Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watchung Hills Soccer Association - Matchfit Partnership

It was announced in March 2019 that the new training partner for WHSA NJ Elite teams will be Matchfit and United Soccer Academy.

https://www.njelitesoccer.org/Default.aspx?tabid=994093

For those of you in-the-know, the trainers at DTS / Soccercenters in Somerset, NJ, had formed and trained these teams.

Does anyone else here think it naive of WHSA to think our town's better kids won't get recruited to play out of town?

And, the way this has come about has been all wrong.

And, yes, I am a disgruntled parent.

The board should have read the Matchfit posts on this site to see you can't trust Matchfit at all.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It was announced in March 2019 that the new training partner for WHSA NJ Elite teams will be Matchfit and United Soccer Academy.

https://www.njelitesoccer.org/Default.aspx?tabid=994093

For those of you in-the-know, the trainers at DTS / Soccercenters in Somerset, NJ, had formed and trained these teams.

Does anyone else here think it naive of WHSA to think our town's better kids won't get recruited to play out of town?

And, the way this has come about has been all wrong.

And, yes, I am a disgruntled parent.

The board should have read the Matchfit posts on this site to see you can't trust Matchfit at all.
    Regardless of the fact if your town signs a relationship agreement with another club, kids will start self selecting at U12 to join teams with various potential to be a star, to go to showcases, or to follow a coach.

I would be disgruntled if MF decided to milk your town for money and offer same crappy training that they typically do because of their brand name.

Comment

As a parent affected by this, I really don’t think we’ll understand what’s going on until the younger kids step on the field in August / September, and which older kids end up playing HS and which do not. Then for older kids, what the teams look like in November.

My biggest complaint and what drives me to this board is that parents are not being open and honest with each other. If we stay together it doesn’t matter what name is on the front of your jersey. Why entrust your child to another coach who you and they have never met?

I only hear from word-of-mouth that this person went to a tryout here and there. That’s not honesty!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X