Talking-Soccer.com

Talking-Soccer.com (http://www.talking-soccer.com/TS4/index.php)
-   New York (http://www.talking-soccer.com/TS4/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Bribery at top institutions nationwide (http://www.talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=156071)

Unregistered 03-12-2019 05:29 PM

Bribery at top institutions nationwide
 
College coaches and others have been charged in a sweeping admissions bribery case unsealed in federal court.

The racketeering conspiracy charges unveiled Tuesday were brought against the coaches at schools including Wake Forest University, Georgetown and the University of Southern California.

Authorities say the coaches accepted bribes in exchange for admitting students as athletes, regardless of their ability.

Prosecutors say parents paid an admissions consultant $25 million from 2011 through February 2019 to bribe coaches and administrators to label their children as recruited athletes to boost their chances of getting into schools.

Prosecutors allege that fake athletic profiles were also made to make students look like strong high school athletes when they actually weren’t.

Authorities say the consulting company also bribed administrators of college entrance exams to allow a Florida man to take the tests on behalf of students or replace their answers with his.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.5b174bc32322

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/u...g-scandal.html

Unregistered 03-12-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 2446691)
College coaches and others have been charged in a sweeping admissions bribery case unsealed in federal court.

The racketeering conspiracy charges unveiled Tuesday were brought against the coaches at schools including Wake Forest University, Georgetown and the University of Southern California.

Authorities say the coaches accepted bribes in exchange for admitting students as athletes, regardless of their ability.

Prosecutors say parents paid an admissions consultant $25 million from 2011 through February 2019 to bribe coaches and administrators to label their children as recruited athletes to boost their chances of getting into schools.

Prosecutors allege that fake athletic profiles were also made to make students look like strong high school athletes when they actually weren’t.

Authorities say the consulting company also bribed administrators of college entrance exams to allow a Florida man to take the tests on behalf of students or replace their answers with his.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.5b174bc32322

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/u...g-scandal.html


$400k bribe for 1 kid to get into Yale. Yikes

Unregistered 03-12-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 2446693)
$400k bribe for 1 kid to get into Yale. Yikes

Apparently that's just what the coach got. Supposedly there was something like $1.2M paid by the family for things ranging from creating a fake athletic profile to having someone take the SAT for the student to paying off SAT test administrators, etc.

Imagine if they spent that $1.2M instead on SAT prep classes and soccer coaching!

Unregistered 03-12-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 2446716)
Apparently that's just what the coach got. Supposedly there was something like $1.2M paid by the family for things ranging from creating a fake athletic profile to having someone take the SAT for the student to paying off SAT test administrators, etc.

Imagine if they spent that $1.2M instead on SAT prep classes and soccer coaching!

kid would have better off using for toilet paper at this point. What a mess.

Unregistered 03-12-2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 2446716)
Apparently that's just what the coach got. Supposedly there was something like $1.2M paid by the family for things ranging from creating a fake athletic profile to having someone take the SAT for the student to paying off SAT test administrators, etc.

Imagine if they spent that $1.2M instead on SAT prep classes and soccer coaching!

No amount of test prep can turn an average student into an Ivy student

Unregistered 03-12-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 2446793)
No amount of test prep can turn an average student into an Ivy student

Lesson : Don"t do the crime unless your willing to do the time

Unregistered 03-13-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 2446793)
No amount of test prep can turn an average student into an Ivy student

No but having someone else take the test for your kid can :)

Unregistered 03-13-2019 03:53 PM

You all act like there aren't parents doing this on the youth club level. Ever wonder why little missy who can't run, can't shoot on goal and team members work around like a training cone get so much playing time? Wonder no more. Open your eyes...money makes the world go round.

Unregistered 03-13-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 2447569)
You all act like there aren't parents doing this on the youth club level. Ever wonder why little missy who can't run, can't shoot on goal and team members work around like a training cone get so much playing time? Wonder no more. Open your eyes...money makes the world go round.

Either that or the mom sleeps with the coach, which did actually happen on a U10 team I know years ago. We always wondered if it was with the dad's blessing because it wasn't a well kept secret.

Unregistered 03-13-2019 04:28 PM

Bribery at top institutions nationwide
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 2447574)
Either that or the mom sleeps with the coach, which did actually happen on a U10 team I know years ago. We always wondered if it was with the dad's blessing because it wasn't a well kept secret.

Well...we all remember when Mrs Gump "knocked boots" with the school principle so young Forest can go to school with Jenny!!!!!!

God Bless all mothers doing what has to be done!!!!!!! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.