit new kids, and eventually will need to shuffle current ones in favor of new. Before I forget to mention this, the rumor is that 2 or 3 of his current kids will also be moved over to the NL team in favor of some of the current 08 ECNL players.

MF has been struggling with a bad reputation for quite some time now. I think they think that by moving this group of kids up it will somehow give MF a winning team, which will help repair their damaged reputation. How on earth do they think that by doing this it will help? There will be plenty of parents besides me that are not happy about this, and I'm sure in the coming days this message board will be filled with them. The higher ups at MF should be ashamed of themselves for the way they are handling this. The current MF Shore team should stay where they are and move up just like every other team in the country. Replacing an ENTIRE TEAM is not right.
              As a former MF parent I'm not really shocked by this if it is true......DB & JR were never truely open and honest. Every year they tell parents who are unhappy that they will be replacing the coach...only to learn after payments that same coach is back (happened 2 yrs in row). MF will always do what is better for MF over player development.

It may be more of a marketing move...MF started closer to the shore area and moved to Denville but they only have a rented space with crappy temp lights at Morris Catholic..hence the 2x a week practices because there is not enough room for all the teams even with the ECRL teams getting only 1/4 or even 1/8th of a field !

Its possible they are thinking of moving south and that is why PDA worked to get Shore into ECRL.

Comment

Academy ?

What’s MF08s ECNL current record? How many goals have they scored? Allowed? Who is better 08s/09s? Americans love throwing around that Academy label when talking about where their children play with co workers , until it comes to actually having the Academy Model applied to their child’s playing ability. If you are not getting it done on the pitch and somebody else is or if another team can the Clubs responsibility is to promote the best. Competition breeds success

Comment

Matchfit 2008 ECNL roster currently sits @ 31

Comment

What’s MF08s ECNL current record? How many goals have they scored? Allowed? Who is better 08s/09s? Americans love throwing around that Academy label when talking about where their children play with co workers , until it comes to actually having the Academy Model applied to their child’s playing ability. If you are not getting it done on the pitch and somebody else is or if another team can the Clubs responsibility is to promote the best. Competition breeds success
                    Obviously a mf shore parent looking to strut around online. Congrats.

Moving kids between teams is something that just happens. As long as it's understood before the season starts, it is what it is. Replacing entire teams during an actual season has got to be the most tone deaf thing I've heard. This is not remotely justifiable and won't be surprised if there is a massive MF revolt.

I'm going to laugh so hard when it turns out this guys kids was shifted over to the other team. He's going to be in here crying about the injustice of it all and how much of an ahole DB and RT both are.

Comment

Obviously a mf shore parent looking to strut around online. Congrats.

Moving kids between teams is something that just happens. As long as it's understood before the season starts, it is what it is. Replacing entire teams during an actual season has got to be the most tone deaf thing I've heard. This is not remotely justifiable and won't be surprised if there is a massive MF revolt.

I'm going to laugh so hard when it turns out this guys kids was shifted over to the other team. He's going to be in here crying about the injustice of it all and how much of an ahole DB and RT both are.
                      If this is really true. I wanna get my daughter to some other team practices of other teams before another **** down

Comment

Your a ass. Playing up a kid or two is one thing. Replacing a entire team is just wrong. Regardless of how they are playing, these kids tried out for the ECNL team and made it. How on earth can you compare a team that has had the advantages of never stopping full team practices when the entire country did, and then push out an entire team nearly because the 09's are playing better is wrong. How do you know it's not the coaches issue with the team? Maybe hes a toolbar just like RT. Does us a favor a go back and post on the other threads. I'm sure you were going crazy when TS was down a few days...

Comment

i generally agree with reply #8. but MF needs to realize their core families are based in the northern part of NJ. if the parents of these girls become irritated/loud enough they can affect the MF business model. younger daughters, sons and neighbors children will just play for other "academy" pay to play programs. these clubs are not exclusive, that is just the perception that surrounds them. MF tries to maintain a family atmosphere, but I can imagine that it is no more family like than any other club. if MF thinks that it needs 1 really great team to enhance it's reputation and market, then so be it. but it may be more of case, of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Comment

Matchfit 2008 ECNL roster currently sits @ 31
                            A roster of 31 kids to play 11v11? Who in their right mind would pay $3000+ to play on a team of 31? I'm willing to bet that 31 includes the 09's, which will dominate the game, and slowly but surely the existing kids will be moved. DB and RT are the biggest dirtbags I've ever heard of and I only pray the world comes crashing down around them. What a bunch of jerkoffs. I feel bad for any kid associated with either of them.

Comment

i guess main thing is that just a couple of months into the year, just over halfway through fall, have these teams played enough games to really know how good they are yet? In the past it was train in fall, compete for real in spring. Its october and theyre talking about replacing an entire team? I think this is pretty unlikely and either trolling or a massive exaggeration of what is going on. ECNL team has to have some good players already, so there is NO CHANCE that an entire 09 team is being promoted. None.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X